Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 7:34:59 PM EDT
.............on vehicles?

specifically in montana?

i am looking into putting smoke stacks on my diesel truck. someone told me it was illegal in Montana.

anybody have any info, or can anyone point me in the right direction to where i can find something?

what .mt.gov agency would be in charge of this?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
In IL we have the state laws (Illinois Compiled Statutes), but we also have the enviro-nazis (IL EPA) with a completely different set of arbitrary rules and policies that aren't part of the ICS, but will result in your revocation just the same.

Check with your Secretary of State / DMV (driver's & car license folks), then your state EPA if you have one.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
what you meant to ask...is where you can get the whistle tips!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

i must have missed something..............
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i must have missed something..............

whistle tip
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone with whistle tips should be flogged
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
oh gotcha!!!

don't need one of those when you have a turbo, with no muffler

edit: of course, the turbo makes a more beautiful whine................
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Wooo Woooo
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:20:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to findlaw.com and find your states vehicle and traffic laws  there. That should answer your questions.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Go to findlaw.com and find your states vehicle and traffic laws  there. That should answer your questions.

went but found nothing. any body have any other ideas?

i have called the police, highway patrol, treasurer, court house, can't seem to find an answer

i remember someone telling me that you can't do it in Montana unless you have a commercial vehicle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top