Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 6:18:53 PM EDT
It seems to me that the thought orthodoxy on this website tends to be one that acknowledges the permission given and demands made by the founding documents of this country (Declaration of Independence & Constitution) to its citizens to overthrow the government when the situation it fit for such action.  I'm also aware of the respect for members of the military and law enforcement establishments by those who frequent this website.
With all of that in mind, should all laws that might be used to construed to be used against a revolution be repealed?  There are, of course, the gun control laws, but what about the laws that punish the killers of police officers more severely than those who slay regular people?  The way I see it, such laws are like "hate crime" legislation.  It's already a crime to do one thing or another, why should the identity of your victim make a difference?
What about the laws related to discussion of government overthrow or the assassination of public officials (judges, the President, legislators)?  It seems to me that those laws may already constitute good reason for a revolution.  Are we, who talk all tough of using our firearms to inflict bloody losses upon an oppressive government, too chicken to stand up to them now and put our money where our mouths are?
Or have I just gone off the deep end and need to go live in the mountains of some western state?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebodys trolll account?

IBN_T

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What's a trolll account?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top