Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 4:23:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn!!! We'd be fucked if any war with them was waged or decided on a marching competition.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Who is the swastika supposed to represent? They ARE aware that nazi Germany died in the 40's, right?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn!!! We'd be fucked if any war with them was waged or decided on a marching competition.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
why does that remind me of the old red-square soviet marches....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
And how will they get the bomb here, on their rocket torpedo with a range of 1/2 mile or their super secret flying stealth boat with a 500lb payload capacity.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And how will they get the bomb here, on their rocket torpedo with a range of 1/2 mile or their super secret flying stealth boat with a 500lb payload capacity.

where is the picture of the mullah on the flying carpet? photocchop fatman or little boy on it...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

in pieces across the mexican border
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I saw the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of Iran in that video.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ship it to mexico and then drive it across the border.
It's be very easy for an Iranian to pull of for a Mexican. Just so "No Habola"
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ship it to mexico and then drive it across the border.
It's be very easy for an Iranian to pull of for a Mexican. Just so "No Habola"

But they will have to find Mexico first.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/corwin1968/capt.jpg

WHY is this guy always smiling..? i swear this is happiest looking world leader eva..
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#14]
hey now, the Iranians aren't all bad.   after all, they want to destroy the Nazi's.  That has to count for something.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Email from a friend watching this closely...

Iran Could Produce Nuclear Bomb in 16 Days, U.S. Says (Update2)
April 12 (Bloomberg) -- Iran, defying United Nations Security Council demands to halt its nuclear program, may be capable of making a nuclear bomb within 16 days, a U.S. State Department official said.
Iran will move to ``industrial scale'' uranium enrichment involving 54,000 centrifuges at its Natanz plant, the Associated Press quoted deputy nuclear chief Mohammad Saeedi as telling state-run television today.
``Using those 50,000 centrifuges they could produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon in 16 days,'' Stephen Rademaker, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation, told reporters today in Moscow.
Rademaker was reacting to a statement by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who said yesterday the country had succeeded in enriching uranium on a small scale for the first time, using 164 centrifuges. That announcement defies demands by the UN Security Council that Iran shut down its nuclear program this month.
The U.S. fears Iran is pursuing a nuclear program to make weapons, while Iran says it is intent on purely civilian purposes, to provide energy. Saeedi said 54,000 centrifuges will be able to enrich uranium to provide fuel for a 1,000-megawat nuclear power plant similar to the one Russia is finishing in southern Iran, AP reported.
``It was a deeply disappointing announcement,'' Rademaker said of Ahmadinejad's statement.
Weapons-Grade Uranium
Rademaker said the technology to enrich uranium to a low level could also be used to make weapons-grade uranium, saying that it would take a little over 13 years to produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon with the 164 centrifuges currently in use. The process involves placing uranium hexafluoride gas in a series of rotating drums or cylinders known as centrifuges that run at high speeds to extract weapons grade uranium.
Iran has informed the Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency that it plans to construct 3,000 centrifuges at Natanz next year, Rademaker said.
``We calculate that a 3,000-machine cascade could produce enough uranium to build a nuclear weapon within 271 days,'' he said.
While the U.S. has concerns over Iran's nuclear program, Rademaker said ``there certainly has been no decision on the part of my government'' to use force if Iran refuses to obey the UN Security Council demand that it shuts down its nuclear program.
Rademaker is in Moscow for a meeting of his counterparts from the Group of Eight wealthy industrialized countries. Russia chairs the G-8 this year.
China is concerned about Iran's decision to accelerate uranium enrichment and wants the government in Tehran to heed international criticism of the move, Wang Guangya, China's ambassador to the United Nations said.  

To contact the reporter on this story:  Sebastian Alison in Moscow at  [email protected].  
Last Updated: April 12, 2006 12:19 EDT  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Iran scares the crap out of me. They're obviously insane and pursuing nukes. But a military campaign to take them out is not guaranteed to be successful, and would likely result in a very bad war.

But it is looking like there is no way to avoid war.

As for the marching--feh. I think the Stanford Marching Band could do a better job, and they're not a marching band. Ohio State could kick their ass.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#17]
All pomp and no substance; I guarantee you that they'll crap their mandresses on the sight of one of our ICBM's streaking across the horizon towards their nuke sites, then later towards downtown Tehran.

For once, I am happy we are contemplating using tactical nukes on the Iranians. Need to remind them, along with the rest of the Jihadist world, who's still has the big guns.

TIME TO LOCK AND LOAD
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I think we just got served yo

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't think Iran will stop provoking the US until they finally get our attention, in the form of a serious military response.

Are they REALLY that crazy ?

WTF is wrong with them ???
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I don't think Iran will stop provoking the US until they finally get our attention, in the form of a serious military response.

Maybe they have a "doomsday device" ala Dr Strangelove.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, they're that crazy. The Iranian president is a member of an apocalyptic Islamic cult who believes global war will bring the end times and Islamic rule. They also think that a good war would help them consolidate their rule over a restive public.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Iran is tight with Chavez in Venezuala....Mexico is about to elect a Chavez friendly President......follow the bouncing nuke....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

"Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines".

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Amir my friend, let me tell you, these are quality rugs. Quality that speaks for itself! You'll find none of that Paki or Tribal shit in my shop!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#25]
That parade was sweet!

You've got to give them credit.
That was snazzy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#26]
From what I've read, tactical nukes will be the only way we can fully destroy their capabilities.

That's the way it goes.

HH
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Mr. President, We cannot allow a Doomsday Gap!!"
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Kinda hard to rule over a few million radioactive corpses............but I think the Israelis hit them first, after being threatened by Iran

Quoted:
Yes, they're that crazy. The Iranian president is a member of an apocalyptic Islamic cult who believes global war will bring the end times and Islamic rule. They also think that a good war would help them consolidate their rule over a restive public.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Well this pretty much is a clear demonstration of their intentions. The thing that was very interesting about this whole show was the total lack of any civilian presence. Maybe I missed something but I did not see one civilian flag waver.

Maybe the Marine Corp. drill team should reciprocate with a hardy F%^& Iran at the end.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
That parade was sweet!

You've got to give them credit.
That was snazzy.

You're right... it was pretty snazzy.

In a way, it reminded me of the march of the flying monkies from the Wizard of Oz (Ohh We Ohh... Ohh Uhhm), or the Klan march scene from "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou"... all 3 have that catchy chanting while marching tune that stays in your head for days.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

"Yes, but the whole point of the doomsday machine is lost if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the world?"

Greatest. Movie. Ever.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#33]
WTF?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I think we should encourage them to have big fancy parades like that all the time... A few miles of goose stepping like that and I think their soldiers' knees would be too wrecked to fight our boys.

Unless one of their new secret weapons is a General-Issue Rascal like the old people ride around on...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#35]
The krauts would have kicked Iran's ass already.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHY is this guy always smiling..? i swear this is happiest looking world leader eva..

'cause he's a true believer.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Did did anyone else start hearing "Springtime for Hitler" in their heads when they saw the human swastika?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Ohio State could kick their ass.

Yeah, at 144 bpm and 6 to 5.

For you marching band impaired, that is 144 beats per minute, when normal "march tempo" is 120 (and the Iranians were doing about 100).  Ohio State's known for their long fast stride of 6 steps to 5 yards (30" steps) whereas many marching bands do 8 to 5 (22.5" steps).
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I think we just got served yo

www.dancearea.ch/images/imagebreakdance.jpg

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Bleah...our highschool band does better than that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Well…

They have excellent drill instructors

Their soldiers are capable of carrying out complex, time critical manouveres

They have a snappy marching song with a great drum 'n' bass section

They are armed with 7.62mm H&K G3 battle rifles

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Nice half-time show.  

I was waiting for the Bhurka-clad cheerleaders and a Miller-Lite commercial...

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gas?

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:12:41 AM EDT
[#47]
About half-way through I could've sworn that I saw Ringo Starr sitting behind a couple of military officers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top