Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 3:10:53 PM EDT
Should we let them become the leadership of the United States since the civilian leadership has seemed to have been failing us.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You ever serve in the armed forces and you ask that question?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
When has that (in recent history) worked out ok?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
It was just a suggestion, Shit lock this thread!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.digischool.nl/kleioscoop/eisenhower.jpg

I read his post to imply that we replace the civilian leadership with an active member of the military. Ike was a civilian at the time, running like other civilians for president.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Should we let them become the leadership of the United States since the civilian leadership has seemed to have been failing us.

Sure... great idea.   All we have to do is vote one of them in during the next presidential election.  Other than that and it ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Think of the poor bastard that would have to serve under them

Cooks, maids etc
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I love these topics.  Just when I think that I have read the least thoughtful post possible, someone manages to take it down another notch.  Bravo!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess we just keep voting and let America continue to go to shit. That's great, we are to pussy to fight a civil war and to frightened to support a military coup. Fuck it we deserve whatever we get.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I guess we just keep voting and let America continue to go to shit. That's great, we are to pussy to fight a civil war and to frightened to support a military coup. Fuck it we deserve whatever we get.

Well your state of CA isn't exactly the beakon of freedom in the US.

fix it first before promoting a coup.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I guess we just keep voting and let America continue to go to shit. That's great, we are to pussy to fight a civil war and to frightened intelligent/constitution-loving/capable of achieving peaceful change if we want to support a military coup. Fuck it we deserve whatever we get.

Pick one
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Fuck it we deserve whatever we get.

Appropriate sentiment if you support a coup.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like maybe YOU need to do something if that is what you think. I mean, you can type all the bullshit you want any where you want to. It takes one person to do something, Not sitting at the back of a bus. This forum is not the place to start, they will ban your account and delete the thread.
Why dont you start passing out flyers and orginize protests etc, Worked for the Mexicans.
Of course you can do what everyone else is doing and just bitch on an open forum. Oh, you are
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We have a democracy here in MY USA.  Our Federal System my be a little messed up, but we still have the best thing going.  Move somewhere else if you want a dictatorship.   As a Marine, I am offended by your suggestion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#15]
What a tool.

For what it's worth, Ike reportedly never voted while he was in the service. He felt that it was not the place of military men to effect civilian politics.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#16]
All I am saying is that high military brass are well educated and from my experience seem to have a better collective head on their shoulder than most civilian leadership. Civilian leadership is usually comprised of true dumb asses. Who are too concerned over their reelection.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What a tool.

For what it's worth, Ike reportedly never voted while he was in the service. He felt that it was not the place of military men to effect civilian politics.

Yes, the officer corps in the US military used to be famous for being apolitical.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
All I am saying is that high military brass are well educated and from my experience seem to have a better collective head on their shoulder than most civilian leadership. Civilian leadership is usually comprised of true dumb asses. Who are too concerned over their reelection.

That is because the military is closer to a meritocracy and civilian politics is the realm of demagoguery.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#19]
 All I am saying is in the last century Japan, Germany and whatever other countries who tried to better themselves economically through military means always had civilian leadership. And guess what they all failed. Look at the Spartans they had military leadership and they were considered on of the most liberal of all the ancient civilizations. If the US is going to keep on being a military empire, leadership is going to have to change. I know many will argue that we are a consumer based economy, but I just don't see it. We are built from and operated by our MIC, all areas of our economy center around weapons, weapons development, and military operations to better our economy. I'm just saying if we are going to stay this way then give more authority to where it belongs or we just need to get out of the WAR business altogether.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
 All I am saying is in the last century Japan, Germany and whatever other countries who tried to better themselves economically through military means always had civilian leadership. And guess what they all failed. Look at the Spartans they had military leadership and they were considered on of the most liberal of all the ancient civilizations. If the US is going to keep on being a military empire, leadership is going to have to change. I know many will argue that we are a consumer based economy, but I just don't see it. We are built from and operated by our MIC, all areas of our economy center around weapons, weapons development, and military operations to better our economy. I'm just saying if we are going to stay this way then give more authority to where it belongs or we just need to get out of the WAR business altogether.

Where is Sparta today?  It's barely a tourist attraction.

Sparta the most liberal of ancient civilizations?  Where did that come from.  The Spartans enslaved neighboring Greeks (the Helots) and always had to keep a good chunk of their forces at home to prevent a revolt.  What did the Spartans leave behind in the way of art and culture?  Very little.  Compare and contrast to Athens.  It's illuminating.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where is Sparta today?  It's barely a tourist attraction.
Sparta the most liberal of ancient civilizations?  Where did that come from.  The Spartans
enslaved neighboring Greeks (the Helots) and always had to keep a good chunk of their forces at home to prevent a revolt.  What did the Spartans leave behind in the way of art and culture?  Very little.  Compare and contrast to Athens.  It's illuminating.

For the Ancients they were the first to let women play an active role in society. As far as slaves everybody had them. I don't think that would be a reason to say they sucked. Hell we had slaves for a while, and look we even have a nearly slave population now becoming restless. What were all those people in the streets doing last week.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Sparta was quite Fascist.  It work in some ways, but if it were not for the legends of their military prowess, they would be long forgotten.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top