Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 2:15:54 PM EDT
I saw the Motivator 2 and Sport which looked good, how does it compare to using real weights instead of power rods that flex?

Your opinions?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
About the only thing I like about these type of systems is the elimination of a spotter requirement, when training to muscle failure. Other than that, free weights seem to rule the roost.

This is just one weakling thinking out loud, though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got done using mine. I like it. very expensive though. Way more expensive than a Weider set up or something, isnt it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
About the only thing I like about these type of systems is the elimination of a spotter requirement, when training to muscle failure. Other than that, free weights seem to rule the roost.

This is just one weakling thinking out loud, though. hr

A real man doesn't need a spotter. BTW my funneral is at 10:00.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just got done using mine. I like it. very expensive though. Way more expensive than a Weider set up or something, isnt it?

it definitely is more expensive, but SubnetMask pointed out not needing a spotter which is a good point. Also I think it's probably easier to move around too?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Free weights are the way to go. Get a bench, a bar and some plates. Probably less than half the cost.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]
There has been some other threads related to this but in the end don't waste your money on a bow flex. The major problem is that they don't have a consistant weight resistance through your range of motion. There a good home gyms out for the same money.
How many college/pro teams do you hear using or endorsing a "bow flux". They use free weights or quality machines because they work.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I got one. The sport. It was given to me as long as I moved form the person thatw as using it as a clothes rack.

I added about 15 lbs of muscle in a year.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is just one weakling thinking out loud, though.

A real man doesn't need a spotter. BTW my funneral is at 10:00.

I remember lying on the bench trying not to suffocate underneath 200 lbs for about 45 minutes a few years ago...  

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I like mine but the only problem is you start out at only about 80% of the listed weight.  As the bows curl more they reach 100%.  I dont use mine as much as I use to.  I do more body weight exercise now and use the bow flex every now and then.  By the way I have the Ultimate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top