Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 6:22:38 AM EDT
I found a firearm that I've been looking for on GunBroker. I found it at numerous other dealer's websites, but it can be all the way up to $300 more on their websites. The cheapest website I found was $919 with Shipping and Insurance. the Gunbroker add is for $869 'Buy it Now'
The price almost seems too good to be true, and I don't want to get screwed.
Have many of you used GunBroker, and had success with it?
Has anyone ever gotten screwed, and either gotten it resolved or not?
The seller has 15 feedbacks, and 1 negative in 4/2005. but looking at the feedback from the buyer and seller, it could be either one's fault. (Seller says no FFL recieved, Buyer says never shipped, and wouldn't respond to email)
What do you guys think?  How do you feel about GunBroker?

And no, I'm not posting the listing, because I don't want any of you sneaky bastards to steal it out from under me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a great place to do business. I have sold over 20 guns there and had no problems with buyers unlike Escam sorry I mean Ebay.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I got my Mosin-Nagant through gunbroker, I would do buisness there again anytime.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Got my Sig P220 from there about 2 months ago.  No problems at all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I've bought and sold on gunbroker with no hassles at all.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your replies so far guys...

Anyone else care to comment on your experiences?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Good stuff. Bought one gun there and will probably buy more.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for your replies so far guys...

Anyone else care to comment on your experiences?

In my opinion, the main thing is to ask questions BEFORE you buy and to maintain communication AFTER the purchase.

I have made several purchases on there, and I thought all three were at excellent prices.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#8]
OK I agree that gun broker is a great site.
They also have scam artists working the site just like any other auction site.
You need to protect yourself and check the seller out good, you also need to use an escrow service if the amount is any where near a grand.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I like Gunbroker a lot.

I will admit that I need to go to "Gunbroker Search Function School" because I usually have to try 30 iterations before I seemingly stumble upon the right mix of things to type in the search bar.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used it for a few purchases in the last couple of weeks without issues.

Unfortunately, I got into a bidding war for a rifle I've wanted for years, for no particular reason, and ended up paying approximately $100 more than I should have. Its in really good condition though and now that I have it I will not be sweating finding one anymore.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Sold a few and bought alot, never a problem of any kind. Just 1 negative feedback wouldnt bother me that much, since it was a year ago.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#12]
edit:  oops, thought you were asking about a different thing.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I use GB. You sometimes have to wade through a bunch of overpriced ads to find the real deals. I've never been ripped off, and I've got all positive feedback, so I haven't ripped anyone off.

BTW, that green and black is a nice combination.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Bought one revolver last fall. No problem at all. On internet auctions I  buy from sellers with lots of feedback and carefully check it. If the sellers response to negative or neutral feedback shows an attitude I'll pass it up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I use GB. You sometimes have to wade through a bunch of overpriced ads to find the real deals. I've never been ripped off, and I've got all positive feedback, so I haven't ripped anyone off.

Bastard!!!!!

It's mine! I saw it first.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I have purchased several firearms on gunbroker with no problems.
The one thing to consider is at $869.00 plus the shipping cost you will be charged
and the FFL transfer fee could bring it up to $940.00 or better.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bastard!!!!!

It's mine! I saw it first.

Yeah, but I hit the Buy it Now button first!
Nah, I wouldn't steal it out from under you.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I prefer auctionarms

but never had a problem with GB myself
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I've bought on GB. Never had a problem. Just make sure you check Feedback.(no feedback doesn't mean its a bad thing. could just be new.)
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Since it is not gunbroker.com that you are dealing with, it is the individual seller's reputation that matters.

I've bought guns from auctionarms.com and gunbroker.com. I got great deals from both sites with the guns being in better condition than I expected. One one, my FFL swore the seller screwed up and sent me a new gun instead of a used.

You mainly need to check feedback and bid only with a reliable seller and ask any questions before bidding.

I have bought a couple of hundred items online from bid sites and companies such as amazon.com. All have been excellent experiences. It just pays to shop around, be familiar with the product you are buying and buy from a reputable person/company.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Bought and sold, had some great experiences.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Seems like its there mostly for FFL's to trade back and forth. Just go to your local FFL to place an order and be done with it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought my H&K SL8-1 rifle for a heck of a price on there.  The seller was very professional.  Great experience for me so far.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Just be careful, it can be addicting. Case in point, I just stumbled upon a very nice, half-million range Inland M1 carbine last week and bought it off GunBroker on a whim for $500. I knew I really couldn't afford it, but I don't care. Now I'm broke....but it's a happy sort of broke.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Never had a problem with GB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top