Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 5:04:38 AM EDT
www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/11/D8GTUL906.html

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI
Associated Press Writer

TEHRAN, Iran

Iran has successfully enriched uranium for the first time, a landmark in its quest to develop nuclear fuel, hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday. He insisted, however, that his country does not aim to develop nuclear weapons.

In a nationally televised speech, Ahmadinejad called on the West "not to cause an everlasting hatred in the hearts of Iranians" by trying to force Iran to abandon uranium enrichment.

"At this historic moment, with the blessings of God almighty and the efforts made by our scientists, I declare here that the laboratory- scale nuclear fuel cycle has been completed and young scientists produced enriched uranium needed to the degree for nuclear power plants Sunday," Ahmadinejad said.

"I formally declare that Iran has joined the club of nuclear countries," he told an audience that included top military commanders and clerics in the northwestern holy city of Mashhad. The crowd broke into cheers of "Allahu akbar!" or "God is great!" Some stood and thrust their fists in the air.

The U.N. Security Council has demanded that Iran stop all uranium enrichment activity by April 28. Iran has rejected the demand, saying it has a right to develop the process. The head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency, Mohamed ElBaradei, is due in Iran this week for talks to try to resolve the standoff.

The White House denounced the latest comments from Iranian officials, with spokesman Scott McClellan saying they "continue to show that Iran is moving in the wrong direction."

Ahmadinejad said Iran "relies on the sublime beliefs that lie within the Iranian and Islamic culture. Our nation does not get its strength from nuclear arsenals."

He said Iran wanted to operate its nuclear program under supervision by the International Atomic Energy Agency and within its rights and regulations under the regulations of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:07:30 AM EDT
[#1]
<CoC Violation>
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:13:53 AM EDT
[#2]
What none of news.org's are talking about is that Ahmadinejad is a confirmed believer that Armageddon is coming - the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam.

From the Washington Post: www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/15/AR2005121501428_pf.html

"When Ahmadinejad unexpectedly won the presidential elections, he immediately gave $17 million of government funds to the shrine (The more devout believers in Iran pray at the Jamkaran mosque, which houses a well from which, some believe, he (12th Imam) will emerge. Last month Ahmadinejad said publicly that the main mission of the Islamic Revolution is to pave the way for the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam.

And as in some versions of fundamentalist Christianity, the second coming will be accompanied by the usual trials and tribulations, death and destruction. Iranian journalist Hossein Bastani reported Ahmadinejad saying in official meetings that the hidden imam will reappear in two years.

So a Holocaust-denying, virulently anti-Semitic, aspiring genocidist, on the verge of acquiring weapons of the apocalypse, believes that the end is not only near but nearer than the next American presidential election. (Pity the Democrats. They cannot catch a break.) This kind of man would have, to put it gently, less inhibition about starting Armageddon than a normal person. Indeed, with millennial bliss pending, he would have positive incentive to, as they say in Jewish eschatology, hasten the end."

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate to say this but I almost hope they do get nukes so we can have this out once and for all. Sounds to me like their present leader would be just the man for the apocalyptic scenerio he wants to see come to fruition.

We can make that happen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:20:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how many boomers we have off the coast of Iran right now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:24:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

One or two should be plenty, I would think.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:25:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure Israel is itching to bomb Iran into the stone ages.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet we have more than 2.  A few years back Iran bought a dozen or so attack subs from Russia.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#8]
What will happen is we invade Iran based on these reports, find no WMD and the left will continue to cry that Bush lied.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:27:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet we have more than 2.  A few years back Iran bought a dozen or so attack subs from Russia.

There was a thing in the news last week about Iran testing anti-submarine missles.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#10]
From: http://andrewlanderyou.blogspot.com/2005_06_16_andrewlanderyou_archive.html

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:46:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I am not convinced that Iran isn't bluffing here.

Nevertheless, it does put that whole "peaceful purposes" bullsh*t the libbies have been hiding behind for years to rest, doesn't it?

Iran wants nuclear missles. They want to be able to threaten the entire free world with WMDs.

Gee....where have we heard that before???
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#13]
If only we had saved our strength for a real fight instead of expended our forces to 'spread democracy'.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/osprey21/pic20-20sub_hatches_open.jpg

I never get tired of seeing that picture. Money well spent
Late October Iran will be bombed. ( its election time ya' know )
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

All it would take is one.  Each sub carries enough canned sunshine to completely obliterate the nation of Iran several times over.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All it would take is one.  Each sub carries enough canned sunshine to completely obliterate the nation of Iran several times over.

Yeah but I assume they also have to plan on some subs running into mechanical problems or being sunk...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:06:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Say Hello to the "Islamic Bomb"!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:10:53 AM EDT
[#19]
The original Canned Heat

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:13:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Nevertheless, it does put that whole "peaceful purposes" bullsh*t the libbies have been hiding behind for years to rest, doesn't it?

No it doesn't. Enriched uranium is used in nuclear power generation as well as nuclear weapons.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Pakistan already has the "Islamic Bomb."
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:23:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If only we had saved our strength for a real fight instead of expended our forces to 'spread democracy'.

+ 1

But if you look at what we "control" after 5 years of war, we have Iran surrounded(A guy I used to work with pointed this out last year). Some might even say Afgan and Iraq war was just part of the over all showdown with Iran.

Maybe the Israelies will launch their fighters and take Iran out.
Iran might strike back at Israel, but my Nietzschean  tendencies say "Better them than US"

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it doesn't. Enriched uranium is used in nuclear power generation as well as nuclear weapons.

Didn't the Russkies offer to enrich uranium  for Iran so they could use it in reactors and not weapons(weapons grade and reactor grade are not the same). I beleive Iran rejected that offer. Why would you rejected enrich uranium for your reactors if your only purpose is for the peaceful production of nuclear engery?

Could it be that you won't be able to make your nuclear weapons then?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pakistan already has the "Islamic Bomb."

But Pakistan is our friend.......................Seriously!..........George Bush told me so!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:35:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep telling yourself that...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:39:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What will happen is we invade Iran based on these reports, find no WMD and the left will continue to cry that Bush lied.

I suppose it's terrible of me to think this, but I sometimes think it would be better for the US if we failed to act,and let the left reap what they've sown. Death by Jimmy Carter policies....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:55:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep telling yourself that...

Wow, that was a witty retort. Take long to come up with it?

Here are some facts. Enriched uranium is used in power generation and nuclear weapons. Claiming production of enriched uranium doesn't prove anything about a weapons program or put to rest Iran's position that their program is for "peaceful purposes." If evidence of highly enriched uranium is found you have proof of intent to build nuclear weapons.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am about to the point of advocating we vacate the entire ME and unleash enough canned sunshine to make a parking lot of the whole ME.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am about to the point of advocating we vacate the entire ME and unleash enough canned sunshine to make a parking lot of the whole ME.

NUKE THEIR ASS..........TAKE THEIR GAS!

When will someone pay attention!?!?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yeah, if we had done that, we wouldn't have staging points in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Great plan, General Custer.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top