Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 1:35:53 AM EDT
TV series from the 70s that Andy Griffith, a junk yard owner built a rocket ship out of junk so they could fly to the moon and recover all the NASA space junk.

www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/9782/salvage1.html

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#1]

The pilot was great and I remember it well.  Didn't think that much of the show as it progressed.  I lost interest pretty fast as I recall.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:43:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember that show, after the pilot it was kinda hard to keep a story line like that alive though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:53:14 AM EDT
[#3]
cool show back in the day..
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The pilot was great and I remember it well.  Didn't think that much of the show as it progressed.  I lost interest pretty fast as I recall.

Yeah, it was a shame.  After the first episode, I thought they'd be going into space a lot...but it didn't happen and the show got boring fast.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
If I remember right, they only made 2 flights, the last one for the Gov't(unofficially). I recall the gov't rep looking at the tires used as landing gear pads. Andy G. tells him "Only Xnumber of million miles on that tire(Miles to moon and back).

Cool show, doomed for lack of continuing plot.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:18:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I watched it as a kid.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I remeber that show.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I remeber that show.

+1
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I remeber that show.

Yep. The only episode that I can remember is the one where they flew the ship to some island out
in the Pacific with a veteran to recover the B-25 that he'd forcelanded there back during WW2.

I can't remember what supposedly forced it down, or why it was never recovered back then, but I
do seem to recall that they were able to get it out, and it looked in remarkably good condition for
having sat there for 40+ years.

ETA: Looked at the webpage, and saw that my above mentioned episode was #3. It says that there
were 19 episodes, of which the last four never aired. I don't remember the series being that long,
nor do I remember any of the other shows mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I forgot all about that show.  I forgot about Space 1999 too until I saw something on E-bay a while back.    I was in Jr High back then.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#11]
This is the first I've heard of it I do believe. It sounds like something I would have watched but I sure don't remember it.

Maybe it was just that bad?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]
My favorite part was when Andy Griffith pulled a gun out and shot a fighter plane seat and sold it as a genuine combat bullet ridden cock pit seat....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Good pilot.  Kinda boring as a regular show.

Bilster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top