Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 10:49:16 PM EDT
$101.1 million cash payout option

Roughly $65 million after taxes.

Enough to buy my own private island, build a big house, a bunch of food, a bunch of guns, and watch the world die.

After Jorge Arbusto and the RINOs in congress sellout the country in AmnestyFest2006, I'll be able to take it all in on satellite TV and internet.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow night I'll be on the phone with my accountant planning how to protect my winnings from taxes.

Viva powerball! Arrrrrriba!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
at least till the mexicans learn of this better island.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Typical response.

'Fuck it', not my problem, I'm off to an island.

call your reps instead, better yet use that money to finance your election campaign, get elected  and actively change the laws.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, but once you figure out you just gave 36.1 million dollars to help support the "undocumented infrastructure", you might feel a twinge of guilt.  

Then again,  I'd probably just suck down something filled with rum and an umbrella in it, while kickin' back in the sun and not worrying about "that place".  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Typical response.

'Fuck it', not my problem, I'm off to an island.

call your reps instead, better yet use that money to finance your election campaign, get elected  and actively change the laws.

I'm tired of giving a shit about it. Most people only want freedom for themselves and not for the other guy. Instead of fighting a losing battle here, I could be free to spend time with my family and not worry about the speed at which this country goes downhill.

And that's all it is now - not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. People will vote themselves benefits and punish producers because they can.

I figure I can buy one island, set up a capitalist paradise, and use the proceeds to buy more. Maybe some offshore drilling too. Screw it, no EPA to hold me back.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yea, but once you figure out you just gave 36.1 million dollars to help support the "undocumented infrastructure", you might feel a twinge of guilt.  

That's what the accountant is for. It's good to have someone who knows all the tax laws and the ways they can be used to your benefit.

Maybe I'll buy one of them farms in US where the goverment pays me not to grow corn or raise pigs. Hell, I could probably not raise a million pigs a year. Think of the cash that would give me!

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what the accountant is for. It's good to have someone who knows all the tax laws and the ways they can be used to your benefit.

Maybe I'll buy one of them farms in US where the goverment pays me not to grow corn or raise pigs. Hell, I could probably not raise a million pigs a year. Think of the cash that would give me!

Oh yea!  and just think of all the newly legalized workers you'll have at your disposal!  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yea!  and just think of all the newly legalized workers you'll have at your disposal!  

It doesn't take any workers to not raise pigs. Just a lawyer to fill out the paperwork and an accountant to handle the rest.

What a great plan - leave the country and do what I can to suck off the government teet thaks to some lawmaker pandering to farmers. What a country! I love it.

The 35 or whatever million dollars they'd take in taxes would be a small price to pay for an exit fee.

Now, to shop for islands. I wonder if the one malcolm forbes used to own is still on the market???
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, dang.  Though my avatar might lead you to believe differently, I haven't raised pigs or corn all my life.

Where do I go to pick up my check?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I already bought the winning ticket
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Use the money to immigrate to Mexico!! HA HA that'll show em!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well, dang.  Though my avatar might lead you to believe differently, I haven't raised pigs or corn all my life.

Where do I go to pick up my check?

You need money to get free money from the government in this scam.

Do you have a lot of land that you could promise not to farm or raise animals on?

I wonder how much corn I couldn't raise on 10,000 acres. Or what the most profitable crop to not grow is?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Since I'm definately not a lawyer... I ask this from the more legally inclined.

Let's say someone won the lottery, and bought THIS ISLAND from the Canadian government...

How do you go about making it your own country? I mean, technically, doesn't the land still belong to the Canadians even if you own it? Not sure...

Can you buy an island and say "This is my own country!"? Would you have to go to the UN to be officially recognized, ect?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Since I'm definately not a lawyer... I ask this from the more legally inclined.

Let's say someone won the lottery, and bought THIS ISLAND from the Canadian government...

How do you go about making it your own country? I mean, technically, doesn't the land still belong to the Canadians even if you own it? Not sure...

Can you buy an island and say "This is my own country!"? Would you have to go to the UN to be officially recognized, ect?

You'd need to make an arragnment with the country that posseses the island. Most likely you'd be subject to their laws. How strict they are at enforcing them defends on where you go and how well you grease their palms.

Ideally it would be enough money to buy not just the island, but arrange payment with the host country for true independence, along with defense and trade agreements.

ETA: Yes, I have looked into private islands before

There are several sites that list private islands for sale. The problem is most are very far away (the best ones are around fiji)
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You'd need to make an arragnment with the country that posseses the island. Most likely you'd be subject to their laws. How strict they are at enforcing them defends on where you go and how well you grease their palms.

Ideally it would be enough money to buy not just the island, but arrange payment with the host country for true independence, along with defense and trade agreements.

ETA: Yes, I have looked into private islands before

There are several sites that list private islands for sale. The problem is most are very far away (the best ones are around fiji)

This interests me very much so.

No trade imbargos, no stubborn firearms restrictions...

Could finally own a M249 without paying $300,000....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Enough $ buy 2k Federal XM193
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I already bought the winning ticket

Inconceivable!

I hope you don't have the same numbers as me, because I don't want to split the cash!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top