Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 9:50:39 PM EDT
With recent events involving the Mexican protests.  I have been thinking a lot about what the next step is for those of us that are fed up.  I need your help coming up with an idea tht will make sense and not have too many negative consequences for the United States.  Here are some questions to brainstorm on.

1.  What can we boycott that will hit the Mexican government as well as Mexicans in the US where it hurts?

2.  How can we send a message to our politicians that we are fed up with them ignoring the will of and overwhelming majority of the American people?

3.   How  can we punish companies that employ these illegals?

4.  Should the boycott last one day, one week, or indefinetly?

5.  Can this be done without creating serious consequences for our economy.

What do you all think?

-Jason M
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Do your own yardwork and housecleaning.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quit Buying Illegal Narcotics
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagged for input.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
CHECK IT OUT
concrete block political party (arfcom fire mission)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Today when I was coming home I about  jumped for joy when I saw a county enforcement officer loading his vehicle up with ALL the contents (oranges,fruits,etc,ect) from an illegal selling his stuff out on the corner.He was pulling out what looked to be a citation book and told the guy to have a seat.The illegal started to make a quick phone call on his cell phone.Looks like there cracking down on these these wanna-be street vendors.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
CHECK IT OUT
concrete block political party (arfcom fire mission)

LINK
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I'm not going to stop eating at Mexican restaurants. The food is too good.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL, ok, I already don't pay anyone to do yard work and I don't use any drugs.  He he he.  I'm also a little weary of sending any suspicious packages to congress because they'd probably think I was a terrorist and send me to guantanimo bay.

The mexican restraunts and fast food places sound like an easy target.  Should we just start there or is there something else to add to the list.

-Jason M

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Tourism.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#10]
My company that I work for (Drywall Contractor) only had one crew not show up for work on Monday. Let me state that all of the people we PAY, are legal, if they have someone illegal working for them, then, we don't know. Back to the story.....

The crew that didn't show up on Monday, will be expecting to get paid on Friday for the work they were suppossed to have done on Monday, they did the work on Tuesday. Well the Boss said he is going to Protest the Protest that they had and will pay them on the next Friday, not this Friday. That is his way of a somewhat boycott. The company can not completely stop employing the legal Mexicans, the jobs wouldn't ever get done on a timely manor.

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Stay out of Walmart, All restaraunts and hotels
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:15:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
1.  What can we boycott that will hit the Mexican government as well as Mexicans in the US where it hurts?

There isn't anything.  IF a nation wide union sanctioned WalMart boycot hasn't gained enough momentum to make a difference, a Mexico boycot will not succeed
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#13]
No more donkey shows!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Use only American hookers!!

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:23:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Stop buying tejano CDs and paint over that airbrushed hood on the car?

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Use the NRA-ILA contact line and EMAIL all in Washington.
The one they get the most mail or email from will win!
If you do nothing that is what you will get!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I would love to see a national movement that takes pride in doing your own lawn work, cleaning your own house, raising your own kids.  My wife is pressuring me to get a maid.  I don't want one, can't afford one, view one as a security risk, but her relatives and some of her friends have maids so therefore we need one too.  I was raised in an egalatarian society where you picked up after yourself, did your own cooking and cleaning.  Worst part is that I already do 95 percent of the housework and 100 percent of the yardwork.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top