Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:09:07 PM EDT
Troy-Bilt 10 HP Wood Chipper / Shredder are they any good? Or would you suggest another model brand.. I have some really thick limbs and I'm worried that if I get a too small of unit. It might break easily if I over load it.. And I don't want or need that happening..
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one, not a troy bilt but same hp. Used it once then returned it. no where near  enough ass. Any thing over 2 inches and it would bog down. you'd be better off renting a big one from a rental yard. my .02
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:37:05 AM EDT
[#3]
How many illegals can it handle at one time?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know what the chipper costs. How much would you use it? Would it be better to rent a chipper once in awhile instead?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:57:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Troy-Bilt 10 HP Wood Chipper / Shredder are they any good? Or would you suggest another model brand.. I have some really thick limbs and I'm worried that if I get a too small of unit. It might break easily if I over load it.. And I don't want or need that happening..

Christ, Fat, how big of a guy was he?  Just rent the BIG chipper and take care of the whole body at once.

SBG
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Time to feed the hogs already??
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a little Vacuum/Blower/Chipper ( 5hp) that is great for around the house.

Works well on branches..NOT limbs. Only can take about 1.5 inch in diameter. The vacuum is handy for leaves.

For bigger limbs, save your cash. Rent a chipper.

How often do you use a big chipper? More than 4 times a year? or once every couple of years?

If you don't need it frequently, rental is the way to go... plus no storage or maintenance.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#8]
All chipper shredders clog eventually.  Make damn sure it is fairly easy to unclog.  BTW - I put a HP engine where a HP used to be on my Troy Built Jr. and that thing kicked arse!  Never clogged after that either.  

Disclaimer - don't try this at home.  You're not me or Tim Allen!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top