Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:43:48 PM EDT
the new album from our krezzy kraut friends Rammstein called Rosenrot, is quite good.  not as full of hate and anger as Herzeleid or Sehnsucht but still a good solid album(and a welcome change from that pile of crap that Rob Zombie just put out).  gets a buy reccomendation from me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
is that the Du Hast band?  if so, they kinda remind me of the nihilists from the Big Lebowski.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
yep, that's off of the Sehnsucht album
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
RosenRot sounds alot differnt, maybe just me, Hertzeld, sehnsucht, Reise Reise,  are all along the same tempo.  I don't know where the hell Mutter came from as far as style, good just didn't seem to have good old songs like  "du hast", or "wolt ihr das bet im flammen sehen".
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
His music sounds pretty skunky when translated to English.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Rosenrot is definitely their best one yet.

I... uh... "Legally acquired and definitely didn't bittorrent it" earlier this year.

Favorite song off of it is probably Mann Gegen Mann (due to the sound... I don't translate it in my head when listening. Shut up. I'm not gay), followed by Zerstören, Feuer und Wasser, and Spring. But I like them all (although admittedly Ein Lied I like far less than the others).
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
skunky as in crude, or just dumb sounding lyrics.  Most people use literal translations, these often arn't good  translations of what is actually meant.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, remember, translating to English destroys the flow and the rhyme.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Rammstein ROCKs
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Mann Gegen Mann= man agianst man=mans struggle.  German a little rusty (great grandmother austrian she taught me some)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#10]
i just heard this song for the first time yesterday, its awesome.  i wish i had their new album

p.s., i sent u an IM
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I thought that was only with rap.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I have several Rammstein faves; including Feuer Frei (xXx Theme Song), Ich Will, Engel, Sonne & of course Du Hast.

An acquaintance of mine that served in Germany let me borrow "Reise Reise"; I was hooked ever since.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Rammstein ROCKs

+1!

Thanks for the heads up!  I didn't even know they had a new one out.  I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

-K
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rammstein ROCKs

+1!

Thanks for the heads up!  I didn't even know they had a new one out.  I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

-K

Yeah its been out everywhere else in the world since December (and on the internet before that most likely).  It wasn't released in the US here until just a couple weeks ago.

But its quite good.  Probably my second favorite after Reise, Reise
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I like "Sonne" and "Amerika"
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Mann Gegen Mann= man agianst man=mans struggle.  German a little rusty (great grandmother austrian she taught me some)

It's about gay people.

First stanza:

Das Schicksal hat mich angelacht
und mir ein Geschenk gemacht
Warf mich auf einen warmen Stern
Der Haut so nah dem Auge fern
Ich nehm mein Schicksal in die Hand
Mein Verlangen ist bemannt
--translated--
Destiny has smiled on me
And given me a gift
[it] Throws me a warm (or slang for gay) star
The skin so near, the eyes [so] far
I take my destiny in hand
My desire is manned

And the fourth:

Ich bin die Ecke aller Räume
Ich bin der Schatten aller Bäume
In meiner Kette fehlt kein Glied
wenn die Lust* von hinten zieht
Mein Geschlecht schimpft mich Verräter
Ich bin der Alptraum aller Väter
--translated--
I'm the corner of all rooms
I'm the shadow of all trees
In my chain no links/penises (slang again) are missing
When desire takes from behind
My gender/genitals (slang) calls me a traitor
I'm the nightmare of all fathers

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that was only with rap.

All songs (at least all good ones) have flow and most rhyme. See my above translations for an easy illustration of what I mean.

*"Lust" is cognate and the root of English "lust" but refers to any strong desire, not just a sexual one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top