Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 6:23:15 PM EDT
What if the whole Iran nuclear agenda is a ruse to push the US into a first nuclear strike?

After 9/11 rumors were flying daily about suitcase sized nuclear weapons & dirty bombs being smuggled into the US. When none were used to attack us we wrote the rumors off as the fictional ramblings of madmen.

What if there were in fact weapons of mass destruction smuggled into the US and are being held for a future attack. I know what many think that if they were in fact currently in our country that the terrorists would not hesitate to use them. But the last time they carried out a large scale attack on our soil we immediately invaded Afghanistan and decimated some of their strongholds and killed a lot of terrorists including top leaders in the terrorist networks. When we did this we were backed by most of the world, even countries we did not have very good relationships with.

Now we have Iran allegedly creating nuclear weapons and we hear that the sites they are being created in are fortified underground bunkers that can only be attacked via a nuclear strike from the US or its allies.

What if our first strike is being orchestrated by our enemies to enable them to use weapons of mass destruction against us as a retaliatory strike? Surely they would think that if we struck them with nuclear weapons first they could get away with a retaliatory strike and not bring on the wrath of the entire world. After all we used unconventional weapons first and they were merely protecting themselves. Sure our allies would condemn their actions but the rest of the world that usually either sit on the fence or outright agree with terrorist states would consider it a rational response to our first strike.

I’m further thinking that if their retaliatory strike was dramatic enough and elusive enough it would hinder our ability to respond properly. They might feel they could actually get away with their plan.

I’m not saying this is a completely flawless theory and I don’t profess to having a great analytical mind but its something I’ve though about for the last couple of hours.

For the record I think we should have ICBMs inbound on Iran right now.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
it's the only way to be sure

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If they had them here they would have used them by now.  Not saying that they are not persuing another strike inside our borders but they have a lot of patience.

As for ICBM's inbound..  I guarantee there is a working plan right now, as I type this, to lay waste to that whole fucking place..  Whether we act on it is another story but I believe that unless Iran gives up nuke ambitions all together we will see a huge airstrike befor next spring..
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
If they are manipulating us, why not just get us to nuke ourselves?

Couldn't help myself.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#5]
[sarcasm] Well the Green party will be happy as nuclear winter will help to offest their 2 biggest concerns - global warming and over population. That is all [sarcasm]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to play Russian roulette with your life that's your business but leave me out of your suicidal plan
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the tin foil is REAAAALLLY tight on this one fellas.   Back it off a bit.  Thaaatt's right.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok,
So someone explain what these munitions are?The one on the left looks very intresting....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ok,
So someone explain what these munitions are?The one on the left looks very intresting....

All you need to know:  Canned sunshine
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not so sure if they would be used in a retaliatory manner.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Will we get better mileage with radioactive oil?

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#13]
... You wouldn't want me as your President.

... For one, I wouldn't be second-guessing at these if-and scenarios too much. Nope, in fact I'd be planning an imminent all-out, and complete pulverization of the Bushehr nuclear plant in Iran.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#14]
[Thick Arab Accecnt]"Achmed...I have a plan to destroy with the American pigdogs! First, elect a complete maniac to be our president, then we will get him to say all kinds of crazy shit about destroying Isreal and America. Then once the Americans are mad at us we will fake like we have acquired the technology to build and launch nuclear weapon. This will cause the Americans to destroy us with their nuclear weapons, and then we can retaliate with this snappy suitcase nuclear bomb."[/Thick Arab Accecnt]

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok,

All you need to know:  Canned sunshine

b.s.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#16]
On the left meet Mr. B83 (30 Kt to 1.2Mt - Dial-a-Yield) mostly employed as a tactical or strategic device

On the right meet Mr. B61 (.3Kt to about 340Kt - Dial-a-Yield) mostly employed as a tactical device

The black nose on the B61 houses the point detonation fuse IIRC, though the Mod 11 varient has a hardened nose.

These are probably training dummies, due to the lack of an armed guard anywhere in the picture and the fact that someone got close enough to take a picture to begin with.

Supposedly fresh out of development is the physics package from a B61 cased in a hardened penetrator (bunker buster)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
... You wouldn't want me as your President.

... For one, I wouldn't be second-guessing at these if-and scenarios too much. Nope, in fact I'd be planning an imminent all-out, and complete pulverization of the Bushehr nuclear plant in Iran.

You and me both, brother!  in fact, I would have probably decreased the world's nation count by at least four within a month of 9/11. We've got drills that can punch through glass, right?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Who is threatened MORE by Iran having nukes?

US or Israel?

The answer to that question is the SAME answer to:

Now who do you think would strike first?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#19]
i see your point and i think thats a very good analysis.

the only question is it seems as though they would run the risk of having the nukesfound that they have 'already smuggled' into the country.        if you have them here, why risk the chance of not getting to use them?

that being said, if its buried somewhere and only a few terrorists know about it, they dont need to communicate about it to each other.         the only way we intercept stuff is is people are talking about it.  the .gov cannot read peoples minds.

so if they ARE in the country, i think your analysis may be dead on.  thats what i'd do if i was them.  retaliation to the only country who has used such weapons twice in history.  i bet they could set up a good story and make the world feel sorry for them.  that'd be damn hard on our country, etc.

and the fact ppl are pussies.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#20]

MISSLE AWAY!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top