Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 5:45:13 PM EDT
I'm just wondering if it helped or hurt the blood pressure. Let me know your experience.

thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
See the following thread on Active Low-Carber Forums--

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=281770

Short version, cut sodium from your diet and add potassium.  I hope this helps.

Steve

Edited to add:  I have had no problems with my blood pressure and have been on Atkins on-and-off for just under 3 years, total weight loss so far 88 lbs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
See the following thread on Active Low-Carber Forums--

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=281770

Short version, cut sodium from your diet and add potassium.  I hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks for the link. Seems like most say low carb lowers the BP more than the Dash diet would. I can definitely relate to those in that thread that say their BP is higher at the doc's office. I know mine is... especially when an attractive assistant is taking it.

Edited to add:  I have had no problems with my blood pressure and have been on Atkins on-and-off for just under 3 years, total weight loss so far 88 lbs.

I hadn't had BP problems that I know of until the last year or so. I've had blood work done and my cholesterol is normal. Had a heart x-ray and it is not enlarged. EKG was normal.

Good job on the plan. I have been there, or almost there, in the past. I was down 60 or so pounds several years ago. I ended up underemployed for a while and couldn't afford steak and ended up gaining it all back and then some (ramen is high carb). I plan on staying on it forever this time as long as it doesn't interfere with any other medical conditions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top