Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 3:48:47 PM EDT
OK, so I know most of my friends and acquaintances are members. I'm in that less than 7 years out of college kind of age bracket. Anyway, I've been the last hold out. It seems really silly the whole "internet friends" thing, and it also seems like a thinly disguised internet dating site. The other day I was listening to the radio and they were talking about some person's myspace site and instead of just throwing out a URL they said the name you had to search for and said it was like the third result. So I swallowed my pride and registered so I could check it out.

Now can someone tell me what benefit MySpace offers a mid-twenties, relatively successfull guy, who is in a relationship? I really just don't get it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
There's an ARFCOM group.

There are quite a few older individuals, like yourself, on that group.

I am in Myspace's target group, and have an account.

Also you can find friends from your high school/college.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Having a myspace account should be a CoC violation.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Consider me violated many times over then.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a tall blonde girl named Alexa on myspace...

Hehehehe...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OK, so I know most of my friends and acquaintances are members. I'm in that less than 7 years out of college kind of age bracket. Anyway, I've been the last hold out. It seems really silly the whole "internet friends" thing, and it also seems like a thinly disguised internet dating site. The other day I was listening to the radio and they were talking about some person's myspace site and instead of just throwing out a URL they said the name you had to search for and said it was like the third result. So I swallowed my pride and registered so I could check it out.

Now can someone tell me what benefit MySpace offers a mid-twenties, relatively successfull guy, who is in a relationship? I really just don't get it.

It is amusing for about 10-15 minutes, then gets depressing really fast.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I looked it at a bit, found it kind of lame, then I found someone I know on it.

Then it just got pathetic. They should know better.

Myspace is for:

Teenagers
People who still want to act like teenagers
Pedophiles who want to have sex with teenagers.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Myspace is for:

Teenagers

I'm a 20 year old college student, where do I fit in?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK, so I know most of my friends and acquaintances are members. I'm in that less than 7 years out of college kind of age bracket. Anyway, I've been the last hold out. It seems really silly the whole "internet friends" thing, and it also seems like a thinly disguised internet dating site. The other day I

I was listening to the radio and they were talking about some person's myspace site and instead of just throwing out a URL they said the name you had to search for and said it was like the third result. So I swallowed my pride and registered so I could check it out.

Myspace is for:

Teenagers

I'm a 20 year old college student, where do I fit in?

Well, I'm hoping you're in group #2!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top