Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 3:44:32 PM EDT
neo.jpl.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/neo_elem

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before but again this is Arfcom and the hivemind is strong.
While trying to dig up a pic for another thread ran across this. Found it rather fascinating and the orbital similation was pretty cool too. On one search they listed a possible 5081 proximal passes to earth(< .1 AU) of asteroids in the next 200 yrs. And that's just the ones they know about. Wow. 69230 Hermes has me shakin' in my boots and that one is like 34 yrs away. Guess better start stocking up on supplies again and practicing my head shots for the imminent Zombie hordes.

patitioning AR15.com fer a speelchekar!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, keep me updated Mr. Little.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Your spelling sucks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
They've known about these for years.  Most of these are actually small asteroids, although they would be like a really powerful nuclear bomb if they hit...Thankfully, there's a 70% chance of them landing in the ocean.  There's not point in worrying about things outside of our control.  It either hits or it doesn't.    
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yea, keep me updated Mr. Little.

You'll be the first one I call.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Your spelling sucks.

yeah- so what's your point?

ETA- oh gotcha! It's imminent not eminent. Had a public education what do ya expect?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They've known about these for years.  Most of these are actually small asteroids, although they would be like a really powerful nuclear bomb if they hit...Thankfully, there's a 70% chance of them landing in the ocean.  There's not point in worrying about things outside of our control.  It either hits or it doesn't.    

It would be better if they hit land. (maybe ) Becuase the tidal waves that it would create would probably wipe out 1/2 the population of earth. Then again the dust that got spewed up would create a nuclear winter type scenario. Either way it would be really bad.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
hopefully it will happen AFTER I get my bunker fully stocked.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah I kinda noticed they like to put the Yr they found/ labeled them in their ID number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top