Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 9:39:07 AM EDT
Like the Drozd....are thease legal I know they sell thmem but are they legal what about the full auto-mod......does anyone know??? I googled but couldnt figure it out from what I read....

because a a projectile is leaving the gun by means of a gas...CO2...help me with this...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I see them on the shelves already configured to fire full automatic so it must be legal or those stores are taking on a hefty liability.

It's not considered a firearm by most standards, but your local jurisdiction may have addressed it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My evil baby killer BB gun.

I asked a VA cop about shooting it.  He was not concerned at all that it was full auto.  He just said that it is considered a gun and so I have to shoot it at a range. A backyard or public field would get me charged the same as if I were shooting an AR15.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Not a firearm; legal even in Californistan.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album03/drozsdtan2.sized.jpg

I asked a VA cop about shooting it.  He was not concerned at all that it was full auto.  He just said that it is considered a gun and so I have to shoot it at a range. A backyard or public field would get me charged the same as if I were shooting an AR15.

Do you have a basement? If so, then get a few bails of straw and stack them agaisnt a wall, then get some boxes, pack them with old newspaper an' voila! Instant basement BB gun range.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Like California_Kid said, legally, it's not even a firearm. It can't be regulated as such. It'd be like.... having regulations on a full-auto Nerf gun or something.

Anyways, what kind of performance does this thing have? From what I understand, it's not actual full-auto but bursts - this true?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#7]
check this shit out

that's airsoft, and i have seen ones that fire metal BB's as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#8]
airsoft = teh sex
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Drozd here in the UK. It's only available as semi-auto 1 shot, Converting it here would turn it into a section 5 prohibited weapon.

They're great by the way, very powerful and fun little plinkers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album03/drozsdtan2.sized.jpg

Do you have a basement? If so, then get a few bails of straw and stack them agaisnt a wall, then get some boxes, pack them with old newspaper an' voila! Instant basement BB gun range.

I live in an apartment.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
airsoft = teh sex  SUX

fixed obvious spelling error
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I live in an apartment.

Damn it, mjohn, must I do everything for you?

It's rated for both pellets and BBs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I live in an apartment.

Damn it, mjohn, must I do everything for you?

us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/airgundepot_1892_41386479

It's rated for both pellets and BBs.

Believe me I hav ethought of that.  But the damn thing is as loud as a nail gun.  I would have the neighbors calling the cops on the noise.

I should be getting the approval work however for a SWR Warlock 22lr supressor soon...and my BB gun just happens to be threaded 1/2x28.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#14]
There is a local ordinance where I live that specifically mentions RIFLES.

I aint got no stinkin rifling in my BB pistol :)

I'm pretty sure they'd toss me in jail anyhow, eh what do you do? I just plink the fuzzy rats from inside.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Like California_Kid said, legally, it's not even a firearm. It can't be regulated as such. It'd be like.... having regulations on a full-auto Nerf gun or something.

Anyways, what kind of performance does this thing have? From what I understand, it's not actual full-auto but bursts - this true?

.177 steel BB's at 500 fps and faster. You can tune the solenoid and duty cycle for max velocity. They come standard with semi, 3rd, and 6rd burst at the flick of a switch with selectable ROF (peak of 600 rpm). But, it's VERY easy to modify it to shoot full auto at around 1200 rpm, while retaining semi and 3 round burst at lower ROF's. The barrels are rifled steel and the little buggers are actually fairly accurate. They are WAY more powerful than Airsoft. You don't want someone hosing you down with one of these!!  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I jsut wish the Drozd would work with pellets. I gto a permit to hunt gophers on base. but they only allow .177 and .22 cal pellet rifles. No BB's. I'd love to blast a gopher with a full auto string of pellets.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#17]
My Drozd works great! Legally it is just an airgun, no problem shooting in my yard. As others have mentioned, some towns and/or states have restrictions. The only problem with the Drozd, is it takes a while to load your magazine, then it's gone in a few seconds, then you start loading again. It makes it seem like you are spending an enjoyable afternoon loading magazines, instead of shooting. But they are great fun. Powerful too, do not even begin to think of the Drozd in the same light as Airsoft. The Drozd could easily hurt you badly, and not just being hit in the eye either.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#18]
In the US, airguns are not classified as firearms (firing projectiles by burning a propellant) and so there are no federal laws concerning them specifically, and ATF does not regulate them. Some lower government levels have enacted restrictions on them however.
. . . .
I haven't seen any GOOD full-auto pellet guns.
It's difficult to make any system that can accurately deliver pellets into a barrel without damaging them. About the best you can do is a revolver-type rifle.
The Theoben Rapid 12 is nice, if you can spare the change: $1538 at Airguns of Arizona....
www.airgunsofarizona.com/
~

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
airsoft = teh sex  SUX

fixed obvious spelling error

Unless it's one of these:

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#20]
well I got a drozd and mod board three magazines and I might mod one of the mags to fit a 9oz bottle....Legal in my city...but couldnt find nothin on the fed rules of this damn thing...thanks for all the replies...I should get it on friday and I already have a couple bottles of rit dye
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#21]
what about a silencer if this isnt concidered a firearm federraly then a silencr would be more of a muffler right???or am I stretching this
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#22]
come on dont make me wait for answer.....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I modded mine for full auto. Fuck the local laws (I don't think there are any) since I won't be running around the streets with it anyway.
The neighbors don't care and one of them wanted to play with it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
what about a silencer if this isnt concidered a firearm federraly then a silencr would be more of a muffler right???or am I stretching this

This has been argued much on the Drozd message board.
The general feelings on it are that if the "silencer" is permenently attached to the BB gun they it would be okay.  But if your "silencer" can in any way shape or form be used on an actual firearm.  You will be sent to a federal pound me in the ass prison.

So you are better off not pushing it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
airsoft = teh sex

They are good for practice on days that I cannot get to the range.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This has been argued much on the Drozd message board.
The general feelings on it are that if the "silencer" is permenently attached to the BB gun they it would be okay.  But if your "silencer" can in any way shape or form be used on an actual firearm.  You will be sent to a federal pound me in the ass prison.

So you are better off not pushing it.

Would a silencer really do much? I've got a TAC-16 and a TAC-65. And they sell threaded barrels for the Drozd.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Nothings Illegal if you dont get caught.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I've experienced city ordnances designating BB guns as firearms...especially if you are shooting a cat or dog with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top