Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2001 3:42:16 PM EDT
Today i went to a gun show in Roanoke VA. Dark Sun has new Kahr's for around $430ish.

i was thinking about trading my Walther stainless PPK in for it. has anyone here have any experience with Kahr arms? would it be a wise trade? they offered me around $250 for my walther.

the reason im thinking about the trade is because i dont have much confidence in the .380 round, but i do love the size of the Walther. it is a reliable pistol.

pocket pistol lib
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only heard good things about Kahr.  I researched them on the internet for several weeks before I finally decided to buy my wife a P9.  We haven't shot it yet, but are looking forward to with great anticipation!
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a stainless P40 it's great. It's kicks hard with lots of muzzle flip. Get a hoge rubber slip on grip thing. the plastic backstrap is hard on the hand. The checkering is too rough. other then the backstrap it's a great piece.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the P40 is a little small for a .40 caliber handgun- probably not very comfortable to shoot.  My P9 is a reliable tack-driver (out shoots my Glock 19 and 17 at 25 yards) that's comfortable for about 200 rounds, then starts to wear on the hand.  Great little gun.  Get the 9 and just put 115-grain Cor-bons in it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
the kahr 40 is an excellent gun.  I prefer the stainless.  The more weight the easier it is too handle plus I found the slide rough with the polymer frame compared to the stainless.

The 40 is a FAR superior round over a 380!! Email me if you want info on caliber and bullet comparisons in real life shootings
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Read this [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=29021[/url].

It's a little informative, but very entertaining.  It's a previous thread about Kahrs.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:50:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I would stick with the 9mm Kahr. The .40 S&W is great - but with a small, light handgun I believe the 9mm is a better choice.

My .02

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:06:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
purchased the P40 covert.  its only an emergency weapon, not for target practice so recoil is not a major consideration as long as it does not fly from my hand.

i'll try shooting it sometime this week. i love the trigger pull.

what the hell is a moonie? if he is a bad guy, then does that mean i should sell off my AK's too? [:)] he may be a bad person, but i dont do whatever it is that he does and neither does my kahr.

non-moonie lib
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Owned a K40. Sold it only because it didn't fit my hand. Accurate, reliable and had a great trigger. It just didn't fit me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top