Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 6:47:03 PM EDT

In what police are referring to as an "internal cleansing" of a biker gang, five people have been charged with first-degree murder in the slayings of eight men in southwestern Ontario.
The victims, whose bodies were found in a farmer's field near Shedden, and one of the suspects are all linked to the Bandidos outlaw biker gang, Ontario Provincial Police confirmed Monday.

www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/04/10/bodies-field060410.html

John Muscedere, among the dead found in a farmer's field in Ontario, is shown in this undated photo taken from a Bandidos motorcycle gang website. (Canadian Press)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What's a "1%er"?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What's a "1%er"?

Outlaw Motorcycle gang.  One of the bad ones.  Really bad ones.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What's a "1%er"?

A criminal.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

In what police are referring to as an "internal cleansing" of a biker gang, five people have been charged with first-degree murder in the slayings of eight men in southwestern Ontario.
The victims, whose bodies were found in a farmer's field near Shedden, and one of the suspects are all linked to the Bandidos outlaw biker gang, Ontario Provincial Police confirmed Monday.

www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/04/10/bodies-field060410.html

www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/muscederejohn_cp_9817225.jpg
John Muscedere, among the dead found in a farmer's field in Ontario, is shown in this undated photo taken from a Bandidos motorcycle gang website. (Canadian Press)

Sorry, can't muster any sympothy when dirt-bags 'off' other dirt bags (Saw on CNN, I think, that the rest of the same gang was arrested, looks like an 'inside' job)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What's a "1%er"?

A loser, basicaly. Only 1% of people will join bike gangs and be outlaws.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
We're gonna take you hosers out into a field and beat you to death, eh?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Biker gangs have their own websites?

What's next -  their own ad agencies?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a pretty happy-go-lucky chap.  I can't believe somebody kilt him.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Biker gangs have their own websites?

What's next -  their own ad agencies?

I found the website thing interesting. You would think 1%'s wouldn't have IS people.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
cleaning out the informents are they ? oh that would be 90% wouldnt it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What's a "1%er"?

It's suppose to mean they killed someone for the gang.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What's a "1%er"?

Real meaning is that they are part of the 1% who live the life of real motorcycle rider outlaws.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"It's just a social club"

Ha. Good one!

I've been following this because I used to live near there plus I have an old skydiver friend who's striking for the Hells Angels there. I was hoping he wasnt involved. He's a nice guy and I had no idea he was involved in all the years I knew him.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
"It's just a social club"

Ha. Good one!

I've been following this because I used to live near there plus I have an old skydiver friend who's striking for the Hells Angels there. I was hoping he wasnt involved. He's a nice guy and I had no idea he was involved in all the years I knew him.

Those fun loving, socialable fellows who moved their operations to Canada have been bringing various items made in the great white north to this area.

The Bandidos started in Texas years ago and now they're world wide. What are they bringing down from Canada? Dope? Probably bringing guns back.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Many years ago (IIRC the early 60's sometimes) The AMA released a statement denouncing the outlaw biker culture and stating that 99% of all motorcycle enthusiasts were law abiding productive citizens.

Thats where the 1% thing came from.

ETA A quick Google

1%er = If you read the papers or listen to the news, the media and law enforcement agents have redefined the term "1%er". The term was first used in the 60’s to describe some of the people that attended the motorcycle events back then. The AMA (American Motorcycle Association) stated that 99% of the people at their events were god fearing and family oriented. The other 1% were hard riding, hard partying, non mainstream type people. Thus the term 1%er was born. Some of the early bikers embraced the term and decided to call themselves 1%ers.  It did not mean that they were law breakers or low life individuals. They were simply men that rode their motorcycles seven days a week in all kinds of weather, liked to drink and raise a little hell. Sometime during the 80’s law enforcement changed the meaning of the 1%er to what they wanted it to represent. It didn’t matter that their meaning was incorrect, they just spoon fed it to the general public and the courts as they had so many other things.

Interesting.  I never knew that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top