Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 6:32:52 PM EDT
It strikes me as Odd no one has mentioned the fact that Bush didnt hide the fact he wanted a guest worker program in 2000. Also I here hear Grumbling about CLinton in the Balkans. How many people here Knew Bush supported that BS also?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Encyclopdia Americana

Bush's job-training and foreign markets programs were less ambitious in scope. In a related matter Bush proposed establishing a foreign "guest worker" program that would provide legal status for up to 10 million Mexicans seeking work in the United States. Mexico's leaders welcomed the initiative, whereas many unemployed Americans seemed less sure about its merits.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
There already is a guest worker program! People just would prefer to hire illegals rather than documented Mexican workers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It strikes me as Odd no one has mentioned the fact that Bush didnt hide the fact he wanted a guest worker program in 2000. Also I here hear Grumbling about CLinton in the Balkans. How many people here Knew Bush supported that BS also?

I did.  None of my "conservative" friends seemed to care when I told them.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Videos George Bush courting Illegals and the hispanic community

Want Videos? Latino Bush Ads from 2000

These were all aired in october of 2000
ETA
More
Im losing count Ive found like 20 videos in spanish and english
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
How could a person not know?  He paraded it around like a newborn.  As usual though, his followers were too short sighted to catch the implications until it became an issue.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#6]
BTT day crew
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"Amnesty"?

Please provide a quote from Bush, or a piece of legislation that he supports where there is automatic "amnesty".

"Guest Worker" programs require the guest to leave. It also forces them to turn themselves in for registration.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#8]
It didn't matter.  Everyone who doesn't like it either:

A) held their nose and voted for him anyway because he was less bad than Gore
B) didn't think he'd manage to get Congress to act on it
C) thought it was an empty promise to get elected
D) didn't know about it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:43:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ETA
More

Yes, and not ONE of those say anything about "amnesty" or a guest worker program.
He was courting votes from citizens. Citizens who happen to be Latino. Every politician airs Spanish ads. ALL of them.

You are engaging in GROSS misdirection.
Perhaps even dishonesty.
I have to wonder why.

Why would you sacrifice your integrity?
Why are you claiming something, then providing evidence that you assert supports that claim, when in fact it does not?
What is your agenda that would cause you to lie?

I don't like the label, but "racist" comes to mind.
You parade ads in Spanish and say "ergo" he's courting illegals.
That's not sound reasoning.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:46:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Click here for 18 full quotes on Immigration OR 2 older headlines OR other political leaders on Immigration.
Our economy could not function without the immigrants. (Jan 2006)
Support a humane guest-worker program that rejects amnesty. (Jan 2006)
It's time to permit temporary guest workers. (Feb 2005)
Temporary workers ok, but no amnesty. (Oct 2004)
A time-limited worker card for the illegal immigrants. (Oct 2004) <---amnesty
Don't believe we ought to have amnesty. (Oct 2004)
Support temporary worker program but oppose amnesty. (Jan 2004)
New temporary worker program includes illegal aliens. (Jan 2004) <----amnestyMexico: immigration reform in exchange for oil development. (Jun 2003)
Respect other languages, but teach all children English. (Nov 2000)
$500M to cut INS application time to 6 months. (Jul 2000)
Welcome Latinos; immigration is not a problem to be solved. (Jun 2000) ?
Make INS more “immigrant friendly”. (Jun 2000)
High tech: More H-1B worker visas; less export controls. (Apr 2000)
Farm policy: Open markets abroad; more H-2A worker visas. (Apr 2000)
Latinos enrich us; family values go past Rio Grande. (Feb 2000)
More border guards to compassionately turn away Mexicans. (Dec 1999)
Guest workers, maybe; citizenship waiting period, yes. (Aug 1999)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:48:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

There are plenty of folks who are not opposed to a carrot/stick immigration policy (eg 'Guest Worker' program to increase LEGAL immigration, combined with a crackdown on illegal immigration)...

This is basically what was being proposed originally...

The Dems are using the protests to push for full amnesty, another issue...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

"Respect other languages, but teach all children English. (Nov 2000)"

My God! You're right!
That must mean he supports Amnesty for all illegal aliens.
Your reasoning is brilliant!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#13]
He doesnt say amnesty. He says a temporary worker program for non citrizens already in the country. Sounds Like a free pass or translated amnesty

Whitehouse press release Link From the white house
"This program," the president said in announcing the plan, "will offer legal status, as temporary workers, to the millions of undocumented men and women now employed in the United States and to those in foreign countries who seek to participate in the program and have been offered employment here."

Undocumented workers now here will be required to pay a one-time fee to register for the temporary worker program. Those who seek to join the program from abroad, and have complied with our immigration laws, will not have to pay any fee. All participants will be issued a temporary worker card that will allow them to travel back and forth between their home and the United States without fear of being denied re-entry into our country. (Applause.)

ETA to add that ^^^^ l
looks like an amnesty
walks like an amnety
Smells like an amnesty too
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
He doesnt say amnesty. He says a temporary worker program for non citrizens already in the country. Sounds Like a free pass or translated amnesty

Whitehouse press release Link From the white house
"This program," the president said in announcing the plan, "will offer legal status, as temporary workers, to the millions of undocumented men and women now employed in the United States and to those in foreign countries who seek to participate in the program and have been offered employment here."

Undocumented workers now here will be required to pay a one-time fee to register for the temporary worker program. Those who seek to join the program from abroad, and have complied with our immigration laws, will not have to pay any fee. All participants will be issued a temporary worker card that will allow them to travel back and forth between their home and the United States without fear of being denied re-entry into our country. (Applause.)

ETA to add that ^^^^ l
looks like an amnesty
walks like an amnety
Smells like an amnesty too

Yet if you include the entire text, he clearly states that it would not allow permanent residency, amnesty, or even a guaranteed path to citizenship.
If you read it, it's right there.

"I oppose amnesty, placing undocumented workers on the automatic path to citizenship. Granting amnesty encourages the violation of our laws, and perpetuates illegal immigration. America is a welcoming country, but citizenship must not be the automatic reward for violating the laws of America." (Applause.)

Yet you don't post THAT part.

You're dishonest.
Shame on you.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Same Link Same Press release
Guess you have your SELECTIVE READING GLASSES ON!

Some temporary workers will make the decision to pursue American citizenship. Those who make this choice will be allowed to apply in the normal way. They will not be given unfair advantage over people who have followed legal procedures from the start. I oppose amnesty, placing undocumented workers on the automatic path to citizenship. Granting amnesty encourages the violation of our laws, and perpetuates illegal immigration. America is a welcoming country, but citizenship must not be the automatic reward for violating the laws of America. (Applause.)

Usually in Immigration (my wife immigrated here I know what Im talking about) You need to apply from YOUR OWN HOME COUNTRY. You are not allowed to come here and apply from here
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Me?
Christ! Even your own quotes refute you. You highlight the blue, yet ignore the red...

"Some temporary workers will make the decision to pursue American citizenship. Those who make this choice will be allowed to apply in the normal way. They will not be given unfair advantage over people who have followed legal procedures from the start. ...I oppose amnesty, placing undocumented workers on the automatic path to citizenship. Granting amnesty encourages the violation of our laws, and perpetuates illegal immigration. America is a welcoming country, but citizenship must not be the automatic reward for violating the laws of America." (Applause.)

Usually in Immigration (my wife immigrated here I know what Im talking about) You need to apply from YOUR OWN HOME COUNTRY. You are not allowed to come here and apply from here

Shame on you for being so dishonest.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#17]
You keep calling me a liar. I didnt know why until I found these on Ebay

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:12:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You keep calling me a liar. I didnt know why until I found these on Ebay

img53.imageshack.us/img53/754/aaapadscopy5eh.jpg</a>

That's unfortunate. Your immature little photoshop job does not restore your damaged integrity.
Nor does it insult me. You are a man without honor.
How could YOU insult me?  You're like a homeless man grumbling from the gutter. I look down as I pass, I am torn between feelings of disgust and pity.

I call you a liar, because you say things that are not true.
I'm sorry that you have become so bitter and filled with hatred for Bush, that you have decided to sacrifice your integrity.
And your honor.
It is so sad.

I feel sorry for you.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me?
Christ! Even your own quotes refute you. You highlight the blue, yet ignore the red...

"Some temporary workers will make the decision to pursue American citizenship. Those who make this choice will be allowed to apply in the normal way. They will not be given unfair advantage over people who have followed legal procedures from the start. ...I oppose amnesty, placing undocumented workers on the automatic path to citizenship. Granting amnesty encourages the violation of our laws, and perpetuates illegal immigration. America is a welcoming country, but citizenship must not be the automatic reward for violating the laws of America." (Applause.)

No we wont call it an amnesty. We will just forget about the law that says being here illegally bans you for applying for citizenship for 10 years. And if your here illegally now. We will give you a temporary green card. And If your employed you can apply for citizenship regardless of your previous status. Oh excuse me. You r right its not amnesty. Its amnesty with rewards
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:20:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
No we wont call it an amnesty. We will just forget about the law that says being here illegally bans you for applying for citizenship for 10 years. And if your here illegally now. We will give you a temporary green card. And If your employed you can apply for citizenship regardless of your previous status. Oh excuse me. You r right its not amnesty. Its amnesty

So sad.

You should talk to someone about this.
Once your integrity is gone, it's gone forever.

I'm sure you think that your hatred and bile justifies tossing your honor into the trash, but I think you'll regret it later in life.
I'm afraid you're going to have a tough time regaining your honor.
Look at how weak you've been thus far.
It's all downhill from here. Drug addiction, homelessness, worse.
I wouldn't surprised in a few years, if you find yourself peddling your ass for crack cocaine.
It's the road you've chosen.

I pity you.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:24:12 AM EDT
[#21]

So sad.

I'm sure you think that your hatred and bile justifies tossing your honor into the trash, but I think you'll regret it later in life.
It's all downhill from here.

I pity you.

Did you waste all your money on a correspondnce course in psychology?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me?

No we wont call it an amnesty. We will just forget about the law that says being here illegally bans you for applying for citizenship for 10 years. And if your here illegally now. We will give you a temporary green card. And If your employed you can apply for citizenship regardless of your previous status. Oh excuse me. You r right its not amnesty. Its amnesty with rewards

Apparently you do not understand English.  Try harder.  We are waiting.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#23]
...and he certainly doesn't understand Spanish, either.
None of the Spanish videos he presented say what he claims.
Pathetic.

Quoted:

So sad.

It's all downhill from here.

I pity you.

Did you waste all your money on a correspondnce course in psychology?

So sad.
You don't even realize that tossing your honor away is a bad thing.
You even lie to yourself.

It will catch up to you someday.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Get a Belt. Your pants are slipping and your arrogance (face) is showing
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

What low self esteem you must have, to consider honesty and the placing of value on one's honor to be "arrogance".
No wonder you find it so effortless to toss yours into the trash.

Try this...
Set a goal for yourself.
See if you can go for an entire day without lying.
Try to avoid the news, newspapers, etc., because it's clear that Bush is a "trigger" for these episodes of yours.
One day at a time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Ha! Ha!  He's implying that Cincinnatus has an assface!

Zing!

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I must have missed that! That IS funny.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#28]
A rose by any other name is still a rose.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Canada, huh?

How's it going up there?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA
More

Yes, and not ONE of those say anything about "amnesty" or a guest worker program.
He was courting votes from citizens. Citizens who happen to be Latino. Every politician airs Spanish ads. ALL of them.

Perhaps even dishonesty.
I have to wonder why.

Why are you claiming something, then providing evidence that you assert supports that claim, when in fact it does not?

What part of the post claims Bush is talking about amnesty
The title to that post says it all

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

That's not sound reasoning

Please dont tell my wife She got her citizenship last year
And shes asian

I have found your attempts at amateur psychology amusing. Since its obvious you have studied a couple of chapters of Dr. Phil. You should KNow that trying to project your failures as a Human onto me may give you some sense of redemption. But at the end of the day its just you alone with your loser self. Please dont do anything self destructive. Not that I would care
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:48:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not sound reasoning

Please dont tell my wife...

She knows.

She got her citizenship last year
And shes asian

"Well Jimmy, I guess you ARE prejudice..."

I have found your attempts at amateur psychology amusing. Since its obvious you have studied a couple of chapters of Dr. Phil. You should KNow that trying to project your failures as a Human onto me may give you some sense of redemption. But at the end of the day its just you alone with your loser self. Please dont do anything self destructive. Not that I would care

So sad.  You get caught telling lies again and again, and this is how you react? Lashing out at those around you, accusing others of YOUR faults, your weaknesses.
The first step is taking responsibility for your own words and deeds.
You need to IM everyone who participated in this thread, and apologize to them.  That will take a tremendous burden from you narrow, spindly shoulders.

Again, try to take this one day at a time.
Make a pledge to yourself not to tell any lies.
If you make it through this one day, try then to do it tommorrow.
You can do it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA
More

Perhaps even dishonesty.
I have to wonder why.

What part of the post claims Bush is talking about amnesty
The title to that post says it all
Videos George Bush courting Illegals....
Ahhh.
So to you then, Spanish speakers are automatically "illegals"?
That's what you imply. Spanish ads = "courting illegals".

...and the hispanic community

Backtracking from your claims (title of the thread) "that Bush wanted a guest worker program and amnesty"?
That's not quite the same thing as telling the truth.
That's revisionism.
My God, you don't know the difference between the truth and a lie....

So sad.
You should talk to somebody about this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#34]
You seriously need to get over yourself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top