Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2001 2:59:51 PM EDT
damn it! I,m from El Paso Tx originaly and I wanted to tell you that margaritas were not invented by a man in dallas and an ICEE machine.
It was from a bartender in Jaurez that served a concation of a drink to a "HIGH SOCEITY WOMAN" that came into the bar. when she asked what it was. he saw a maraggarita boquet behind her (daisy = margarittas)and said maragrita he died in 1999 feb 10 I belive. they made a memorial for him or so my brother in law says.

P.S. this is not a Flame ETH I just wanted to make sure credit was given to where it was due to the man that invented one of my favorite drinks (and damnit I cant remember his Name)...SUE ME! LOL

Link Posted: 8/18/2001 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I say margaritas were invented in 1973 in Dallas, I haven't looked, but I thought I said 'frozen margaritas.' It was at a place in Old Town on Greenville Ave., known as M....something

IIRC, the story of regular margaritas is as you've indicated.

So sorry, I meant to say 'frozen.'

Whew! I thought for a minute you were going to chastise me for drinking maragritas at the same time I'm preaching about You-Know-Who!

My secret's safe for now!

Eric The(MaybeNot?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to admit I too was wondering about the meaning of this topic.

So here's to the both of you [beer]

I can be such a [;D]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top