Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 11:48:29 AM EDT
Ok, we're having a discussion on another board about new tires for a guy's truck because he's putting a body-lift on.  Some asshat chimes in with these little gems "Chet, you don't have to regear. I know guys running 40"s on their Rams and they get awesome gas mileage and still have down low grunt."  "35"s will fit perfect, won't rub, and will give better gas mileage."

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The snausberries taste like snausberries.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#2]
yea dude, i totally understand
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]

"Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP"

I could use a load of that power in chat.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok, we're having a discussion on another board about new tires for a guy's truck because he's putting a body-lift on.  Some asshat chimes in with these little gems "Chet, you don't have to regear. I know guys running 40"s on their Rams and they get awesome gas mileage and still have down low grunt."  "35"s will fit perfect, won't rub, and will give better gas mileage."

WOW no shit!! Im throwing a set of 44's on my Landrover discovery then!! Sweet!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#5]
"awesome gas mileage"
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Anytime, a tire size is increased by a +2 factor, the front and rear diff. needs to be regeared.

The ring and pinion needs to be changed to match the bigger wheels and tires.

Anything over a +2 over the stock tire will cause a lag and if you drive it over 65MPH, you'll eventually fry your tranmission. Not to mention, the loss of power and you can no longer tow, it's basically a useless truck.

I lifted a buddies F350 v10 running 44's and his rig could barely go up my property much less tow his trailer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top