Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 7:58:52 AM EDT
Now that we have, what, 48 states? which allow citizens to carry concealed handguns, do any other countries allow this too? or are we the only ones?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh, you can carry concealed anywhere, it's just not necessarily legal.

IIRC Israel allows CC if you live in one of the at-risk zones, although, since the settlements have been abandoned now, I doubt that there are many people left who are permitted to do so.

Technically, there is CC in Colombia, provided you have the money to get a "license". Brazil, prior to the recent crackdown, was similar to that. Other than that, the world is disarmed. Oh wait. Pretty much anywhere in Africa you can get away with it, as long as you have greater firepower than the local militia or warlord. So, just take your two armored trucks with the mounted dual .50's (Puts the fear of John Moses Browning into any man, woman, or child) and a few LAW's maybe, a band of cut-throat mercenaries goes without saying, and you should be able to get away with carrying a handgun hidden on you person. Of course, I don't think open carry would be frowned upon much either at that point.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the number is more like 35.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Estonia allows concealed carry, open carry (of a handgun) is illegal.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

IIRC Israel allows CC if you live in one of the at-risk zones, although, since the settlements have been abandoned now, I doubt that there are many people left who are permitted to do so.

Actually, I believe that Isreali law assumes that if you own a handgun then you are going to carry it. This is why the restrict handgun ownership so tightly.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think the number is more like 35.

For shall issue you're right (or close). If you include "may issue" it's 48. Although in some places of course "may issue" = "no issue". I use the number 48 when I'm making statements like "Concealed carry is normal enough that 48 states allow it!" I use the 35 when saying things like "You're only guarenteed a permit in 35 states. We must improve that!".
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I believe that Isreali law assumes that if you own a handgun then you are going to carry it. This is why the restrict handgun ownership so tightly.

Ooooh! Thanks for the clarification.

Actually, CC isn't impossible in Hungary, it's just very very hard (Easier than the UK, though!). But who wants to go to Hungary?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah. I hear over there if your pistol gets stolen you get arrested as well for being stupid. They feel that if you own a handgun it should be for protection, and if it got stolen you either a)weren't using it for its god intended purpose b)are incompetant or c)both.

I also hear its why gun ownership is rather low over there. For them a gun collection would be like owning 15 hammers and 30 flathead screwdrivers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#9]
You can CC in El Salvador.
Pretty easy if you have some money and very easy if you know right people.
I'm pretty sure you can arrange for CC license/permit in Guatamala and Nicaragua too.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Actually, CC isn't impossible in Hungary, it's just very very hard (Easier than the UK, though!). But who wants to go to Hungary?

i'd rather live in Hungary than UK

i'm sure there are more former eastern-european countries that allow some form of concealed carry
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You can CC in El Salvador.
Pretty easy if you have some money and very easy if you know right people.
I'm pretty sure you can arrange for CC license/permit in Guatamala and Nicaragua too.  

Yeah a figure a lot of the less regulated and bit more wild westish places in the world are CC-able. It's all about who you know and how much money you are willing to spend.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#13]
there's a difference between what you CAN do, and what you're permitted to do.  you can CC in all 50 states here, and any other country in the world.  the question is what will the authorities do if they find you
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'd rather live in Hungary than UK

You sure? The communists are set to win another term at the elections, thanks to their friend Soros (the biggest commie of them all). It was a decent place to live between 1998-2002, but when the communists took over, within two years the old chaos and corruption had returned with a vengance. That country is doomed until the last of the old guard communists is in the grave. They should've rounded up all the communists in '89 and deported them. Alas...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
...the old chaos and corruption had returned with a vengance. That country is doomed...

sounds like UK to me
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Cote d'Ivoire allows it, but you have to have the big bucks (bribes) or be politically connected to get a permit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Last I heard the Czech republic had it was was big on gunownership as well. I don't have a source and I don't fell like googling the info.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Now that we have, what, 48 states? which allow citizens to carry concealed handguns, do any other countries allow this too? or are we the only ones?

40 shall issue states. 8 states that are may issue and it is diffucult to impossible to get a carry permit, so much so infact these states should not even be included.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top