Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 1:39:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:45:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a website in spanish... Whats the big deal?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, yeah, I understand.

But a vote is a vote.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:49:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.nraespanol.org/

What us hispanic people can't be NRA members or have gunrights?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:50:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't say I feel upset.

I hope the NRA expands this to other languages. To me its all about lowering the cost of getting another person in the US to read the NRA message. I hope its effective and continues to spread to other languages.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:54:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Big tent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:58:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I hope the NRA expands this to other languages. To me its all about lowering the cost of getting another person in the US to read the NRA message. I hope its effective and continues to spread to other languages.

I'm not upset, I just wish we didn't make it so easy for people not to learn english.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:03:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not upset, I just wish we didn't make it so easy for people not to learn english.

+ uno
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I have no issues at all with other cultures getting things in there native languages, speaking or whatever, just if you talk to me, speak englich  (sucks, we REALLY need a national language)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.nraespanol.org/

What us hispanic people can't be NRA members or have gunrights?

It's not that.  It's just that everyone that speaks Spanish more fluently than English is an illegal immigrant.  At least so sayeth Arfcom.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, after being flooded with reports of illegal invaders (the VAST majority from Mexico) DEMANDING their RIGHTS for the past week or so, seeing this on what I consider to be a uniquely AMERICAN organization's site just pushed all my buttons... HARD

My email:

Been awhile since I've visited the website (usually get all my info by e-mail alert).

Can anyone please give an explanation as to why it's deemed necessary to have an entire section IN SPANISH?

Why does an AMERICAN organization that is composed almost exclusively of AMERICAN CITIZENS determine that it's valuable to have a dedicated section in the Spanish language?

Anyone in this nation that can legally own a firearm should have enough mastery of the English language to not require a special section.  If they don't then why not have a section in French or German or Russian?

If the idea is to spread the ideas of freedom , self-determination and self-defense that is part and parcel of what the NRA is about, then why only Spanish?  Many other non-English speaking nations around the world could stand hearing the truth.

As a Life Member and an ardent supporter of the work of the NRA I get *REALLY* bad vibes seeing this on our website.

Looking forward to hearing your explanation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#11]
That's scarry. That's just what we need, armed illegals and an orgination protecting them.

I'm sure they are doing it so they can get money from the spanish speaking population but what are they giving them in return? I know it's not protecting to import of refried beans or corn chips.

I know the NRA listens to the money. Next time they call me for some I'm telling them to ask Mexico.

This Spanish pandering stuff is really ticking me off. Heck my job which is a global company, is looking to hire spanish speaking reps. We deal with more arabic, chinese, and turkish speaking customers than Spanish. Yet we are not in the market for employees with those skills. It's crazy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:49:47 AM EDT
[#12]
No problemo...

Their are people that are legally here who happen to VOTE and speak mainly spanish...

It would not hurt to swing them over to our side...

As for the ILLEGALS...throw them the fuck out...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top