Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2006 10:49:13 PM EDT
WTF? My fiancee was sitting in here online about 20 minutes ago when someone starts ringing the doorbell and knocking on the door. I woke up in the back of the house about 20 seconds later, grabbed the Glock and headed for the front.

People knocking on the door at any time of the day is rare, and nobody has ever come to my door after dark. When I asked "Who the fuck is it?" I got a black woman on the other side saying she was looking for someone I had never heard of. I told her she had the wrong place and to get lost. Then she starts asking who I was. I started getting nervous and was just getting ready to grab something with a bit more firepower when she left.

Now I am wide awake at 2:50 in the morning, and I still can't figure out what that was all about. Anybody got any guesses?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
She was casing the place.  You were right to have been ready to draw down and do a 30 round mag dump over her head.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Call the cops and tell them there are suspicious people out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
She was casing the place.

Yep,

that or she was wacked out on drugs and coldnt find the right place.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, that's fucking scary. Have your AR ready.

Good luck and keep us posted...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
In my neighborhood after dark it is rare for someone to knock on my door,  when they do I already have prior knowledge.

If someone knocks without prior knowledge, its gun time (in a concealed location of course.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Did you peek out a peephole or window? Can you give a description of her or a vehicle in your yard? Was she in a vehicle or on foot?  

If you don't know these things, you should. Either way, call the cops to do a ride-through and look for morons going door-to-door. Worst case, they run them off. Best case, they have warrants and go to jail.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoot the crack head, and post story and pics before the rollers show up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Crack head of truth...???
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to bed. nothing to see here
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you peek out a peephole or window? Can you give a description of her or a vehicle in your yard? Was she in a vehicle or on foot?  

If you don't know these things, you should. Either way, call the cops to do a ride-through and look for morons going door-to-door. Worst case, they run them off. Best case, they have warrants and go to jail.

If she was in a vehicle, it was parked far enough away that we didn't hear it. I don't have a peephole, or a light on my porch that would have illuminated anyone out there anyway. My yard is pitch black, with the living room lit up so that I would have only gotten a glare on the window.

Whatever the case, I am severely pissed off. There is no way I'm getting to get back to sleep tonight.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't I just can't
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I can't I just can't

?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can't I just can't

?

can't go to bed as suggested
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Like was posted , if no one answered she might have been with a couple of people
they kick in the door and rob you. Happens all the time like that, but usually during the day.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I had something like this happen to me once....

It was about a year ago; I was staying with a friend who lives WAY out in the boondocks.  Must have written directions and google earth maps, you know.   Well anyway, it is about 3 in the morning, we (two early twenties females) are up and just talking when somebody come to the side door and starts bang on the door.  It just so happens that i had brought my Rem 870 inside her house that night.  The pounding stopped for awhile, then it started again at the back door.   At this point my friend is going CRAZY.   the back side of her house is all windows.  I started barking out orders my loving S/O would never believe i have in me; turn all inside lights Off and all outside lights On, pretty much saying "somebody is home; you cant see us but we are watching your ass!!!" call cops and neighbors.  
At this point you go from jumpy to VERY cautious.  I am not about to walk out into the middle of the night!  Im a good shot but too many things could go wrong by leaving a secure domain for one perp...

Anyway when the cops showed up 32 minutes after the call was placed, they walk the property and find a set of tracks leading to the southwest end of their property.  they found a man drunk on  his ass with a warrant for sexual assault and attempted murder.  

One hell of a learning experience!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, could be she just got the wrong house.  Nah...more likely either an ATF scout ninja or Osama Bin Laden in drag, huh?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Then she starts asking who I was.

criminals looking for a score; if she was really lost, she would not have asked who YOU were
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well, could be she just got the wrong house.  Nah...more likely either an ATF scout ninja or Osama Bin Laden in drag, huh?

Actually, that was my guess.

In fact, other than being pissed off about getting pulled out of a nice sound sleep at 2 a.m. and confused about what the whole thing was about, I don't think I had any alarmist shit in my post.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, that was my guess.

In fact, other than being pissed off about getting pulled out of a nice sound sleep at 2 a.m. and confused about what the whole thing was about, I don't think I had any alarmist shit in my post.  

Oh, didn't mean to imply you were being alarmist.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't have a peephole, or a light on my porch that would have illuminated anyone out there anyway. My yard is pitch black, with the living room lit up so that I would have only gotten a glare on the window.

Whatever the case, I am severely pissed off. There is no way I'm getting to get back to sleep tonight.

Time to get proactive on burgler-proofing your house.  Seriously, head over to the Orchard Supply or whatever you have there and get a $4.99 peep hole and a $12.99 outdoor light.

Actually, I have been planning on replacing my door completely.

I have working light fixtures on my porch, just no bulbs. My fiancee had a bad habit of leaving them on all night and not turning them off during the day. I got tired of coming home from work or school and seeing the bulbs lit up so I took them out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#22]
make sure your guns are in the safe and locked up when you have to leave the house.  Long as the BG's dont get my guns!!!!

I'd say be alert for the next quarter or so, mighta been cased!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#23]
night b4 last, i heard my side gate open and close...   jumped out of bed with my ar and a flash light... they heard my sliding door open and they bolted...  

we got some new neighbors... really ghetto and i think they are slinging... i have a feeling it was them...

they hadnt been there for more than a month and already the cops have been out more than 4 times...

startled me... right out of bed and it took me 4 hrs to get to sleep again:/  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#24]
A couple of months ago I was kicked back watching TV when there was a pounding at my door about midnight.  Like the original poster in the thread (but without the Glock) I went to the front door and yelled "Who the fuck is it?"

"Police!"

I look through the peephole, and sure enough - Mesa PD.

I open the door.

"Sorry, offficer. Can I help you"

He says "Do you know your garage door is open?  I don't want your stuff to walk away."

I said "Oh, thanks.  Have a good night"

"You, to."  He said.

And he left.

Weird.

Other than that incident, I have never seen a police car on my street.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patent infringement..don't even go there. Unless of course you can get Old Painless to your house.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have a peephole, or a light on my porch that would have illuminated anyone out there anyway. My yard is pitch black, with the living room lit up so that I would have only gotten a glare on the window.

Time to get proactive on burgler-proofing your house.  Seriously, head over to the Orchard Supply or whatever you have there and get a $4.99 peep hole and a $12.99 outdoor light.

I have working light fixtures on my porch, just no bulbs. My fiancee had a bad habit of leaving them on all night and not turning them off during the day. I got tired of coming home from work or school and seeing the bulbs lit up so I took them out.

I replaced all our lights with the screw in florescent bulbs and replaced the switches with timers to make sure the lights went on at night and off in the daytime. Timers are $20 and the bulbs are supposed to last 7 years. Its been 2 and we are generally pleased with the results. If they do burn out, we save them and return them to Home Depot for an even exchange!

Good luck. Good thing you were prepared and kept your wits about you. You can sleep at work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I had a lady push her way into my apartment one night looking for drugs, i did not own any guns at the time. I just told her she was in the wrong place and she better leave,she kept asking if i was going to pull a gun on her, i called the police and they knew exactly who she was. I learned a valuble lesson that night,never assume you know who is knocking on your door, i thought it was my GF who was doing laundry, i was wrong.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I replaced all our lights with the screw in florescent bulbs and replaced the switches with timers to make sure the lights went on at night and off in the daytime. Timers are $20 and the bulbs are supposed to last 7 years. Its been 2 and we are generally pleased with the results. If they do burn out, we save them and return them to Home Depot for an even exchange!

Good luck. Good thing you were prepared and kept your wits about you. You can sleep at work tomorrow.

I wish that were true. Unfortunatly, I'm a National Guard recruiter, so sleep at work ain't going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
She was casing the place.  You were right to have been ready to draw down and do a 30 round mag into her head.

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:54:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish that were true. Unfortunatly, I'm a National Guard recruiter, so sleep at work ain't going to happen.

Just go to sleep at the lunchroom recruiting table . . . the kids won't mind.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:00:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Just go to sleep at the lunchroom recruiting table . . . the kids won't mind.

Most of the kids I have been talking to lately are too stupid to tell the difference.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:07:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Should have given her a WA HTF welcome and bump fired a 30 round mag over her head.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I've had people ring my door late at night before. I check the peep hole and see who is there. I never speak from the door. I check the peep hole and then move a couple of yards back behind a barrier and then ask who the hell it is even if I do recognize the person. Glock in hand at all times

Scary situation always.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:13:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Take tomorrow off.  

Don't go to work, take a sick day, what ever.  The last thing you need is to be all stressed out and half asleep and generally worthless at work.  

Stay home, clean guns, Walk the property and check for other activity, spend the afternoon getting some lights, locks, peephole, etc.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:14:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:30:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like someone at the wrong house.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:33:41 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
A couple of months ago I was kicked back watching TV when there was a pounding at my door about midnight.  Like the original poster in the thread (but without the Glock) I went to the front door and yelled "Who the fuck is it?"

"Police!"

I look through the peephole, and sure enough - Mesa PD.

I open the door.

"Sorry, offficer. Can I help you"

He says "Do you know your garage door is open?  I don't want your stuff to walk away."

I said "Oh, thanks.  Have a good night"

"You, to."  He said.

And he left.

Weird.

Other than that incident, I have never seen a police car on my street.

Better watch out!   The cops are casing your house!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:34:04 AM EDT
[#39]
She was definatly at the wrong house. I just can't figure out why.

My guesses so far are:

Simple mistake.

Casing the house to see what kind of response there was.

About to break into one of the three cars out front and wanted to know if anyone was awake or if we just left the light on.

Some kind of scam.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Then she starts asking who I was.

criminals looking for a score; if she was really lost, she would not have asked who YOU were

+1

The correct answer to her question would be "I'm the person who lives here, who the fuck are you?"

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#41]
She's looking for crack..  Really...

Down in Norfolk I was staying at a hotel just outside the base.  3am some skinny half dressed black dude starts banging on my door asking to see someone.  I told him wrong room.  He asked if I had any "rock".  I called the desk but he knocked on a couple other doors before they kicked him off the property.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:42:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:06:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I had a lady push her way into my apartment one night looking for drugs, i did not own any guns at the time. I just told her she was in the wrong place and she better leave,she kept asking if i was going to pull a gun on her, i called the police and they knew exactly who she was. I learned a valuble lesson that night,never assume you know who is knocking on your door, i thought it was my GF who was doing laundry, i was wrong.

Similar thing happened to me.  I could see the top of a woman's head through the peephole.  I had pistol in hand and cautiously cracked the door.  She hit the door like a linebacker, knocking me back.  Now, I'm a big guy, but she knocked me on my back.

As I was going down, and she coming through, I grabbed her by the front of her shirt and poked her in the eye with my pistol.  I came VERY close to blowing her brains all over the ceiling.  If there had been anybody behind her I would have.

She said she was looking for a friend, but I found out later she was a drug user, prescription stuff.  She was looking for somebody I later learned was one street over same end of the block.  The person she was looking for worked in a nursing home, a common source of drugs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:16:12 AM EDT
[#44]
NOW you know what it is like to be a truck driver.....
some asshole waking yuou up all kinds of fucked up hours, wanting to know if :

1.) You want some  "company"
2.) OH, I am sorry I thought this was someone else' truck
3.) I need money
4.) Have you seen ......

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:23:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Ask her inside, cuff her, then "bring out the Gimp".  No one that matters will ever miss her.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
She was casing the place.  You were right to have been ready to draw down and do a 30 round mag dump over her head.

Yep, I had some fine folks do that to me right before a big hurricane was supposed to hit.  They were looking to see if you evacuated.  When u answer the door, they pretend to be selling some bogus crap.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Get one of these and put it on the driveway. Way better to hear a beep way before the knock on the door.

www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_534844_534844
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm sorry, man, I just needed a cup of sugar.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#49]
My brother suffered a home invasion and the neighbors saw something strange the night before but they pretty much watched a couple strangers walk around and ask a bunch of strange questions an dthen they left only to come back in the middle of the night....

You can read the story here:

www.home-invasion.com/showthread.php?t=2

I would call the police anytime something like that happens and give them a full and complete report.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Tag for reading information on how to deal with this type of stuff.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top