Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 9:10:16 PM EDT
We had a small local show this weekend and I went to sell a few things to fund some other projects.

Temptation got the best of me and I spent some og the money that I made

Both are SA recievers:

6 digit serial

This one was a hodgepodge of parts, SA, HR, and WRA. The bore was immaculate on this one and the other had a pretty good one too.

Garands are a bit pricey and hard to come by down here, so I may have overspent by some peoples standards but I am very happy
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW just WOW!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
very nice!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Could you get some bigger pictures?  I can't see shit!

j/k... but seriously, crop and resize them bitches.

Nice score!  Everyone should have a couple M1s!  Glad to see they found a good home!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have any info on the 6 digit one as far as a date of manufacture?

And, what should I have paid for them?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#6]
www.jouster.com/serial/Springfield.html

No idea how much you should have paid.  I picked up a nice 1944/49rebarrel Springfield for $500 last year.

ETA-  Nice rifles.  No matter what you paid, nice finds.  If you are OK with what you paid, that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Are they mixmasters?

There was a member here not too long ago that also got a smoking deal on a couple of Garands.
One of them ended up being a civilian reweld job.

If you paid more then what the CMP is asking for a comparable Garand then you overpaid.
If you got what you wanted then you got a good deal.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Are they mixmasters?

There was a member here not too long ago that also got a smoking deal on a couple of Garands.
One of them ended up being a civilian reweld job.

If you paid more then what the CMP is asking for a comparable Garand then you overpaid.
If you got what you wanted then you got a good deal.  

No rewelds, the first one is all SA, the low serial one is all mixed up(WRA trigger pack, HR Bolt, everthing else is SA)

I am happy, I've been wanting some older Garands
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice buy  

I've been wanting to get a garand for a long time.  Maybe one of these days.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#11]
You need to buy some brothers and sisters

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nice buy  

I've been wanting to get a garand for a long time.  Maybe one of these days.

Just do it.  I've been saying that for ten years.  Finally happened upon a good deal at a local gun shop.  It is a really sweet shooter.  One of my gun purchases where I didn't even have a hint of buyer's remorse.  Now go out this weekend and get yourself one and sit down with it and watch Patton or Band of Brothers.  You'll be glad you did.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice toys, I looked at an original winchester M1 carbine this weekend at the fun shop.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I speak for many of us when I say I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#15]
The guy had a third one and I almost bought it too, but it had some relacement parts (unfinished handguards and some of the metal parts looked to clean)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Her's a pic of mine.  I can't tell you how much I love this thing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top