Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 8:28:15 PM EDT
I got a great deal on some new knives. I have always wanted a 'fuck off' Ka-bar. While and old one would have been cool, I went with a more modern one.

I also have needed new pocket knife for awhile. Finally decided on the M16-02Z from Columbia River Knife and Tool. Its a bit cheaper with the zytel grips - but they are fine for me. I really like the design and functionality of the knife! In hind sight, I got the tanto because it looked cool. Now I realize it will be a bigger PITA to sharpen. Oh well!

Heres a pic:
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What is a 'fuck off' Ka-Bar?

One that you can use without the fear of messing it up?

ETA:  IBN_T

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice knives

BTW, its Columbia River Knife & Tool
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What is a 'fuck off' Ka-Bar?

Ever see "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"?

Well its a British ganster movie by the same guy who did Snatch. Anyway - one of the characters is like "We should get us some big 'fuck off' knives." i.e., showing someone the knife is akin to saying "fuck off". And a Ka-Bar would fall under the catagory of "fuck off" knife.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
ive actually got a crkt knife that ive had for about a month now. Its just like yours only it doesnt have the tanto blade. Theyre really nice knives!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
i've got the same ka-bar, but have worn a good bit of the finish off
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#6]
bump for the day crew!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Am I the only one who pronounces CRKT as 'cricket' and Ka-Bar as 'kay-bar?'

I have a CRKT M16 (I forget which one; it's about 4" blade, half-serrated, tanto tip), but no Ka-Bar or 'fuck off' knife of any sort. Yet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have a CRKT M16 (I forget which one; it's about 4" blade, half-serrated, tanto tip), but no Ka-Bar or 'fuck off' knife of any sort. Yet.

"Kay-Bar"  Is how I say it.

Never called CRKT cricket.  But I like that.

Nice knives.  I have the old school leather Ka-Bar with a new school half seration.  I love that knife.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice knives.  I have the old school leather Ka-Bar with a new school half seration.  I love that knife.

er - is there another way to say "Ka- Bar" rather than KAY BAR?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

er - is there another way to say "Ka- Bar" rather than KAY BAR?

If anyone ever said "Ka Bar" (as in Ka Boom) I think I'd asphyxiate from laughing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top