Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 8:27:17 PM EDT
In 1997, Ernest Zedillo, then president of Mexico, declared in Chicago, "(T)he Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders and ... Mexican migrants are an important _ a very important _ part of it."

In 2004, Mexican President Vicente Fox said in Chicago, "We are Mexicans that live in our territories and we are Mexicans that live in other territories. In reality, we are 120 million people that live together and are working together to construct a nation."

In 2004, the Mexican government published safety tips for Mexicans who wanted to illegally cross the U.S. border. In recent years, Mexico has been pushing hard for U.S. amnesty and various benefits for millions of illegal Mexican migrants.

It has also fought measures to secure our borders, such as the proposed border wall. If naturalized, millions of amnestied migrants could add tens of millions of people (and many future voters) to the United States, through births here and through immigration of extended families. Children born in the United States, even of guest workers, are American citizens and can vote at 18.

Our last national elections were very close. What would be the impact of such an amnesty on future elections? Although many Mexican-Americans are patriotic and most Mexican migrants have no political agenda, many newcomers could be mobilized by Mexico to vote according to Mexico's interests.

www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=SOUTHWEST-04-07-06
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I was in Tiajuana

eating barbequed iguana
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wish I was in Tiajuana

eating barbequed iguana

Who sang that?

IBN_T

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Wall of Voodoo.

Link
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
California, Florida, Arizona and Texas will gain a lot more seats in the House, all Democrat.

In less than 10 years, Texas will be a "swing" state in presidential elections and California and Florida will be as untouchable to the Republicans as Massachusettes  is now.

If illegals are given a "path to citizenship" , the Democratic Party will be in control of gov't (both state and federal) for generations to come.

Remember the words of LBJ after he signed the Civil Rights Act in the 1960's: "I'll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

Same will be true for the Hispanics - only this time, the Dems will be gaining a rapidly GROWING voting bloc as opposed to the fairly stagnant black voting bloc.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wish I was in Tiajuana

eating barbequed iguana

heh i thought

i feel a hot wind on my shoulder
and the touch of a world that is older

when i saw the tile
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish I was in Tiajuana

eating barbequed iguana

heh i thought

i feel a hot wind on my shoulder
and the touch of a world that is older

when i saw the tile

Turn the switch and check the number  
Leave it on when in bed I slumber
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF is going on around here?  am i missing something?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I understand, just a little

no comprende, it's a riddle
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel a hot wind on my shoulder
And the touch of a world that is older
I turn the switch and check the number
I leave it on when in bed I slumber
I hear the rhythms of the music
I buy the product and never use it
I hear the talking of the DJ
Can't understand just what does he say?

I'm on a mexican radio
I'm on a mexican radio

I dial it in and tune the station
They talk about the U.S. inflation
I understand just a little
No comprende, it's a riddle

I'm on a mexican radio
I'm on a mexican radio

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana
I'd take requests on the telephone
I'm on a wavelength far from home
I feel a hot wind on my shoulder
I dial it in from south of the border
I hear the talking of the DJ
Can't understand just what does he say?

I'm on a mexican radio
I'm on a mexican radio
I'm on a mexican radio
I'm on a mexican radio

Radio radio...
What does he say
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
California, Florida, Arizona and Texas will gain a lot more seats in the House, all Democrat.

Only if conservatives and the Republican party dont play thier cards right, and IMO they definately have not been in this regards.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

yes the song came out in 83 Im betting you were not born yet
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a brilliant idea.  We should collect Mexican income taxes on all the illegals and send the money south.  I mean, if they really are Mexicans, they should pay Mexican income tax along with US income tax right?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, for a minute I though Stan Ridgeway was here!  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if conservatives and the Republican party dont play thier cards right, and IMO they definately have not been in this regards.

Cards???? Party????

THE PARTY takes sides just for the viewing pleasure of Johnny Q. Public.

We sit around and watch the Game from our seats, trying to guess their hand, when we should be the Dealer. And they are about to deal themselves another Ace.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top