Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 7:22:37 PM EDT
Say Nazi Germany had not attempted to expand, and the second world war had not occurred.  Say Nazi Germany took an isolationist position in European affairs and still existed today--regardless of what would of happened to the Jews.  Assume they were all simply expelled to Palestine.

Do you think Islam would be a threat to the German people as it is today?  Would such a Germany be a force against Islamist expansion today, instead of just another pathetic Western nation?

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It didnt happen so i tend to not worry about it. Only thing to worry about is what is happening
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It didnt happen so i tend to not worry about it. Only thing to worry about is what is happening

How do you function in life if you never ask hypothetical questions?

Is this a good idea?  Should I eat this?  Is she actually 18?  

Don't be such a simpleton...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The Germans would have to worry about the Soviets long before the Jihadi's enter the picture as Uncle Joe had aspirations of putting all of Europe under his control.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Germans would have to worry about the Soviets long before the Jihadi's enter the picture as Uncle Joe had aspirations of putting all of Europe under his control.

OK.

Say they supressed Communist Russia in the late 40s or early 50s.  

Now, on with the question...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The Nazi's would see the Arabs and the others Islamists as subhumans just like the Jews, Gypsies, and Slav's.   The would use there hostility towards the Jews to their benefit and once the Jewish "problem" was taken care, their usefulness would no longer be needed.  I imagine the Nazi's would exploit Islam's goal of taking over the world as a reason to exterminate them, pretty easy propoganda material right there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are before hand questions, therefore they would concern me. Not hypothetical ones.

This is a topic of something that did not occur or ever will.

Maybe something similar, will or already has, but not with the nazis.
If it was something that actually happened to a group, then id be interested.

Just my two cents
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are before hand questions, therefore they would concern me. Not hypothetical ones.

This is a topic of something that did not occur or ever will.

Maybe something similar, will or already has, but not with the nazis.
If it was something that actually happened to a group, then id be interested.

Just my two cents

Then why did you respond to begin with?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I imagine the Nazi's would exploit Islam's goal of taking over the world as a reason to exterminate them, pretty easy propoganda material right there.

So, that would be a bad idea then?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#9]
You Guys do know that there was a Muslim SS Division
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I think if anything, a shared hatred of the jewish population as well as christianity  would draw them closer to each other. This went on during WWII to a certain extent.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think if anything, a shared hatred of the jewish population as well as christianity  would draw them closer to each other. This went on during WWII to a certain extent.

Possibly to achieve victory in WW2.  I am talking about if the war never happened.

Assume it never happened, and Nazi Germany still existed today.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Then why did you respond to begin with?

You wanted a opinion
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I imagine the Nazi's would exploit Islam's goal of taking over the world as a reason to exterminate them, pretty easy propoganda material right there.

Not going to go there as that will lock the thread and result in me being banned.   Let's just say the CoC prevents me from saying how really feel about the ROP.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not going to go there as that will lock the thread and result in me being banned.   Let's just say the CoC prevents me from saying how really feel about the ROP.

I understand.

I agree that a hard-handed approach is the only sane course of action to deal with Islam.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yes, IIRC mostly made up of Muslims from Yugoslavia.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Exactly, didn't Himler say that Islam made a great warrior religion?

Also, wasn't this division responsible for massacres of serbs, leading up to the Bosnia thing of today?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly, didn't Himler say that Islam made a great warrior religion?

Also, wasn't this division responsible for massacres of serbs, leading up to the Bosnia thing of today?

Yes, lots of animosity toward  the Muslims over what they did during the Nazi Occupation.  

The Nazi's I believe would have used them for as long as they were useful after that, well Nazi's were pretty well documented on how they took care of those who were not usefull.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#19]
...why do I bother.

I am asking if a modern-day Nazi Germany (a race-based country) would be threatened by Islam.

I am not asking anything about how history actually played out.

Why is Islam such a threat to today's Democratic nations, when any single, sane Western nation could deal with all of Islam in 6 months tops.

Is Democracy to blame?

This applies to the Mexican immigration problem also.

Why, if the solutions are so painfully obvious, to the Islam and Mexican questions, are they not simply put in place and dealt with?

Is Democracy to blame?  Is Balkanization to blame?  Is it a race issue?  Are Mexicans and Muslims different simply because they have different ideas?  

So, would Islam, or illegal immigration from an economically inferrior country have been a problem to Nazi Germany.  How would they have dealt with both issues?

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, the Nazi's would feel threatened by the Non Aryan Germanic peoples.

Democracy's don't have the balls to take care of the Islamic problem.   Now the Roman's on the other hand knew how to eliminate a problem.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Democracy's don't have the balls to take care of the Islamic problem.   Now the Roman's on the other hand knew how to eliminate a problem.

So, overall, Democracy is a bad idea for a country?

The Romans would go in and kill all the people causing trouble, much like the Nazis.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our Founding Fathers were not impressed with Democracy.  Once the people learned they can rob the State's coffers through mob rule, anarchy wasn't far behind, the Govt would collapse and be replaced by a strong dictator.  All in the span of about 300 years.   So no, I am not impressed with Democracy in the pure sense of it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#23]
20+ pages and a lock.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our Founding Fathers were not impressed with Democracy.  Once the people learned they can rob the State's coffers through mob rule, anarchy wasn't far behind, the Govt would collapse and be replaced by a strong dictator.  All in the span of about 300 years.   So no, I am not impressed with Democracy in the pure sense of it.

I agree with you.  Democracy and the assumptions behind it are just plain silly.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
20+ pages and a lock.

My topics never make it 20 pages.

Sorry to disappoint you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
...why do I bother.

I don't know, why do you?

Nazism was what it was (and is what it is) which includes the desire to expand and subjugate the lesser races.  Your premise does not take into account the nature of Nazism and this is indeed shown by what actually did happen.

You might as well ask what would've happened if aliens from the planet Zeptar had come to Earth to broker peace and avoid WW2.   It would be just as realistic and ultimately just as relevant.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#28]
In Raiders of the Lost Ark the Nazi's were allied with the muslims + They both hate Jews.  'nuff said.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
In Raiders of the Lost Ark the Nazi's were allied with the muslims + They both hate Jews.  'nuff said.

I guess that about sums it up...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top