Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/9/2006 6:13:21 PM EDT
Today I get at work from my wife, who was just pulled over for failing to stop at a stop sign.  At some point during the incident, she had to remind the officer to look at her eyes and not her breast.  After receiving the ticket, the officer stated he hopes it’s the last time he has to pull her over today and then allowed her to leave.  She made it less than a quarter mile and he pulled her over again, for peeling out when she left.  Ticket states “starting in park”  who know what that means.  He said he heard her tires squeal.  That’s hard to do when the side of the road is dirt.  Then he proceeded to tell her that she needed to register her car in VT, since we have WA plates.  Well I’m in the military so I don’t have to.  Then she leaves again, and again he immediately pulls her over for speeding, yeah right, the speed limit is 55 and she only drove a 100yds.  At this point he got her out of the car and frisk searched her.  Tell me is it reasonable to frisk search someone wearing spandex work out clothes?  A frisk search is done for officer safety, it was clearly obvious that she had no weapons.  I’m going to go talk to this detectives LT tomorrow and I’m a bit upset.  So what do you think ?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Ask to see the dash cam video.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
is your dog ok?

sounds like the guy was being a real dick about it.  was it vermont highway patrol?  those guys can be tough.  once they get that syrup in them, they get all antsy in their pantsy.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]
If it happened as you say I'd have her file sexual harassment charges against him. Probably not the first time he's done this. Did she recieve tickets for the other offenses?

Sure it was not a super trooper dream?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
All he wanted was a peek, geez
jk yeah I would definately be talking to his superiour.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#7]
two tickets 1 for failer to stop, other for spinning tires.  none for speeding, because he juged her speed by other traffic on the road.  she said to me, do you think i would speed after being pulled over twice already?"
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
IBTJBTA
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Not to jump on the cop bashing bandwagon but seems like the guy completly freaked out. I would talk with a higherup as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Get your line straight and ducks in order and go to court pal...........
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#11]
The worst thing is that i work with the marine division of the police dept all the time.  We help them and they help us.  one of the officers in the dept is actualy one of my reservist too.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#12]
File a complaint with the higher ups.  Ask to see the videos and audio from the stops.  If it happens like your wife said it did then he'll probably be toast.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#13]
edited to be civil. I hate pervs, If he in fact did do as you say get an lawyer and file charges. Hes probably done it before and will do it again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Talk to the higherups.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I would def say a bit overboard
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I would def say a bit overboard
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#17]
The start in park comment is most likely for pushing on the gas pedal while the car is in neutral or park and then engaging the gear.  This is normally called a neutral drop and will produce a chirp or spin of the tires.

The burnout on dirt is possable, you are just making the rubber squeal and I thought it was bs until my camaro z28 did it on a repeatable basis.

Sounds like dashcam would be best and talk to the boss and do as others have recomended.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thats one guy who  would have a broken jaw when I got to the station.  File every type of charge you can against his ass.

OK Cynthia McKinney, take a chill pill.

I say that the officer is waaaaayyyy wrong.  Had there been a need to frisk her at all, it would have been at the first stop.  Frisking at the third stop is nothing but attempting to grope.  Also, if there was a need to frisk, it should have been done by a female officer, not a male.

As to the "starting in park" bit, he is insinuating that she revved the engine and then slammed the car into gear to spin out.  And to hearing the tires squeel on loose gravel, haven't you ever watched the dukes of hazard?

I would file sexual harrasment and sexual assault charges against this officer.  Unless she threatened him causing him to have to immediately place her in restraints, he should never have touched her.

Finally, this thread is worthless without pics
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#19]
She only has one breast?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]
That's pretty bad, and it will probably get worse before it gets better

Thin Blue Lie
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Thats one guy who  would have a broken jaw when I got to the station.  File every type of charge you can against his ass.

More empty internet threats.  You're what? Ten years old?

You need to speak with a leiutenant or sergeant as soon as you can. He wrote citations, so you have a name and ID number. Call now. Find out if this shithead is still on duty. If he is, his watch commander is also, so get things moving tonight.

The supervisor will likely try to placate you with "I'll handle it." That's also very likely true, but in some cases, he gets a slap on the wrist and a wink, so follow through. See what punishment he gets. If you don't something out of it, go to the captain or supervisor over road patrol. He'll get something done.

Edit: I missed the part about frisking. Press this to the supervisor. If you don't know the laws, don't start throwing out words like "assaulted her" and telling him what is criminal and what is not. Typically, they wind up being supervisors by knowing the laws better than the ones they're supervising, so just explain calmly and let them know that this guy is a piece of shit with a badge pinned on it.

Edit2: Ask about possible dash cam video. I doubt it's there, but it's a possibility. I can't think of any cop that would do this on camera, so I doubt there is one. You may be offended by this, but there may be more (or less) to this story than what you're getting.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#22]
edited to be civil. I hate pervs, If he in fact did do as you say get an lawyer and file charges. Hes probably done it before and will do it again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I smell some BS somewhere........
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to speak with a leiutenant or sergeant as soon as you can. He wrote citations, so you have a name and ID number. Call now. Find out if this shithead is still on duty. If he is, his watch commander is also, so get things moving tonight.

The supervisor will likely try to placate you with "I'll handle it." That's also very likely true, but in some cases, he gets a slap on the wrist and a wink, so follow through. See what punishment he gets. If you don't something out of it, go to the captain or supervisor over road patrol. He'll get something done.

Edit: I missed the part about frisking. Press this to the supervisor. If you don't know the laws, don't start throwing out words like "assaulted her" and telling him what is criminal and what is not. Typically, they wind up being supervisors by knowing the laws better than the ones they're supervising, so just explain calmly and let them know that this guy is a piece of shit with a badge pinned on it.

Or somebody gets to see the video.

That usually tells more of the story, more as it occurred.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

+1 seems like a thread to try and bash cops. I want to see copies of those tickets before I believe anything.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#26]
i have got a very good working relationship with this police dept.  but i have never met this detective (working overtime as patrol officer)  My wife is affraid to leave the house in fear of being pulled over again.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#27]
edited to be civil. I hate pervs, If he in fact did do as you say  get an lawyer and file charges. Hes probably done it before and will do it again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actualy my friend im 30 years old and after haveing been thru my GF being raped, and knowing what kinda pieces of shit are out there, I do not take pervs lightly no matter there job status.

OK then, feel free to go punch a cop over something. Your girlfriend won't be the only one claiming rape.  You--><--Bubba Badass cellmate

Edit: to fix my horrible spelling
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actualy my friend im 30 years old and after haveing been thru my GF being raped, and knowing what kinda pieces of shit are out there, I do not take pervs lightly no matter there job status.

Im sure you could protect your girlfriend very well while siting in a jail cell.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#30]
tag
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#31]
This is not intened as a cop bashing post.  I am a Federal Law Enforcement Officer.  If i did what this guy did I would be in alot of trouble.  Like Confined to the station, docked pay, loss of pay grade or more.  Loss of law enforcement quals ect..  Do i want to have this guy loose his job?  maybe, maybe not.  One mistake shouldn't ruin a mans retirement.  Should this guy ever pull my wife over again NO.  he does deserve more than a slap on the wrist.  I would rather not sue the dept.  my taxes would go up  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
A loost job would be a bad thing.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
A loost job would be a bad thing.

oh the irony  

eta: nevermind, I missed his fuck up
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
This is not intened as a cop bashing post.  I am a Federal Law Enforcement Officer.  If i did what this guy did I would be in alot of trouble.  Like Confined to the station, docked pay, loss of pay grade or more.  Loss of law enforcement quals ect..  Do i want to have this guy loose his job?  maybe, maybe not.  One mistake shouldn't ruin a mans retirement.  Should this guy ever pull my wife over again NO.  he does deserve more than a slap on the wrist.  I would rather not sue the dept.  my taxes would go up  

Remember though, that this isn't a "single mistake" kind of deal. This sort of unprofessionalism does not manifest itself just once, then goes away.  That said, I still think that there may be more to the story.  It's hard to believe that a cop would do this in broad daylight, with plenty of people around, but I have seen guys I worked with do worse things. (workED with, since they got what was coming to them.)
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Yea, definate WTF.  Definatly not an ok time for an "officer safety" frisk (he had no reason to frisk, because he had no reason to pull her over, which means that he had no reason to be in contact with her to frisk her for "officer safety."  That is, my humble, non-lawyer, internet board thinking.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#37]
If this is true, it is not the way things should happen.

You need to go back to the scene. Go over it in great detail with your wife. Write it all down. Times distances etc.....take photos of the area, did area residents see any of this, there should be logs at the dispatch center of the stop times, video and audio if they have it, etc..

And if you think you have a case file a complaint.

Also be prepared your wife made it all up to make you jealous because she does not want you upset over ticket.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I talked with a few other cops he works with, and they all gave me his LT's name.  I'll be calling him in the morning for sure,  followed up by a visit.  And to think that i gave the police/fire/rescue $8000 in gear that we don't use at the station just a few months ago.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I have already instructed my wife to write a statement, and gave her tips on how to do so.  She knows i don't care about ticket, they happen sometimes.  she called me on her cell phone during each incedent, so i know it really happened.  and she was crying after the second time he pulled her over.  and balling after the third.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Dash cam dash cam dash cam.  It will tell the whole story.  And if the same as reported in the initiating post on this thread OMG!!!  I wouldnt want to be him.

AP.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I talked with a few other cops he works with, and they all gave me his LT's name.  I'll be calling him in the morning for sure,  followed up by a visit.  And to think that i gave the police/fire/rescue $8000 in gear that we don't use at the station just a few months ago.  

Dont hate the rest if there is a bad one
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I have already instructed my wife to write a statement, and gave her tips on how to do so.  She knows i don't care about ticket, they happen sometimes.  she called me on her cell phone during each incedent, so i know it really happened.  and she was crying after the second time he pulled her over.  and balling after the third.

You were on the phone with your wife as she was being felt up by a cop?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Um, I guess the lesson would be not to wear spandex workout clothes while driving? Not that that makes the police officer's behavior any more acceptable. I am interested in hearing the rest of this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Ya think?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Um, I guess the lesson would be not to wear spandex workout clothes while driving? Not that that makes the police officer's behavior any more acceptable. I am interested in hearing the rest of this.

Same here. Admittedly by a cop in one of the beach cities, He said that cops LOVE the summertime here and pull over the girls in bikini tops and love to give warnings... Hmmmm.

Not cop bashing... some just like to look thats all.

In EVERY field there are good people and bad people.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#47]
If this ocurred as the poster claims, the officer should do a stint in jail.

I am a little curious, though, as to why a "Federal Officer" would need to ask for legal advice for a matter such as this, on an internet board.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I am a little curious, though, as to why a "Federal Officer" would need to ask for legal advice for a matter such as this, on an internet board.

IIRC, he's CG. Traffic stops aren't his thing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#49]
This is how it started out with that CHP wonder-cop in the early 80's.. pulling over attractive single women to chat them up, eventually ended up killing one of them
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC, he's CG. Traffic stops aren't his thing.

OK, that makes sense.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top