BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:14:23 PM EDT
Hope it ain't a dupe.

From correspondents in Tehran

April 09, 2006

IRAN had shot down an unmanned surveillance plane in the south amid reports that the United States is planning military strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities, a press report said today.

"This plane had taken off from Iraq and was filming border areas," a report in the hardline Jumhuri Eslami newspaper said.

It added the Islamic Republic "officials have obtained information from the plane system and recordings", without giving any further details.

US publications reported over the weekend that the White House was studying options for military strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities to pressure Tehran to abandon its controversial nuclear program.

The US media has reported that the US military has been secretly flying surveillance drones over Iran since 2004 using radar, video, still photography and air filters to detect traces of nuclear activity not accessible to satellites.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
i suppose it's not an act of war if we were in their airspace....

let's hit them anyway
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Rut-Roh......
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Did they use a 50 cal?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did they use a 50 cal?

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the source of the story?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
It has begun
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope it wasn't a Global Hawk...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did they use a 50 cal?

Yes, mounted on the front of a flying stealth boat.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Probably worse than that…

But it may just be a hunter or a Dragon Eye. I dunknow I’m looking for links.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#12]
the new "Germany" marches on, the reign of the fourth reich. To demacratize the world or kill those who refuse to conform.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did they use a 50 cal?

I thought it was a attack wheelbarrow?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
the new "Germany" marches on, the reign of the fourth reich. To demacratize the world or kill those who refuse to conform.

You're kidding, right? If not then go away
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#15]
So technically they fired the first shot then right?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Well that was stupid of them. That means they turned on their radar.... allow us to better understand their air defenses if we actually do strike. We were likely hoping they would shoot it down in order to map their air defense systems.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what we're trying to stop, Neville.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well that was stupid of them. That means they turned on their radar.... allow us to better understand their air defenses if we actually do strike. We were likely hoping they would shoot it down in order to map their air defense systems.

I'm guessing that they are a bit jumpy after the reports of us opening the canned sunshine.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what we're trying to stop, Neville.

Do not feed the trolls.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did they use a 50 cal?

Them flying stealth boats is tha shizznit. i wonder is they can strap a couple of those high velocity torpedoes to 'em. Obviously a new superpower emerging.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#21]
If you all remember, Iraq started out with drones and spy planes....

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Dude, that was only 3 years ago, and no it did not.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

sp - "democratize"

Is that even a word?  How about, "bring democracy to" instead?  At least those are real words.

The "new crusaders" march on, to bring peace to the world and kill those who refuse to conform.

<interpreted via my Islam-speak translator>

The jihadists march on, to bring Islam to the world and kill those who refuse to submit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yeah, the world will be a safer place with Iran a nuclear power.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, that was only 3 years ago, and no it did not.

1. 3 years for some people seems like a million years ago.
2. I remember the first words of any action from us came as drones spying around the place.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if Al-Jazeera is running with the "Glorious Iranian Marters repel the Great Satans Airborne Invasion" angle.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Greenhorn said:
Do not feed the trolls.

Sorry, Greenhorn but guys like JFP piss the living shiite out of me.

Hate America First is their Mantra.  

Never mind that the crazy Iranian President --not just some doped out Mullah, but the leader of the country, on a world stage ---  has said that he is the new Muslim Messiah, that America will feel nuclear fire, that other soveriegn countries (Israel) should be wiped off the map.  

No, no, to point out this lunacy is boorish of me, how insensive to their feelings and their religion I must be.  Everyone knows that GEORGE W FU--ING BUSH is the real Hitler, and the real danger to world peace is the ever marching American military.

If the American military were really the evil machine these twits claim, then there would only have been 2 American deaths in post war (2003) Iraq.  The first would have meant issuing a warning, and the second would have resulted in a rain of Daisy Cutters to level the village that dared harbor the sniper.  Thats the way the Germans did it.  Thats the way the Russians did it.  

Thats not the way America does it.  We remove tyranny, and then suffer the continuing bites of fleas (resulting in saddened wives and children of the fallen) so as to protect the innocent of Iraq as much as possible.

Screw the Hate America First crowd, and screw the soon-to-be glowing bastards in Iran.  I only hope we can do it with no casualties among our boys (and girls).
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I wonder if Al-Jazeera is running with the "Glorious Iranian Marters repel the Great Satans Airborne Invasion" angle.

Was thinking the same thing....with videos/pics of joyeous Iranians dancing in the streets, firing AK's in the air, and slapping themselves in the head till they bleed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It was probably shot down by a gun or shoulder-fired weapon
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#32]
P.S. The mullahs are the leaders of Iran on the world stage, as far as national governments are concerned - everyone knows President whazisface is just a puppet... If you actually follow how that joker got 'elected', you'll see it's no more legit than Saddam's '100% of the vote'...

Their 'President' is no more their 'leader' at this point than the Queen is the 'Leader' of the Brit govt... It was a little less this way with the prior 'President of Iran', but he pissed in the Mullah's cheerios, so they banned him & any party sympathetic to him from the election....
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Guess you would rather Iran have nukes huh?????
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Did they use a 50 cal?

Is this a reference to Steyr's sale of .50 cal rifles to Iran?

-K
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#35]
We need to send more unmanned vehicles up - even cheap ones that don't carry anything.  Get them confused as to where our real ones are and have them use up their AA.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hope it ain't a dupe.

April 09, 2006

IRAN had shot down an unmanned surveillance plane in the south amid reports that the United States is planning military strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities, a press report said today.

"This plane had taken off from Iraq and was filming border areas," a report in the hardline Jumhuri Eslami newspaper said.

It added the Islamic Republic "officials have obtained information from the plane system and recordings", without giving any further details.

I CALL BULLSHIT!!!!

If I am not mistaken (And if someone has better information ... PLEASE correct me) They DO NOT have recordable equipment on board, only to transmit whereas they record at the base... NOT on the craft.

Nice try.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, he is not kidding.  You know how DU likes to compare Bush to Hitler.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#38]

The US media has reported that the US military has been secretly flying surveillance drones over Iran since 2004 using radar, video, still photography and air filters to detect traces of nuclear activity not accessible to satellites.

Naw, our media doesn't help our enemies.  Sheesh.  But, but, but, they are simply exercising their First Amendment rights during a time of war.  According to some on this board, that's just fine by them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

If this is true I would assume we ARE survailling their air defense network.  And if true we just got a bunch of good intel on it!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd like to see them shoot one of theese down.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The global hawk cruises at between 60-70k feet, and has an RCS the size of a humming bird, the Iranians don't have a modern enough air defense net to intradict one. My money is on a Predator that got hit by a golden BB or Russian made ManPAD.

Hope it wasn't carrying Hellfires, then the ramifications will be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Unlikely.
Contrary to conventional AR15.com wisdom, Al Jazeera is the only respected new media source in the ME.
It is one of the only private media organizations in the region, when most are controlled by the .gov.
As a matter of fact, many ME countries try to censor Al Jazeera,
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/sr-71-top2.jpg

Be pretty hard, considering that none of them fly anymore.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#46]
It's not about democracy.  The president may say "we wish to spread freedom and democracy", but what it's really about is ridding the world of our enemies (and future threats).  

Quoted:

Greenhorn said:
Do not feed the trolls.

Sorry, Greenhorn but guys like JFP piss the living shiite out of me.

Hate America First is their Mantra.  

Never mind that the crazy Iranian President --not just some doped out Mullah, but the leader of the country, on a world stage ---  has said that he is the new Muslim Messiah, that America will feel nuclear fire, that other soveriegn countries (Israel) should be wiped off the map.  

No, no, to point out this lunacy is boorish of me, how insensive to their feelings and their religion I must be.  Everyone knows that GEORGE W FU--ING BUSH is the real Hitler, and the real danger to world peace is the ever marching American military.

If the American military were really the evil machine these twits claim, then there would only have been 2 American deaths in post war (2003) Iraq.  The first would have meant issuing a warning, and the second would have resulted in a rain of Daisy Cutters to level the village that dared harbor the sniper.  Thats the way the Germans did it.  Thats the way the Russians did it.  

Thats not the way America does it.  We remove tyranny, and then suffer the continuing bites of fleas (resulting in saddened wives and children of the fallen) so as to protect the innocent of Iraq as much as possible.

Screw the Hate America First crowd, and screw the soon-to-be glowing bastards in Iran.  I only hope we can do it with no casualties among our boys (and girls).

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he has a time machine
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
no crediable source outside of Iran on the shot down plane

Credible source? I don't think those were required anymore.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he has a time machine

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hope it ain't a dupe.

April 09, 2006

I CALL BULLSHIT!!!!

If I am not mistaken (And if someone has better information ... PLEASE correct me) They DO NOT have recordable equipment on board, only to transmit whereas they record at the base... NOT on the craft.

Nice try.

Actually the pilot of the aircraft they shot down did manage to escape and with all the photos and equipment intact.
Here he is:
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top