Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 5:09:10 PM EDT
I'm tired of going through all the BS I have to go through to get contacts from lenscrafters. Where do you guys buy your contats online?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Sam's Club is about $17 for a six disposable; Wal-Mart is perhaps two dollars more.  I only buy them once a year, so perhaps the prices may have changed.

Wal-Mart always had mine in stock.  The one time that I tried Sam's Club, they took my money THEN they told me I had to wait a few days.  Not ordinarily a problem, except that I live clear across town.  The gas money to get back to the store and back added at least $5 to the purchase price.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Get them from my (sp?) Opthamologist (very nearsighted).  Optomitrists are equivalent to nurse practitioners in my book (had lots of CL problems until finding the real-deal doc).
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get them from my (sp?) Opthamologist (very nearsighted).  Optomitrists are equivalent to nurse practitioners in my book (had lots of CL problems until finding the real-deal doc).

Now I have had just the opposite experience.  The worst refraction I ever had was from the office of the ophthalmologist that did my cataract surgery.  I could not see with the rx they gave me.  Went back and they are 'sorry about that' and that rx wasn't any better.  Finally went to the optometrist at Lens Crafters with a pair of glasses I had before the surgery and the Rx's from the surgeons office.  For some reason they removed all the correction from the eye they did NOT operate on.

Lens Crafter's prices are asinine for my trifocals and frames, so I go to Sam's.  The optometrist there has done fine by me.   Sent a friend to him that was going nuts with her ophthamologist with her contacts.  Says she hasn't been able to see this well in years.  I think the problem is none of the ophthalmologists I've been to do the actual refraction, they have staff do it.  Think I found two of those girls that had a clue.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Walmart. Never a problem glasses or contacts, eye exams also.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
forget now its been like ten years since I purchased them
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#6]
1-800-CONTACTS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top