Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!

They are apparently singling out one gentleman who was a Vietnam War hero, who survived that nightmare, only to be lost in this one.  R.I.P Rick Lescorlot  (sp?)
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
IBN_T

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!

They are apparently singling out one gentleman who was a Vietnam War hero, who survived that nightmare, only to be lost in this one.  R.I.P Rick Lescorlot  (sp?)

It's OK, the pain and the anguish is the same, for all that stood at the gates of hell that day.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!

His name was Rick Rescorla.  He was a British expatriate who served in the British Military [as an enlisted man] before coming to America and serving in the US Army as a commissioned officer.  He saw combat in the Ia Drang Valley (refer to the Mel Gibson film, We Were Soldiers) and was described by Lieutenant General Hal Moore as one of the best platoon leaders he ever encountered.

He served as the Director of Security for Morgan Stanley and is responsible for saving the lives of literally thousands of people.  

He was last seen running back into the burning tower.

Although I did not know him at the time, his death hit me heard and he has since become one of my personal heroes.

RIP Mr. Rescorla.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Rescorla- a friend of his eulogized him by saying that he was a man meant not to live, but to give example by his death.

Something to think about.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!

His name was Rick Rescorla.  He was a British expatriate who served in the British Military [as an enlisted man] before coming to America and serving in the US Army as a commissioned officer.  He saw combat in the Ia Drang Valley (refer to the Mel Gibson film, We Were Soldiers) and was described by Lieutenant General Hal Moore as one of the best platoon leaders he ever encountered.

He served as the Director of Security for Morgan Stanley and is responsible for saving the lives of literally thousands of people.  

Although I did not know him at the time, his death hit me heard and he has since become one of my personal heroes.

RIP Mr. Rescorla.  

Thank you City, for clearing that up for me.....R.I.P. Rick Rescorla , another hero on Black Tuesday...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw this a few months ago. It's still just as moving.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Mr. Rescorla.  

Thank you City, for clearing that up for me.....R.I.P. Rick Rescorla , another hero on Black Tuesday...

No problem JP.  MR. Rescorla was a great American patriot and a hero; if I can be half the mean he was, I will be content.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#12]
"In the middle of the greatest battle of Vietnam, he was singing to the troops, saying we're going to rip them a new asshole, when everyone else was worrying about dying. If he had come out of that building and someone died who he hadn't tried to save, he would have had to commit suicide......You see, for Rick Rescorla, this was a natural death. People like Rick, they don't die old men. They aren't destined for that and it isn't right for them to do so. It just isn't right, by God, for them to become feeble, old, and helpless sons of bitches. There are certain men born in this world, and they're supposed to die setting an example for the rest of the weak bastards we're surrounded with." - Dan Hill

www.newyorker.com/fact/content/020211fa_FACT1
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#13]
And where do we get such men? Just thank God that they are there in out hour of need.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#14]
i have that picture (or at least a very similar one) in my ROTC class folder.  it serves to remind me why i am doing what i am doing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top