Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 1:51:19 PM EDT
I live in PA but my parents are moving into the Madison area.  I'm still in school so I'm staying here but would like to know how WI firearms laws compare to those of PA, mainly AW's and overall length.  Not worried about the class III or anything since I'm not moving there...just will be visiting.  Thanks!

CMS
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No AWB, overall length would be the same as any other Federal law.  No CCW, open carry only if you want to risk a DC charge.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to play the devil's advocate (as an ex-NYer) hat Buffalo are pretty neat though. I bet there is more to do in Nebraska. Ok, ok, I am biased towards Lincoln, NE.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing WI lacks is CCW laws.

Other than that Black rifles are welcome, I use an HK91 for deer hunting

Class III is welcome inlcuding Suppressors, AOW and SBRs

And no mag restrictions.

Besides our Democat ass bag Gov, and lack of CCW it is a pro gun state.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Wisconsin is better than PA i that they allow semi autos for hunting and no goofey 3rd mag limit for shooting at state game ranges.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]

How do Wisconson's firearms laws compare to those of Pennsylvania?  

They'll throw you in jail if you can't spell the state's name right.

BTW, it's pronounced WISconsin, not WESconsin.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I am originally from Milwaukee, WI.

Madison, WI (state capitol) is akin to Berkeley, CA.

CCW is unlawful.  NFA signoffs range from easy to impossible depending on the county of residence.

No AWBs.

Overall, PA is probably better-- but perhaps WI's hunting regs are better.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Madison is horrendously liberal. I went into a Gander Mountain there, and the gun sales guy told me that the two Gander Mtn.s in Madison were the only two in the country that cannot sell handguns. Apparently Madison has some pretty bad gun laws.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Madison has a zoning law that prohibits the sale of hanguns within the city itself, WI also has a 48 hour waiting period on pistols IIRC.  
No CCW, and C3 signoffs can be hard to get.

Ranges are also pretty much private, need to join to shoot at the better ones.

And yea, Diamond Doyle needs to go. . . .
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Madison is the heart of communism and perversion in the midwest.

The gun laws in WI are pretty good as there are a lot of gunowners and hunters.

No CCW as stated but that is going to change in time.

NFA is all allowed with CLEO signoff.

It could be far worse.
There are a LOT of good looking women in Madison. More than anywhere else in WI.  Enjoy it while you can!

If your parents can afford it try to do private school.  I wouldn't expect much from the public schools. Of course you can always live outside Madison.

I worked there once for 6 weeks and ws getting ready to move my family. I hated my job, didn't like Madison, nor did my wife and decided to walk.  I was almost penniless and with a 9month old baby. Best thing I ever did though. Seriously.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just to play the devil's advocate (as an ex-NYer) :

What do they have in Wisconsin? And in Wyoming, to add another W state. Sounds like the total hinterland of the flyover. Buffalo are pretty neat though. I bet there is more to do in Nebraska. Ok, ok, I am biased towards Lincoln, NE.

DO NOT Dishonor Wyoming.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Why? You're not gonna get a herd of buffalo at me, are ya? It's not like there is anything else there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wisconsin is better than PA i that they allow semi autos for hunting and no goofey 3rd mag limit for shooting at state game ranges.

Speaking of that...I just got bit.  I didn't know that and went to a local state game range.  $75-$200 fine...dont' know till the magistrate decides on the fine...o well... live and learn.

As for Madison...they're moving about 45mins outside of Madison so it shouldn't be too bad.  Lots of farmland.  I'm going up in June so we'll see.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speaking of that...I just got bit.  I didn't know that and went to a local state game range.  $75-$200 fine...dont' know till the magistrate decides on the fine...o well... live and learn.

As for Madison...they're moving about 45mins outside of Madison so it shouldn't be too bad.  Lots of farmland.  I'm going up in June so we'll see.

There are a lot of ARFCOMMERS in the area and they get together regualr for shoots. Great bunch, if you cna tag up you will like them.  I live wayyyy up north so don't get the opportunities to do so very often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top