Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 10:44:01 AM EDT
So, I've got a buyer on the EE all lined up, and I'm all ready to ship the gun.

I went and looked at the FAQ on gunbroker.com for info about shipping, and this is what I've got:  The buyer finds an FFL willing to receive the firearm on his/her behalf.  Said FFL then sends me a signed copy of his FFL.  I, the seller, ship only to said FFL, maybe after calling to confirm.

Local gunstore has told me that this is incorrect.  They have said that I must ship the firearm through an FFL, and that no FFL would ever send me the info I'd need to send to them the gun.

Am I wrong, or the gunstore?  I realize that FFL-to-FFL is an option, but if the buyer's FFL isn't averse to receiving a firearm from an indiviudal, and it's legal for me to ship it, I'd like to be clear so we don't bog down our deal.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The buyer will need to first find out whether his FFL will accept a gun from a private party.  A lot of them don't like to do it, but it can be done.

Make sure you include a copy of your drivers license, so the FFL has your info for his log books.  He needs to log where it came from, or he can't complete the transfer.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#3]
if it is a rifle, then the local dealer is full of shit and you can mail it directly.

for a pistol they are correct, ffl to ffl only
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Gunstore's wrong.  It's perfectly legal for you to ship directly to the FFL.

Now.......some FFL's are kinda' funny about receiving from a NON FFL, but that's their personel buisness practice....doesn't affect the law at all.
Call the FFL you're gonna' ship to and confirm he'll accept delivery directly from you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
if it is a rifle, then the local dealer is full of shit and you can mail it directly.

Rifle or pistol never came up when I asked the local place.  But yes, it's a pistol.  Can you confirm ffl-to-fll for pistol, for me?

Thanks for the replies, btw.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rifle or pistol never came up when I asked the local place.  But yes, it's a pistol.  Can you confirm ffl-to-fll for pistol, for me?

disregard pistol

anyway let me guess, scottsdale gun club?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

disregard pistol

anyway let me guess, scottsdale gun club?

YOu may remember me from the 'other' site.  I admit it, I asked my coworkers . . .
Jensen's East, in Tucson
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#10]
ah yeah, J-mart.  I dont listen to those guys.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the confirmation, guys.  Maybe I'll go rub it in: "Yeah, well ARFCOM says  . . . nanner nanner! "

So, the copy of the FFL I get should be that half-sheet of paper with the ATF contact info, FFL #, business name, addy, FFL type, Form 8 (5310.11) blah blah, right?  Or is there a form out there for safe-sendable copies?

And J-Mart . . . no kidding.  There's about ONE guy worth talking to, here, and all he does is take guns apart and re-assy them for fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top