Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 7:38:39 AM EDT
Just finished doing taxes.

What is your effective taxe rate? ie tax total tax due to .gov divided by total earnings.

Mine:

Federal 20.5%
State 6.8%

Does not include SS or Medicare tax.

Absolutley criminal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#1]
dont you just love supporting welfare babies and 3rd world shitholes?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Take the money that you made last year and subtract the taxes you paid.  Then subtract from that amount the money that you have put in a savings/investments.  Multiply what is left by your state sales tax.  Now add that to your other taxes.  I think you will find that it is up around 50%.

Oh, you have to add the medicare and SS payments, because they are actually a tax.  You don't have a choice with them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#3]
So are we getting extra-fucked this year or something?

SHEISLEGEND and I seem to have much worse results this year.  Our situation is different so that could be it.  I really don't feel like going back and apply last years numbers to this years super-complicated-fuck-the-taxpayer formula to know.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just finished doing taxes.

What is your effective taxe rate? ie tax total tax due to .gov divided by total earnings.

Mine:

Federal 20.5%
State 6.8%

Does not include SS or Medicare tax.

Absolutley criminal.

That sounds close to Idaho's.  We also have a 5 percent sales tax and a 1+ percent homeowners tax; tack on what you pay in taxes for gasoline and energy costs, and we are fucked.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#5]
You must not forget "hidden taxes".

Any time you hear "we're not going to tax you, we're going to tax that big corporation" you need to call BS.

You cannot tax a corporation.  Not really.  Corporations, except for a few charitable organizations, in business to make money.  When a business it taxed that tax is included in the price of the goods or services they sell.  You and I pay those taxes when we purchases those goods or services.  If taxes were not paid by the consumer, the corporation would go out of business.

So, you pay a lot of "hidden taxes" and other fees hidden in the cost of the things you spend your money on.  

When it is all taken into account, we pay over 50% of our earnings in various local, state, and federal taxes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump for the late filing crowd!

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
45, single and make good money. My taxes are PAINFUL!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Just income is a little over 30%

(well they take 30% outa each check and I still have to send the govt money every year so)
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#9]
45% not including Sales, NY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top