Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 6:22:17 AM EDT
I mean... I haven't done anything since I took a shower but lay in bed for 7 hours... so I really don't need one before I leave do I?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#1]
depends where you are going.

church?
home depot?
gun show?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on how you smell and if your hair is too messy to respond to being combed/brushed, assuming you have hair, of course
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

church?
home depot?
gun show?

+1

Going to your boyfriend's house?
Going to gym?
Watch a movie?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

church? - Maybe
home depot? - No
gun show?- Anytime within the last month is fine

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Depends on the guy you slept with? Did you two sweat a lot? Does he smell? Were there a lot of body fluids exchanged?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you pee the bed?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Uh, my regular shower is always before I go to bed, not when I get up in the morning. That's a strange Anglo habit that I haven't gotten used to. Why would you want to sleep dirty in your dirty bed? The bed is supposed to be cleanest place in the home. Sure, if I go for a morning run or if I was working outdoors and got dirty, etc. I will take a shower afterwards, but the whole morning shower thing irks me to no end.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#8]
What day is it?

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Going to a gun show with a straight male friend

I will not take a shower
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 (What S30V said).

Don't be over doing it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Uh, my regular shower is always before I go to bed, not when I get up in the morning. That's a strange Anglo habit that I haven't gotten used to. Why would you want to sleep dirty in your dirty bed? The bed is supposed to be cleanest place in the home. Sure, if I go for a morning run or if I was working outdoors and got dirty, etc. I will take a shower afterwards, but the whole morning shower thing irks me to no end.

It's in the Constitution a couple down from Right to Bear Arms.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I always used to take a shower before bed when I was a kid then I started doing it in the morning.

I do feel a little cleaner when I do it in the morning before I go somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

church?
home depot?
gun show?

+1

Please clean yourself before going. I get sick of some dude walking around making the gunshow smell like a feed lot.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Going to a gun show with a straight male friend

I will not take a shower

Better take one,  you might meat a new non-straight friend by the TAPCO table.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#15]
If you actually have to ask that question the answer is...

unequicovably

absolutly

YES!  HEll YES!

actually its up to you, your choice.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I always used to take a shower before bed when I was a kid then I started doing it in the morning.

I do feel a little cleaner when I do it in the morning before I go somewhere.

I don't sweat at night. And I still smell like essence of rose shower gel in the morning, so no one has ever complained. Oh yeah, Old Spice's 24 hour formula does work as advertised. Those guys rock. You can sweat like a pig to catch the last train at night and still arrive at home smelling pleasant even if slightly damp. Here's to Old Spice!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I mean... I haven't done anything since I took a shower but lay in bed for 7 hours... so I really don't need one before I leave do I?

Yeah, because bacteria on your skin doesn't grow when your sleeping.
Or do you come out of the shower with sterile skin?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:46:30 AM EDT
[#19]
wash yourself you filthy animal
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's in the Constitution a couple down from Right to Bear Arms.hr

Really now? When I went to school in the City (New York), I always noted how vile some of my fellow students smelled, despite being self-avowed morning-showerers. I guess it has a lot to do with your diet and whether you use proper deodorant or the lame spray-on rubbish. I found the diets of most of my classmates to be appalling. Not that people here in the UK are any better. I am just an old-fashioned European country boy, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I worked with a guy that smelled really bad but claimed he took a shower every night.

When the owner of the company (and high-school buddy) told him that he needed to take a shower in the morning he said "I take one at night so I smell good for the HONEY!".

The owner goes "You need to take one in the morning so you smell good for the MONEY!".

I always tend to think most people that smell bad don't know they do.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#22]

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#23]
+2

Methadone Clinic?
The Rodeo?
Herpes Support Group?

Quoted:

Quoted:

church?
home depot?
gun show?

+1

Going to your boyfriend's house?
Going to gym?
Watch a movie?

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#24]
You must absolutely not only shower every 8 hours, but for that positively fresh feeling it is necessary for you to have the water sufficiently hot to kill those odor causing bacteria.

Your home water heater is likely insufficient, so you will need to rig a special boiler unit to bring the water temperature up to 220 degrees.

Good old fashioned Sterno gel, applied topically, will help you to kill off any germs that survive.

Come back and tell us more about your obsessive compulsive disorder after you try that a few times.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Nah,showering is highly overated,as is brushing your teeth,shaving,clean underwear,etc
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because bacteria on your skin doesn't grow when your sleeping.
Or do you come out of the shower with sterile skin?

And you still have plenty of bacteria on your skin after getting out of the shower, too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top