Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 6:10:22 AM EDT
I'm now engaged...she finally got her ring.  

That is all...going to go look for a new H&K pistol now.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Congrat's Good luck and all that Jazz....Make sure she's the right one!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#2]
So when do you and SP1Grrl get married........ Grrrrrrrrr....... nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
congrats!

when u get the HK youll get another! :D

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember, the groomsmen don't want cigars or whiskey flasks..they want guns..and the bridesmaids get cleaning kits!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#5]
If you find that things aren't working out so well after the first year, get out.  Don't wait for "things to work out."  Just get out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you find that things aren't working out so well after the first year, get out.  Don't wait for "things to work out."  Just get out.

Yes...good advice...Go into it with the attitude that you'll quit at the first sign of difficulty.  Nice.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Start buying all the guns you can soon, you won't be able to once you have a newborn on the way
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

she'll cheat on you , divorce you, and take all your stuff.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats on the gun
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Some realities are harsh ones.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes...good advice...Go into it with the attitude that you'll quit at the first sign of difficulty.  Nice.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 If you take that stance you are doomed. It's a person not a used car that you can trade in for a newer model. If you can't handle marriage then don't get involved with it in the first place. Why contribute to the already 50% divorce rate?

I wish you both the best that life has to offer in your new journey
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 If you take that stance you are doomed. It's a person not a used car that you can trade in for a newer model. If you can't handle marriage then don't get involved with it in the first place. Why contribute to the already 50% divorce rate?

+1  Patty
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#13]
+12345...Blah Blah Blah.

Once again, if you find that things aren't working out so well after the first year, get out.  First sign of difficulty my ass.  One year is enough time, if you can get past your emotions, to realize things will not work out.

I took three years to try to justify my marriage.  Then, finally, I got out.  Thankfully, no kids were involved.

Why contribute to the 50% divorce rate?  Because after a reasonable amount of time ya gotta face some hard realities and realize how short life is, and how long you have to be miserable.  Not to mention the possibility that if you try to justify your marriage long enough you might just bring some children into this world who have to endure your screwed up marriage as well as the trauma of
Mommy and Daddy splitting up.  Or, Mommy and Daddy staying together long enough, miserable, until the kids go off to college only to learn that they have absolutely nothing in common and get divorced.

Now, before any snide comments come flying in based upon some suppostion that, my parents marriage, based upon my comments on parents getting divorced after their children's High School Career...here's a shocker!

My Ma and Pa are going to celebrate their 40th anniversary this year!  Yep!  40 years of happy marriage!  Only the occasional off comment by one or the other upset such a record over time based upon what I saw.  Sure, it could be one slug fest every night with good ol' Ma and Pa, but I doubt it.

So spare me the whole "negativity going into it" melodrama.

But, to the original poster, I wish you the best.  May every day with your wife be Warm and Fuzzy.

And that, folks, is from the heart.

Amen.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Patty

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Pics motha f*%$#r!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

she'll cheat on you , divorce you, and take all your stuff.

Don't be a cock.

Congrats, Jadams, and best of luck.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#16]
congrats man!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

When you find that H&K pistol, put it in your mouth. You'll save yourself alot of headaches that way.

j/k

Congradulations!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Hogwash, marriage is a commitment.  You don't make a commitment by leaving escape routes.  

Patty

Quoted:
+12345...Blah Blah Blah.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Am I the only one that thinks when a chick says the word "cock"....it's kinda sexy?

Quoted:

cock.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah my old lady cleaned me out! Hooker with a heart of gold my ass! Can't trust none of them!

PS- Congrats, don't spend more than you can afford on the honeymoon and Bermuda is not as warm as you would think sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.......just stating the facts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Am I the only one that thinks when a chick says the word "cock"....it's kinda sexy?

Quoted:

cock.

What about "cock" but in another language? *shrug*
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

cock.

Yes, but that is because you need to get laid.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Put off the wedding as long as you can, because after the honeymoon, you ain't getting any, ever again.

Edit: This post is meant to be taken in a light-hearted way.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#25]
You also don't proceed upon a commitment by treating your spouse in a decitful, degrading sort of way.

Ultimately, we are all responsible for ourselves.  We can all be fooled.  I was.  So have so many people that I know of.

I gave myself to someone once, I was let down, and I got out...though not without a fight to make it work out.  I'd do it again, but I am so careful/paranoid now that I am not so sure it will happen.

Make all the hogwash you want of it, but like I said, we are all responsible for ourselves.

Quoted:
Hogwash, marriage is a commitment.  You don't make a commitment by leaving escape routes.  

Patty

Quoted:
+12345...Blah Blah Blah.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Congrats
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#28]
You know I haven't exactly had a bed of roses to sleep on either.  However the institution of marriage isn't what was at fault.  

The first year of my marriage wasn't really a lot of fun.  My husband had been a bachelor for 42 years and I had my own set of baggage and it took a while to learn to live with each other.  With that said at THAT time we were both committed and working on our relationship.  If not I doubt we'd still be together.

I can't remember if it was you that have issues with Dr. Laura or not but I highly recommend 10 stupid things couples do to screw up a relationship, along with her other 10 stupid things books [for men and women].  

If I were to end up single sometime in my future - I doubt myself that I would remarry either.  Not because I don't love and strongly desire to be married but I doubt my ability to find someone who would respect, appreciate and be committed to me.

Patty

PS I agree if your spouse is treating you in a decitful, degrading sort of way then I believe an annulment is warrented.  If that doesn't define a breech of contract, what does?

Quoted:
You also don't proceed upon a commitment by treating your spouse in a decitful, degrading sort of way.

Ultimately, we are all responsible for ourselves.  We can all be fooled.  I was.  So have so many people that I know of.

I gave myself to someone once, I was let down, and I got out...though not without a fight to make it work out.  I'd do it again, but I am so careful/paranoid now that I am not so sure it will happen.

Make all the hogwash you want of it, but like I said, we are all responsible for ourselves.

Quoted:

Patty

Quoted:
+12345...Blah Blah Blah.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
+12345...Blah Blah Blah.

Once again, if you find that things aren't working out so well after the first year, get out.  First sign of difficulty my ass.  One year is enough time, if you can get past your emotions, to realize things will not work out.

I took three years to try to justify my marriage.  Then, finally, I got out.  Thankfully, no kids were involved.

Why contribute to the 50% divorce rate?  Because after a reasonable amount of time ya gotta face some hard realities and realize how short life is, and how long you have to be miserable.  Not to mention the possibility that if you try to justify your marriage long enough you might just bring some children into this world who have to endure your screwed up marriage as well as the trauma of
Mommy and Daddy splitting up.  Or, Mommy and Daddy staying together long enough, miserable, until the kids go off to college only to learn that they have absolutely nothing in common and get divorced.

Now, before any snide comments come flying in based upon some suppostion that, my parents marriage, based upon my comments on parents getting divorced after their children's High School Career...here's a shocker!

My Ma and Pa are going to celebrate their 40th anniversary this year!  Yep!  40 years of happy marriage!  Only the occasional off comment by one or the other upset such a record over time based upon what I saw.  Sure, it could be one slug fest every night with good ol' Ma and Pa, but I doubt it.

So spare me the whole "negativity going into it" melodrama.

But, to the original poster, I wish you the best.  May every day with your wife be Warm and Fuzzy.

And that, folks, is from the heart.

Amen.

+1
James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top