Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2001 9:31:03 AM EDT
Over on the HKPRO board I have made a post:

[URL]http://ubb.hkpro.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002618-2.html[/URL]

Please take a look at it and consider participating. This is for a fellow shooter who is fighting cancer. If you've ever had family or friends with cancer, you know how tough this can be. Here's a way we can all help.

TIA,

-Greg
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Before anyone flames me, my heart goes out to the young lady with cancer (I take it that this is the fellow shooter, a female, rather than the fellow shooters girlfriend)

Considering the heartbreaking news that any family member, co-worker or associate/acquaintence has been diagnosed with any form of cancer, the desire for any rightous person is to help in whatever way is available.

HOWEVER, requesting that a person allow an organization to "use" the spare computing capacity of their personal PC in an effort to lower operating expenses for a non-profit organization, thus freeing up a greater amount of funds for research is way out of line IMHO.

Regardless of what the tin foil hats are saying about the New World Order (which has some validity in this regard as a participant in this program is allowing one, and possibly more organizations [b]access to their PC, and all the data inside, regardless of the claims of SECURE data management)[/b] I would strongly advise any person or organization to think twice before enrolling in this program!

Making a donation to your local NPOrg. or tithing a few extra bucks to your church is a by far better way to ensure that your $$$ is getting to those that can use it.  It also does not have the potential to violate your rights to your privacy, on line or off.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
xanadu is right on the mark here.

The equipment I work on is used by some of the most prestigious bio labs in the world, and I've been in them.  Cancer, AIDS, genetics, new drugs, etc. - they do it all.  Really impressive stuff.

But one thing they *don't* do is use outside processing like United Devices.  Trust me - research labs have plenty of computing power (the Cray I play with down at Scripps Institute is especially fun) and would never allow their proprietary, multi-Billion dollar discoveries circulated around the internet under any circumstances.  UD is a MLM scam.

So that brings us around to MP5_guy and jamesavery22 -

These lowlife scumbags have decided to use this poor girl's cancer in order to promote this service so they can benefit and "Win Great Prizes."

You two need to be bitch slapped!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd do it but they're not offering free helium balloons, and no party like atmosphere.

[b]BOGUS[/b]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:18:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out www.urcancercure.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top