Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 1:28:06 PM EDT
www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=46585982

This FACTORY NEW Urban Entry .223 Combat Pump Rifle was available only on Law Enforcement Letterhead just a year ago. Grab one while civilians still can!

Preferred by SOCOM, SWAT and urban combat trained special forces, a few are still available (NOT CLASS 3) to investors/collectors/for property security while the LE ban remains on hold.
A shotgun is ideal for defense and combat at 10 to 30 feet. A fully tricked out AR will keep you safe between 30 and 100 yards plus. But what about multiple attackers, looters and assailants (sadly more the rule than the exception today) at 20 to 30 yards, the most common “urban” or home/yard defense zone? Military, police, SWAT and SOCOM have decided for you, by choosing this ultra-reliable LE pump .223 with pistol grip and ghost rings for decades, for attackers at urban combat distances. Takes standard, including hi-cap, AR mags.

Don’t just believe us, here are the “top ten reasons” this rifle was chosen over an AR shipment for urban riot and entry on an actual LE RFP: 1. LE/Mil spec design and pump reliability; jams kill you around a building corner in an urban combat setting. 2. ARs can cost $2,000 plus—this is half the price with twice the reliability as a semi, with better range match, and a very short barrel for stealthy entry and concealment. 3. With practice the speed assisted pump is nearly as fast as a semi, without the jams, strip problems and with simple next shot clear for misfires, compared to an AR. No gas=no grief. 4. Compared to a 12g this rifle is cheap on ammo to practice, tame recoil ideal even for women and the elderly, 10x the accuracy, and 3x the capacity of the highest-cap 12. 5. Nasty looking as a deterrent. 6. Remington quality is a name we can trust, at a price lower than even the “bargain” AR’s. 7. Remington pioneered and perfected the short-stroke assisted pump. 8. Short barrel, overall size, pistol grip and ghost rings are like having a “short AR pistol” with rifle accuracy, pump reliability and semi capacity. 9. Ideal for hallway/alleyway/”yard” distances, and used as a riot control gun in over 60 countries. 10. As easy to clean and maintain as a shotgun, with all the positive features of an AR, and none of the downsides. MORE accurate at it’s design distances than an AR without ranging, sight adjustments, or zeroing. Ready to defend out of the box. (NOTE: this department wasn’t trashing AR’s, just arguing that this rifle is better for it’s purpose to augment their AR inventory, than trying to make ARs do everything).

Americans stop over 4,100 crimes each day by pulling a gun without ever firing a shot, and the stopping power compared to recoil of the .223 has been time proven since Nam, in a format that looks absolutely terrifying, and could well stop a confrontation before it begins, even with multiple assailants. Comes in a plain LE box with one small factory mag. We can sell you extra LEO Colt or Bushmaster mags at a discount and ship in same box, those are not included in your bid amount.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a description by gunkid.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the same kind of promotional bs that's used to sell new cars
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quick! Buy it now is only $999.00!!! I wish I could remember my password!

Did you notice the pinky up in the air?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Preferred by SOCOM!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish it were possible to list comments on the bottom of the auction to bust the balls of these phonies.

My favorite is the guy who sells "ROOFUSS" 223 HE/I ammo trying to pass it off as a smaller version of MK 211 RAUFOSS multipurpose.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
And Im sure SOMEONE will fall for it and become an entry into one of our "Gun Shop Commando" threads
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]

A shotgun is ideal for defense and combat at 10 to 30 feet. A fully tricked out AR will keep you safe between 30 and 100 yards plus. But what about multiple attackers, looters and assailants (sadly more the rule than the exception today) at 20 to 30 yards, the most common “urban” or home/yard defense zone? Military, police, SWAT and SOCOM have decided for you, by choosing this ultra-reliable LE pump .223 with pistol grip and ghost rings for decades, for attackers at urban combat distances. Takes standard, including hi-cap, AR mags.

Translation:

When you need that gun that will not shoot very quickly, for engagement distances in which the overkill power of the AR is not needed, use this gun.  You might get dead, but you were efficient.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I want the shotgun pistol.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL. A pump rifle with shotgun sights. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#10]
ive seen that thing on remingtons website before and it looks like a peice of crap designed for police departments that dont want to trust their officers with real and effective weapons like AR's. I feel sorry for any cop that has to carry one of those POS.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Did you notice the pinky up in the air?

You think he was shouting "Wolverines"?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#12]
what a fucking moron.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]
looks  photochopped to me
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

WOLVERINES!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Is it Kali legal?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Abortion and he should get somebody besides his mom to be the model.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Is it Kali legal?

Yeah, but nobody wants one.

These are better:

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#19]
No beamz?

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#20]
if it's on gunbroker, it must be true
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
ive seen that thing on remingtons website before and it looks like a peice of crap designed for police departments that dont want to trust their officers with real and effective weapons like AR's. I feel sorry for any cop that has to carry one of those POS.

Local gunshop has one, I handled it and it was the roughest POS I ever laid hands on.

Handles like a shotgun but it feels like a very poorly put together 870.   SLOP out the damn wazzoo.    Not a very impressive showing, really feels like a pile of crap that I wouldn't pay 500 for much less anything over that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Local gunshop has one, I handled it and it was the roughest POS I ever laid hands on.

Handles like a shotgun but it feels like a very poorly put together 870.   SLOP out the damn wazzoo.    Not a very impressive showing, really feels like a pile of crap that I wouldn't pay 500 for much less anything over that.

Same here, not impressed in the least with the one I handled. ESPECIALLY at the price they think they are worth. How a $269 870 is worth $700-$1000 with a rifle BBL is beyond me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Well, in it's defense the manual of arms would pretty much be the same as a Rem 870 so that would cut down on training time for most PDs that use Remington shotguns (which means a majority of them).  Probably fit the same cruiser racks, etc also.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOLVERINES!!!

No! No! No!

It's "Wulvereenthzzz...."

Geez! Can't you see the pinkie?

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#27]
At a gun shop the other day and the straight stock model came in.Rear sight was so loose it would swing around. Plastic flashing on the fore end. Is there any quailty control at Remington?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I remember thinking when these things came out.

While I can *sorta* get the whole "same manual of arms to an 870" thing, I can't help but think that's more of a marketing droid tag line to foist this on clueless Chiefs and bean counters.  I'd shudder to think of myself in a situation where I'd have to bet my life on PUMP rifle with a GHOST RING sight.    I'd choose my SKS over that in a heartbeat.

The department that's so fucking PC that they'd choose this POS over an AR is one that has bigger problems.

I guess there are some non-LEO's that would buy it in states with "assault weapons" bans, but even *I* wasn't that desperate in California (my M1A Scout was my primary SHTF rifle).
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#29]
He has a Nitroned Sig Pro SP2022, that is very scarce for only $799.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll take it!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Group Buy??

That thing looks like ass.

Nice Orlite.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#32]
But really how would you need more training on a semi auto rifle. You just pull the trigger, the only real training that would need to be done would be jams, and that be about it. Any moron can figure out how to aim with a AR if they could figure out how to aim with that thing.  The magazine changes would be the same, with either gun and most definatley easier with the AR. I truly dont see the advantage.
Maybe remington would have soemthing if it was semi auto
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I remember thinking when these things came out.

While I can *sorta* get the whole "same manual of arms to an 870" thing, I can't help but think that's more of a marketing droid tag line to foist this on clueless Chiefs and bean counters.  I'd shudder to think of myself in a situation where I'd have to bet my life on PUMP rifle with a GHOST RING sight.    I'd choose my SKS over that in a heartbeat.

The department that's so fucking PC that they'd choose this POS over an AR is one that has bigger problems.

I guess there are some non-LEO's that would buy it in states with "assault weapons" bans, but even *I* wasn't that desperate in California (my M1A Scout was my primary SHTF rifle).

You danced right around the real issue, and nearly hit it, but not quite.

It's commonality of function with the well-regarded 870 is a good thing, but it's not the real reason.

You want to know why these things even exist? Remington has found a market for agencies that are PC. The EBRs scare the shit out of people. Hell, people on this very board raised pure hell in the thread about officers wearing BDU's and anything but shiny, polyester uniforms with spi-shined shoes. This attitude seems to be quite in line with many in the country.

Along those lines, the people do NOT want to see their friendly local police officer carrying an AR-15, no matter it's usefulness, just as they don't want to see that officer wearing OD or dark blue BDus with a badge emblem sewn on. EBRs scare the folks, and the administrators know that. This has more of the "sporting gun" look, while still giving the same down range performance as the AR.

I think it's good, in that there are some chickenshit administrators that are allowing these weapons, where they would vehemently deny the officers EBRs. I still think it's bullshit, though, that these people are in charge of "protecting" us, even though they're fucking scared of the look of a gun.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top