Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 11:34:01 AM EDT
But Bush — echoing earlier complaints from Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn. — sought to place all the blame credit on Reid, D-Nev., who refused to permit votes on more than three Republican-backed amendments.

"I call on the Senate minority leader to end his blocking tactics and allow the Senate to do its work and pass a fair, effective immigration reform bill," Bush said in his weekly radio address.

Hailed as a bipartisan breakthrough earlier in the week, the immigration measure would have provided for stronger border security, regulated the future entry of foreign workers and created a complex new set of regulations for the estimated 11 million immigrants in the country illegally.

Officials said an estimated 9 million of them, those who could show they had been in the United States for more than two years, would eventually become eligible for citizenship under the proposal.

yahoo news
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]
great, amnesty.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#2]
No no no my friend, amnesty blocked.  It didn't happen.

Thus the Hooray
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No no no my friend, amnesty blocked.  It didn't happen.

Thus the Hooray

coffee needed more now yes engrish kicking ass
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Even a blind asshole can find a nut in his shit every now and then.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
The title of the thread made me think that the jackass stepped down. One can only hope.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#6]
What does this have to do with oil?

Seeing Peak_Oil, I expect to see something about how there's no oil left and we're destroying the environment.  Has this one-trick-pony learned a new trick?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Amnesty blocked, for now they will weasel it in on a floor ammendment late at night when noones their to vote and the media is not their.  Think FOPA 86.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
..................Hailed as a bipartisan breakthrough earlier in the week, the immigration measure would have provided for stronger border security, regulated the future entry of foreign workers and created a complex new set of regulations for the estimated 11 million immigrants in the country illegally.

Other than the "complex new set of regulations" the rest of the above is crap.

Officials said an estimated 9 million of them, those who could show they had been in the United States for more than two years, would eventually become eligible for citizenship under the proposal.

Not to mention the millions more to come who could "show they had been in the United States for more than two years" two months after they got here and got their forged "papers."

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Seeing Peak_Oil, I expect to see something about how there's no oil left and we're destroying the environment.  Has this one-trick-pony learned a new trick?

Most of our oil comes from Mexico.  Vicente Fox will soon be replaced by an American hating soft communists.  GWBs energy policy reforms seem to have dissappeared somehow, curiosly?  We are interconnected so what happens in Mexico and Immigration reform here will have lasting effect.  Millions of "new" mexican voters means a democrat return to power.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The title of the thread made me think that the jackass stepped down. One can only hope.

This jackass???

we couldn't be so lucky.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This jackass???

i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/jarhead2/Bushresigns.jpg

we couldn't be so lucky.

We do need a real Conservative that is not named Bush or McCain.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#12]
And why should Cheney go to prison?  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I would suspect he has gotten far far wealthier in office.  Defense contracts and various others he does have some inside info I suspect if one dug they would find something questionable.  I prfer the possibility of President Cheney to W though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would suspect he has gotten far far wealthier in office.  Defense contracts and various others he does have some inside info I suspect if one dug they would find something questionable.  I prfer the possibility of President Cheney to W though.

and don't anyone think I am particularly bashing Bush.....he just happens to be the one at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue presently........if this were 6-7 years ago, the faux Times would say "Clinton".....if Kerry had won, it would say "Kerry"......get the point? they're all scumbag pieces of shit, who are out to fuck me one way or another!......sorry, I'll shut up  now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and don't anyone think I am particularly bashing Bush.....he just happens to be the one at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue presently........if this were 6-7 years ago, the faux Times would say "Clinton".....if Kerry had won, it would say "Kerry"......get the point? they're all scumbag pieces of shit, who are out to fuck me one way or another!......sorry, I'll shut up  now.

You will love 2008 then.  Shitlary Vs. McCain.  I'll vote third party.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#16]
If McCain won the presidency, he'd be 70 by the time he took office. Ain't gonna happen.

Ronald Reagan was 69 when he took office.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If McCain won the presidency, he'd be 70 by the time he took office. Ain't gonna happen.

So Shitlary?  Rudy?  Another Bush?  Pick which toilet you want flush our country down.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I voted for Bush...twice...but on illegal aliens and how to deal with them...the man and I are just 180° polar opposites.

And I don't understand why he has kowtowed to the illegals and Vincente Fox.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So Shitlary?  Rudy?  Another Bush?  Pick which toilet you want flush our country down.

So, is this the argument we always get when the Republicans put up YET ANOTHER non-conservative for office?

"Well, be happy, peasant. Al least he has an "R" in front of his name. This makes everything okay".

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#21]
As much as I like Reagan, it is interesting that both Reagan and Bush didn't have the balls to promote amnesty until the middle of their second term, when there was no worry of reelection. Clearly, they both understand that the people do not support amnesty -- then or now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Once in office, EVERYTHING goes into a blind trust until he finishes out his term.

"I suspect if one dug..." so I guess you throw shit at the wall in hopes something sticks, huh?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yeah, man, where've you been?  We converted him long ago.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't think you can "suspect" a person to prison in America just yet.  And sure Bush has let us all down but wtf has Cheney done other than generally piss off the far left?

And shoot a guy.  But the guy he shot was an attorney so that doesn't count.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#25]
quite the hijack on this thread.

i'm going to write harry and tell him to keep up the good work
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Amnesty blocked, for now they will weasel it in on a floor ammendment late at night when noones their to vote and the media is not their.  Think FOPA 86.

Dont tell me that guy Noone got elected!

Thats great! I would have voted for him if I had known he was running!

lol....I vote for "None of the Above".....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I don't think you can "suspect" a person to prison in America  just yet.  And sure Bush has let us all down but wtf has Cheney done other than generally piss off the far left?

And shoot a guy. But the guy he shot was an attorney so that doesn't count.

In the red.....who's Jose Padilla, why has he been in prison for nearly 5 years, and what has he been convicted of ?      

In the blue......well....I guess Cheney aint so bad by that ........lol
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#28]
If I had a choice between McCain and abstaining, I would go with abstention.  There is no way in hell I am going to support that guy in any way shape or form.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmmmm.....maybe you can be suspected to prison in Amerika.  And this Padilla dude, I'm sure the Federalis have damn good reason to detain this fine upstanding terrorist American.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.....maybe you can be suspected to prison in Amerika.  And this Padilla dude, I'm sure the Federalis have damn good reason to detain this fine upstanding terrorist American.

If so, let them make their case.   Do it!  Just quit flip-flopin'
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top