Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 8:05:59 AM EDT
For about the last week, when my fiancee and I get up in the morning, there are severed mouse heads, dismembered bodies, and at least one severed mouse tail outside our bedroom door.

Are the cats just trying to send a message, or is this the beginning of a killing spree that will ultimatly end with my death?

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It means you have mice. Are they inside cats?

Our cats often stay outside at night, and we wake up with some dead animal or other on our front doorstep, but ONLY if they've been outside for a long time!

I've theorized they've formed a sort of religion. See, we're they're gods, and we will usually let them into the temple (our house) to stay for a while. Then, when they leave, sooner or later they want back in, but they can't get in. We have abandoned them! So they leave us a sacrifice of prey, and then they eventually get let back into the temple to be fed and given water and be treated well...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Your cats are cool.

EDIT: I don't have any cats, so I'd just refer to Ramses' post above.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#3]
at least your cats can actually kill something, mine cant even sneak up on a mourning dove, the dumbest animal in Arizona
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:12:58 AM EDT
[#4]
The godfather is pissed at you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
They are bringing you "presents".
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]
It means you will soon be sleeping with the "mices"

Your cats name isn't Vito is it?

GM
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#7]
The cats are trying to give you a gift.  I remember when my friend was sick, her cat brought her several freshly killed birds and mouses.  Cats are smarted than many people think.  Your cat(s) are trying to please you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The cats are trying to give you a gift.  I remember when my friend was sick, her cat brought her several freshly killed birds and mouses.  Cats are smarted than many people think.  Your cat(s) are trying to please you.

It's working.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#9]
They are inviting you to eat dinner with them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They are bringing you "presents".

+1 That or they are Mafia Kats and are warning you to shuduup
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#11]
You are being worshiped as a demon god and they are bringing you tribute and sacrifices.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 on the whole God , Sacrifice, Present scenarios.

Cool cat!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Your cats are trying to prove they are carrying their weight.

Cats became domesticated after the agricultural revolution about 5000 years ago.  They went were the food was, rodents feeding off the grain stockpiles accumulated by agriculture. We gradually had friendlier contact with them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish my cats would do that. The only present they ever leave me is a pile of puke. They are scared to stay outside for long.
Nothing at all like the barn cats I grew up with. Now those were real cats. Not even the German Shepherd would mess with them. He learned his lesson the hard way. Now, my cats let my new German Shepherd  chew on their heads! He just walks up and engulfs their little heads in his mouth, and pretends to chew them. They sit there like idiots and pur.

Maybe I should throw them out for awhile, might do them good. They could get scrappy with the wild cats that come by now and again. Maybe they'd learn a thing or two. They don't even have good balance. My cats fall off stuff all the time! I thought they were supposed to be graceful.

Anyone want a few free cats?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine brings 'em live, so we can have fun with them too.

We really thought she was useless until this winter.  Weather got REAL cold out, and the mice came in for three hots and a cot, and the prissy white persian finally got something done.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I wish my cats would do that. The only present they ever leave me is a pile of puke. They are scared to stay outside for long.
Nothing at all like the barn cats I grew up with. Now those were real cats. Not even the German Shepherd would mess with them. He learned his lesson the hard way. Now, my cats let my new German Shepherd  chew on their heads! He just walks up and engulfs their little heads in his mouth, and pretends to chew them. They sit there like idiots and pur.
Maybe I should throw them out for awhile, might do them good. They could get scrappy with the wild cats that come by now and again. Maybe they'd learn a thing or two. They don't even have good balance. My cats fall off stuff all the time! I thought they were supposed to be graceful.

Anyone want a few free cats?

hat

We had a half wild cat in Germany that brought us severed rabbit heads... cool cat...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
at least your cats can actually kill something, mine cant even sneak up on a mourning dove, the dumbest animal in Arizona

That's pretty bad.  My greyhounds are pretty good at grabbing them out of the air as they fly too low through my yard.  Hard to yell at the dogs to stop when you are laughing so damn hard...

Geoff
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#19]
They're showing off.  

My cat did something similar, and the creepy thing is that we were making fun of him recently because he's so damn old (only like, 11 but apparently that's kinda old for an outdoor cat?)  Anyway, not too long after we talked about him, he brought up two dead bunnies to our front porch.  Didn't want us thinking that just because he's old he's useless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top