Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 4:33:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:42:46 AM EDT
[#1]

I hate little kids.  I hate them whining and crying.  I esp. hate it when my little 4yr cousin wont leave me alone when I go visit them and he keeps pinching me or whatever, but thats cute cuz its my cousin.

That's why I'm going to adopt like a 12y/o girl so when she grows up and brings her friends over from high school, .
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]
By the grace of god my borther is strict with my nephew.  He's a very well behaved child when out in public.  But he still odes 5 year old things to piss him off.

Now if me or my brothers acted like that growing my father and mother would have beat our ass.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I flew from London Gatwick to Newark, NJ with my three kids a few years ago and as we were leaving the plane people kept complimenting me on how well they'd behaved. One person even commented that they hadn't realised there were kids on the flight...

I told them beforehand you WILL behave and meant it. They knew better than to test me.

People who let their kids run rampant on flights really annoy me. If you can't control them, give them Benadryl or something.

Hubby and I are always getting compliments about our childrens' behaviour.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a tuff one for her.  It is difficult traveling by yourself with little kids.  She does not want to go postal in front of a bunch of other people.  She can't use her usual punishments (time out, ass-whooping, whatever the case may be), when they are on a plane.  The kids know this.  So all she can do is threaten, which the kids know is hollow on a plane, or try and coax them into being good.  As far as threatening punishment or promising rewards after she gets off the plane, kids do not respond to incentives that are not in the very near future.  Actually physically disciplining a child on a plane can, and has, resulted in criminal charges on the ground.

In my experience, the key is planning.  You can look at this as a discipline problem, but I see it more as a boredom issue.  I always make sure my kids have plenty to do when we are going to be stuck for a long time in the car or at church.  Hell, I get bored in those situations, why shouldn't they?  Even pencils and notebooks can usually keep them entertained for a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#5]
look for ar15fans recent thread about the kid he rounded up.

you can see what will become of these kids
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Nothing wrong with little kids, they are a blast, but some of the parents these days need a solid ass kicking. Show me a screwed up kid and I will show you a shitty parent. It's about 50% these days.

I don't know where this idea that mommies were supposed to be their kids "best fwends" got started but it has been a disaster.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#7]
If the parent was in control the kids would be under control regardless where they were.  When my kids first learned to walk I took them to the hardware store and walked them around and if they touched something I would gently swat there hand with a fly swatter.  When the owner first saw me she asked me what I was doing and I told her that I was training my kids to behave in a store.  She told me that she had never seen that before and wished more parents did that.  The kids learned self control in public places.  My childern were not allowed to touch anything in a store unless they had the money in their pocket to pay for it.  I ran into the owner a few weeks ago and she remembered my name and my kids name after almost 20 years.  She told me that even when my kids were in high school they would come into her store to look at things and were always polite to everyone they met.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I was in a grocery store one day and encountered a young mother trying to get her five year old to behave.  The little shit monster was screaming and trying to run away from her and she had one of those 'please help me' looks on her face.  I walked up to the kid and said in a stern voice, " I'm going to go cut a switch if you don't behave". Down here 'cut a switch' means that you are going to cut a small limb from a tree to swat a kid with.  The little terror got the big eyes and settled down immediately.  The young mother silently mouthed the words 'thank you' to me and I moved on.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:26:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don't know where this idea that mommies were supposed to be their kids "best fwends" got started but it has been a disaster.

I think some people are scared that their kids won't like them.

The way I see it, it's not my job to be liked, it's my job to be their parent. Somebody has to be in control and it isn't going to be the kids.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#10]

I hate little kids. I hate them whining and crying.

As the parent of 3 exttemely well behaved kids, I can assure you that it is most definately not the kids fault.  It is indeed the fault of the lousy parenting skills now so common.

Parents seem to want to be friends with their kids instead of being in charge of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top