Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/7/2006 10:18:55 PM EDT
So tonight I had alot on my mind and just wanted to get out of my dorm to kinda reflect, so I decide to take a walk around campus and explore the places I havent been.

So I walk around the usual areas but I had never really been over to the golf courses, they are sorta ontop of a hill and offer a great view of the town. Good place to be completely alone and reflect I thought. Plus it was kind of a thrill being completely alone in the middle of the golf course at night. Well I turns out I got more of a thrill then I bargained for.

I get out onto one of the greens that offers a good view and sort of lean agains the tree. Ive been sitting there about 30 seconds when from behind I hear...

BAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!!!

WTF?

I look behind me and there is a large white dog about 50 yards behind me and closing.

Fight or flight quickly take over, Ive got my kershaw speed-safe, but I know a determined dog rarely lets go even when it is severly injured. Plus I really dont want to get into some legal battle with people why I stabed their dog at 1:30 on a golf course.

What did I do? Ran like hell!!

With one hand on my knife I hightailed it towards the nearest lit area. I dont think I have ever ran so fast in my life, I could see the dog behind me chasing me, "BAWAWAWAWA!!.... BAWAWAWAWA!!!" Ahhh crap this is not way to die, mauled to death on a golf course by some dog.

Finally about a 1/4 mile later I got to the edge of a lit parking lot and the dog backed off, I could still hear it barking so I decided to sprint another 1/4 just to be shure.

I went out tonight wanting to relax and reflect, I ended up getting a workout and a brown spot on my shorts.

Lesson learned, walking alone on a golf course late at night is not a good idea.

Flame suit on for what I am shure were numerous tactical errors..
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
lol thats pretty funny. Good thing you were in shape enough to escape
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't anyone tell you not to run with knives?  By the way, dogs instinctively chase things that are running from them.

I liked your story though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Didn't anyone tell you not to run with knives?  By the way, dogs instinctively chase things that are running from them.

I liked your story though.

Yeah I thought about that the moment before I decided to run, but in my .5 seconds of thought I figured it was better to get mauled in a lit area where someone might see me rather than in the middle of a dark golf course. If it got to me I was gonna stab the hell out of it.

ETA knife was still in my pocket when I was running, I just had my hand on it. Last thing I needed was to trip and fall and stab myself.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks , I needed a good laugh.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Most likely if you had stood your ground it wouldn't have attacked you. But what balls would it take to stand there while a big ass dog is running at you!!!!!    
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
That a good story and I'm glad
nothing happened.
Question how long is the blade on the knife you had?
Even though you would have been bit you would have came out on top with a blade in your hand.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Most likely if you had stood your ground it wouldn't have attacked you. But what balls would it take to stand there while a big ass dog is running at you!!!!!    

I've stared down a dog before.

Granted, it was a beagle.  But I did it!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#9]
dude he just wanted you to pet him.  dont you know what BAWAWAWAWA means?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
nothing happened.
Even though you would have been bit you would have came out on top with a blade in your hand.

Its about a 3.5 inch blade, I ALMOST forgot it as I was walking out the door. It would be a really bad idea to be walking at 1am and not be armed in some capacity. Im confident that I would have come out on top with the knife, but I wasnt about to try and  find out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
nothing happened.

Its about a 3.5 inch blade, I ALMOST forgot it as I was walking out the door. It would be a really bad idea to be walking at 1am and not be armed in some capacity. Im confident that I would have come out on top with the knife, but I wasnt about to try and  find out.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I hate dogs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Go back and shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Go back and shoot it.

College campus, no guns
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go back and shoot it.

College campus, no guns

Go back and throw text books at it?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hate dogs.

tell me your not a cat guy
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go back and shoot it.

College campus, no guns

Go back and throw text books at it?

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go back and shoot it.

College campus, no guns

WO!!! Wait a sec, people actually follow that? :)
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#19]
You must have realized before you stepped on the golf course that most golf courses have "Dog Legs" on them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Be thankful there was not a Kennedy out there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go back and shoot it.

College campus, no guns

Around here if you get caught with a gun on campus (and you are a student) you will get expelled and may even get some sort of criminal charges (I think there is a state law).
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go back and shoot it.

College campus, no guns

Around here if you get caught with a gun on campus (and you are a student) you will get expelled and may even get some sort of criminal charges (I think there is a state law).

Yeah im not about to take that risk, im hoping to start living off campus soon anyway.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go back and shoot it.

College campus, no guns

Yeah im not about to take that risk, im hoping to start living off campus soon anyway.

I can't comment on living ON Campus, I've only lived off. It makes for easy fun facebook pictures (AR's and Sig's scare the sheeple I think)
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#24]
You need a supressor..

tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat ... Thud.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Last time I went to the golf course for personal reflection, I did so at 3 AM.  As I layed by the pond staring at the stars, three beautiful Naiads came forth from the water and began to perform oral sex on one another as I watched.  After what seemed like hours, they allowed me to hit them like a Herculaen javelin toss.  

After I was done, Cerberus came running across the green chased me off the course.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#26]
ive never heard a dog make that noise before   "BAWAWAWAWAWAW"    

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I never heard a more compelling argument for SSS..........

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:07:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You need a supressor..

tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat ... Thud.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:11:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Are you sure it wasn't Barbara Walters?

The only thing that story was missing was the water sprinklers coming on.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#31]
You would have known what to do if you were a cop
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#32]
I always have my dog stand guard when I have wild midnight sex on the greens with the Mrs.

Was that you?

We stay off the course during the daytime, too many swingers.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#33]
where's that Jerry Lewis BAHAHAHA pic?  Maybe it was him
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I can say unequivocally that you have zero future in law enforcement.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:26:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I can say unequivocally that you have zero future in law enforcement.

Especially ATF...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:51:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Jesus Christ, I can't believe you have not learned the lesson you yourself mention in the thread title:  "Don't go for a walk..ALONE.."
Dammit, if you had taken someone with you and they were slower, the dog is decoyed.  If they were faster, you whip out that sticker and hamstring the guy/girl.  Either way, you're better off.
Don't they teach you anything in college?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

No shit, I was going to ask why the dog was laughing.....

Dog go ARF ARF, Woof woof, or ARRRRRRRrrrrrrrrOOOOOOOOOOooooooo.  

Singing BAWAWAWAWAWAW doo wa ditty ditty doo run run......
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Now what really would have been funny is if you ran with the knife in your hand, fell, stabbed yourself and dropped the knife while you were tumbling, and THEN got mauled by the dog.

Man, that's movie material right there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:04:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate dogs.

Yep, I like pussy.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate dogs.

Yep, I like pussy.

users.adelphia.net/~blpjr/ar15max1.jpg

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#41]
you out-ran a dog for a 1/4 mile?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Don't underestimate a person on crack.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

That's why I don't think the dog would have attacked. Either it's old and out of shape, or it didn't want to catch him.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:28:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Most likely if you had stood your ground it wouldn't have attacked you. But what balls would it take to stand there while a big ass dog is running at you!!!!!  hr

I've stared down a dog before.

Granted, it was a beagle.  But I did it!

I'm not sure if "staring down" a dog actually works, but I like to think it does.

Once I was taking a walk and I had my bersa .380.  I come around the corner and there is this pitbull on a lease.  The person walking this bad boy was a tiny woman, had to go 90 lbs soaking wet.  I don't know if i startled the dog by coming around that building or what but it growled and began to come towards me.  Clearly by the womans reaction she didn't expect to run into anyone.  She started yelling "NO, NO *insert dogs name* NO!" and began pulling on the leash.  I had a winter coat on so I figured if i had to I'd give the dog my left arm (my right hand was back at my gun).  I didn't want to be hasty and draw unessesarily but so I just stared the dog right in the eyes and thought as hard as I could "dog, I WILL f***ing kill you, you may bite me but I WILL f***ing kill you."   At that point the dog backed down.  I don't know if it was just bluffing, or if I made it rethink the attack but I like to think that I scared it hug.gif.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:31:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I can't comment on living ON Campus, I've only lived off. It makes for easy fun facebook pictures (AR's and Sig's scare the sheeple I think)

I agree
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
dude he just wanted you to pet him.  dont you know what BAWAWAWAWA means?

Pulease...it's quite obvious that any dog that says "BAWAWAWAWA" has a speach impediment. It's not very nice making fun of a poor dogs' disability!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#48]
I dont know, it seems to have had one positive benefit.....it helped you clear your mind
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#49]
As a former golf course superintendent, I thought this was going to be a "I got nailed in the ass by a water cannon story."

But yours is still humorous.

96Ag
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top