Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 6:37:02 PM EDT
Havarti with dill... mmmmm....

But all Germanic peoples make good cheese. Dutch Edam, Gouda, and Roomkaas, English Cheddar, Swiss Gruyère, everything except the mold-veined cheese.

Goddamn, I love cheese.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I like American myself.

Or Pepperjack.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I like American myself.

Or Pepperjack.

American cheese ain't cheese, it's plastic. That is, the variety referred to as American; Americans make some pretty damn fine cheese, including cheddars and the aforementioned Havartis.

Pepperjack's good for its purpose, which is to go on sandwiches and to be cut into little cubes for cheap parties.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a big fan of Schmegma and Fumunda myself.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Personally, I'm not actually a huge consumer of Danish cheese , but tend to like gruyere, aged emmentaler, jarlsberg - and stuff like that.  Plus, that stuff is easier to find here.  Not a lot of stores carry Danish cheese beyond the occasional Havarti and blue chesse.

But the Danish Samsø cheese is good, and Danbo and Maribo are okay cheeses as well.  

There's some nasty Danish cheese too, though - definitely some of the "moldy" ones.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Pepperjack for life. The only thing that comes close is the cheese-in-a-can that you squirt on crackers. And then, only because of convenience.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a slight hijack.  Some Danish butter is great.  Don't care if it costs 12 bucks / pound in our local
"fru-fru" market.  I buy it anyway.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just a slight hijack.  Some Danish butter is great.  Don't care if it costs 12 bucks / pound in our local
"fru-fru" market.  I buy it anyway.

I have to try that. Actually, we haven't used butter in so long, all ours either has freezer burn or has absorbed some nasty smells from the fridge.

I tried making eggs a couple days ago, the butter was NASTY. So I tried again with butter from the freezer, the eggs (which were themselves fresh) had that distinct freezer burn taste.

Quoted:
I'm a big fan of Schmegma and Fumunda myself.

We seem to have a failure to communicate. I said "Cheese," not "Diseased vaginal secretions."
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Havarti is definately a good cheese.

I think pepper jack is the best though.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Velveeta Underground
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like American myself.

Or Pepperjack.

American cheese ain't cheese, it's plastic. That is, the variety referred to as American; Americans make some pretty damn fine cheese, including cheddars and the aforementioned Havartis.

Pepperjack's good for its purpose, which is to go on sandwiches and to be cut into little cubes for cheap parties.

What are you? Some kind of cheese snob?

Pepperjack goes great with shots of tequila.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#11]
in the px's and commisaries (and the mess halls)in europe the main suppliers of dairy products were danish, and all i can say is YUM.

that was good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Velveeta Underground

The Omega Man is back!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Velveeta Underground

The Omega Man is back!

People seem to miss the avatar more than me!

Now I know how Cnatra must feel.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#14]

im rather partial cotswold myself.  Somtimes the birts actualy do somthing rite
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Regular table fare here. Made in OR and one of the finest cheddars around IMO.

And this on special occasions as a treat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top