Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 2:58:20 PM EDT
There have already been state-wide bans of certain weapons, in many major citys there are city "assult weapon" bans.  Now, Boston is banning Barrett 50s, S&W .500s, and FN 5-Sevens.

SO... when everything is banned everywhere... which won't be too far off.... there won't be any "good states".

I think I will head off to San Diego California, and live in the nice temperate weather.

Where ya'll going?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Ain't gonna happen here, at least not at the state level and Georgia has preemption, so the cities can stuff it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
alaska.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't think I'll be moving. This is my home. I will fight the bastards tooth and nail for it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think I will be living like that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Into hiding.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
lol..

the obvious answer is......

Somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#8]
To answer the question, the country with the next-best gun laws.

But I don't intend to move out until it's totally hopeless.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Tahiti........................
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll go to my vault.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]
when the wicked rise, the righteous hide themselves.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#12]
um... california.. is not a good place to go for that..   its probably the worst
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ain't gonna happen here, at least not at the state level and Georgia has preemption, so the cities can stuff it.

+1 LA

Failing that, there might be a compelling urge to become a newly deemed criminal under the unconstitutional statute(s). If arrested I would make the case that the ordinance/stature violated the constitution on the grounds of the Second and Fourteenth Amendment. If the Supreme Court heard the case and upheld the ruling I suppose I'd rot after trying to fight the good fight.

IF CONGRESS PASSED AN AMENDMENT REPEALING THE SECOND AMENDMENT (WHICH IS WITHIN THEIR CONSTITUTIONALLY APPOINTED POWER) I'M the fuck outta here. If congress repealed ANY amendments within the Bill of Rights I am preparing the exit strategy. The first 10 are vital and fundamental to that which America is, was, and SHOULD be.

FWIW: EVEN IF the 2nd is banned that does NOT mean disarmament on the state level (Unless they passed another amendment prohibiting firearms from the public). The states like THE FUCKING PRK WHICH ARE CURRENTLY PASSING AND ENFORCING ILLEGAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS would be free to pass whatever laws they chose to (but it doesn't mean they MUST).
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#14]
How about moving to a third world shit hole where AKs are $50 and a white man can make a good living doing bad things?  

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I propose a new Amendment.

"Amendments 1 - 10, as well as the Amendment that this will become, may not be repealed. This does not imply that the FedGov may ignore the ones it doesn't like."

Then restate all of them in current language and crystal clear so as to prevent this "living breathing document" shit.

The Bill of Rights is not there to grant rights, it protects existing rights.

If they did repeal one of those Amendments, wouldn't it invalidate the original federation by changing the contract in the middle of the agreement? States could use that as an excuse to secede and become their own countries (all over again).
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How about moving to a third world shit hole where AKs are $50 and a white man can make a good living doing bad things?  

Sounds like a plan to me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 LA

Failing that, there might be a compelling urge to become a newly deemed criminal under the unconstitutional statute(s). If arrested I would make the case that the ordinance/stature violated the constitution on the grounds of the Second and Fourteenth Amendment. If the Supreme Court heard the case and upheld the ruling I suppose I'd rot after trying to fight the good fight.

IF CONGRESS PASSED AN AMENDMENT REPEALING THE SECOND AMENDMENT (WHICH IS WITHIN THEIR CONSTITUTIONALLY APPOINTED POWER) I'M the fuck outta here. If congress repealed ANY amendments within the Bill of Rights I am preparing the exit strategy. The first 10 are vital and fundamental to that which America is, was, and SHOULD be.

FWIW: EVEN IF the 2nd is banned that does NOT mean disarmament on the state level (Unless they passed another amendment prohibiting firearms from the public). The states like THE FUCKING PRK WHICH ARE CURRENTLY PASSING AND ENFORCING ILLEGAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS would be free to pass whatever laws they chose to (but it doesn't mean they MUST).

If they out right repeal any of the bill of rights my exit strategy involves the supersonic exit of lead from my rifle barrel.

The bans are happening in Liberal strongholds in states that have very large cities that dominate the state politics. NY would be a great state if NYC fell off the map. Other than these liberal strong holds the rest of the country is fairly conservative. And gun rights are becoming more and more popular nad gun control is becoming a political death sentance for MOST areas.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Down to Santa Monica, and watch the world die.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 LA

If they out right repeal any of the bill of rights my exit strategy involves the supersonic exit of lead from my rifle barrel.

The bans are happening in Liberal strongholds in states that have very large cities that dominate the state politics. NY would be a great state if NYC fell off the map. Other than these liberal strong holds the rest of the country is fairly conservative. And gun rights are becoming more and more popular nad gun control is becoming a political death sentance for MOST areas.

You do realize that to repeal an amendment, not only does Congress have to vote for it, but, IIRC, 2/3 of the states have to approve it as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Heaven.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You do realize that to repeal an amendment, not only does Congress have to vote for it, but, IIRC, 2/3 of the states have to approve it as well.

Like they did with the 16th Amendment? Or does that only apply to repeals? Because not one state ratified the 16th.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like they did with the 16th Amendment? Or does that only apply to repeals? Because not one state ratified the 16th.

If not one state ratified it, how did it become an amendment.  I would like to see proof of this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Heaven.

+1 or maybe Hell, it depends on when they get me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#26]
It won't happen, especially not in VA.  No cops in my area would enforce it anyway. They would probably stand by us.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Staying right here.  I drew my line in the sand long ago.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#28]
there is a secret hole in the earth in death valley that only a few know where it is. when the time comes the chosen will go down that hole to a secret civilization where there are no bands.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
there is a secret hole in the earth in death valley that only a few know where it is. when the time comes the chosen will go down that hole to a secret civilization where there are no bands.

I couldn't live without music.  Even in the secret death valley pit.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I like the third world shithole idea.  Get a few thousand of us armed up.  Dispose with whatever pseudo-government is in power, and reform it into what the US should have been.

I vote on Zimbabwe.  Was pretty good until they killed all the farmers.

I say we whack the warlords, and take it over.  Write up an ironclad constitution and make it stick.  Use the US Constitution as a model and use 200 years of experience...

You know what?  Fuck it.  I DON"T WANT TO LIVE IN ZIMBABWE! Or any other place.  This is my home, and I'll be damned if I let a bunch of fucktards wreck it.

I vote stay and fight.  Win by any means necessary.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#31]

When everything is banned everywhere, where r u going?

Probably another website.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Fishing!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If not one state ratified it, how did it become an amendment.  I would like to see proof of this.

Look for it.

http://www.thelawthatneverwas.com/new/home.asp
http://political-resources.com/taxes/16thamendment/default.htm

Just google "16th Amendment" "Never ratified"
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#34]
An elevated defensible position that will give me a clear shot, and maybe even a chance at an exit.

Wash rinse repeat until I'm dead or something changes.

Either that or I will try and focus more on my whittling on the front porch. Since knives will be banned for everyone except politicians and Rosie O'donnel, I guess I'll be learning to carve wood with a spoon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top