Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 11:39:03 AM EDT
My thought, is the ATF was way over zealous in going after gun prosecutions because Clinton was very anti-gun. These things happened because it was condoned by Clinton through his main squeeze Reno.

Personally I don't think these would have happened if Bush had been elected instead of Clinton.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought Ruby Ridge was during the Bush Administration?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1

George HW Bush is no shining example of freedom.  he brought us the import ban and ruby ridge.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
There would have been a show down with Law Enforcement either way. But there would have been very different outcomes in Clinton was not President.

He set the tone, and Remo carried out the orders.

Don't think there would have been ill planned shootouts if there was a pro gun President in charge.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Ruby Ridge had already happened, but Waco could have been avoided, or turned out differently.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to be devil's advocate and say it probably would have happened.

You have to remember they pulled that stunt with John Lawmaster, and that was during George H. Bush's time in office.

GHB was whacked out of his mind post Destert Storm One (still is, BTW) and if he'd been re-elected, I think he'd let the BATF spill as much blood that they thought they could get away with in order to get more funding. That was what The Waco attack was all about.

-Scott
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

GHB was whacked out of his mind post Destert Storm One (and still is, BTW)

I agree. after DS-1 he was like Heston in 10 cmmdts coming down from the mt.
Very aged and seemingy punch drunk. He did not want the job anymore.
His second term campaign was very French like.
He's got to be nuts if his new bud is Billy Jeff
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I've had enough of today. I'm brain dead.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There would have been a show down with Law Enforcement either way. But there would have been very different outcomes in Clinton was not President.

He set the tone, and Remo carried out the orders.

Don't think there would have been ill planned shootouts if there was a pro gun President in charge.

GHWB was not pro-gun, just another big .gov statist like junior.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

George HW Bush is no shining example of freedom.  he brought us the import ban and ruby ridge.

After 16 months of surveillance of the Weaver property ... and on August 21, 1992, several well-armed US Marshals went to the Weaver property

I always though Clinton was in office but Bush Sr. was.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Bush, Sr. and Clinton were both big .gov guys.
Ruby Ridge and the Import Ban happened on GHWB's watch.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Considering the BATFE for sure and the FBI in some respects are out of control organizations with their own agendas, whomever is in power be damned, I think they would've.

BATFE has made it clear they think they are some sort of avenging angels whose job it is to disarm the public...when in fact hey are nothing more than gun hating JBT douchebags....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
the only difference at waco MIGHT have been the fact we may have had a competant attourney general running the show. i still think armed conflict with the dividians was ineviatable at some level.

they were well armed, prepared and motivated,not to mention a bit looney. the government doesn't like people like that and will go out of it's way to neutralise them

So...armed conflict was inevitable.
Whos fault was that?
The Branch Davdian's, or the US government's?
Seems to me they sought out a conflict.
The BD wasn't like the Black Panthers, or Weather Underground, out there knocking off banks.
They removed themselves from what they thought was a sinful society.
They thought they would be attacked by the forces of "Babylon" an apostate gov't.
Looks like that prophecy came true, now didn't it?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Amen brother.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#15]
How long did the Ruby Ridge action take; a few hours, maybe?

Does anyone thing GHWB (or any president who might have been there at the time) would have even had advance notice or known about it before it was essentially over?

Just askin'
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just askin'

I don't remember the exact duration but it was several days.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Does anyone thing GHWB (or any president who might have been there at the time) would have even had advance notice or known about it before it was essentially over?

Just askin'

IIRC, the ATF is part of the justice department which is part of the executive branch of government, which is controlled by the president.

The president is responsible for the activities of the ATF, and needs to be aware what they are up to.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the only difference at waco MIGHT have been the fact we may have had a competant attourney general running the show. i still think armed conflict with the dividians was ineviatable at some level.

they were well armed, prepared and motivated,not to mention a bit looney. the government doesn't like people like that and will go out of it's way to neutralise them

So...armed conflict was inevitable.
Whos fault was that?
The Branch Davdian's, or the US government's?
Seems to me they sought out a conflict.
The BD wasn't like the Black Panthers, or Weather Underground, out there knocking off banks.
They removed themselves from what they thought was a sinful society.
They thought they would be attacked by the forces of "Babylon" an apostate gov't.
Looks like that prophecy came true, now didn't it?

Prophecy?

More like, Howell's plan came true.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top