Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 11:03:15 AM EDT
My RRA two stage was acting like a single stage after my last trip to the range. I figured that it was just because it was super dirty as I had'nt cleaned it for a while. I cleaned it like I usually do last night and it is the same. Is this a common problem with a simple fix or am I up shit creek?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
take it out of the lower and scrub it clean.  I bet you will find a bit of primer or some junk that is dinking it up.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]
shouldn't this be in the ar15 forum

sorry, but I don't have a clue how to fix your problem
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
This is a common problem.  You're not the first.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
This was in the AR troubleshooting forum and I got no answer.  I find that general discussion gets way more traffic and I figured that with a question such as this the odds of someone having an answer were quite high.  I always eventually end up moving my questions to GD just for lack of feedback in the tech forums.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard that before about RRA triggers but have no first hand experience.  For the life of me I can't figure our why someone doesn't make a plain jane 2 stage trigger like the one in the M16.  It doesn't have to be match, just service grade and at a service grade price.

jd1
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can't get it solved, send the trigger to John Holliger at White Oak Armament , he will get into shape for about $30, he is one of the top ar-15 smiths in the country and nice guy to boot.White Oak

ETA: I have a RRA two stage trigger that has been worked over by White Oak, it is very nice and they set the break at 3.5 lbs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top