Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/7/2006 9:56:14 AM EDT
Geez... can't sink much lower in the polls. He reminds me of that line in the Alice Cooper song No more Mr nice guy.

Even the Rev Smith probably dislikes him. I'm sure a democrat would have given us more angst than Bush, but he's working hard lately....

M4-AK
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The leftist media has been bad mouthing him from day one.  What results are they hoping to get from their poll?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Bush=Nixon?

Hardly.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Geez... can't sink much lower in the polls. He reminds me of that line in the Alice Cooper song No more Mr nice guy.

Even the Rev Smith probably dislikes him. I'm sure a democrat would have given us more angst than Bush, but he's working hard lately....

M4-AK

Have you ever been polled?  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bush=Nixon?

Hardly.

Geez, I voted for Bush too, but what part of his administration are you proud of? Immigration? Arabs running the ports? More Nafta? The Patriot Act?  

M4-AK
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you the new cyanide?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#7]
If the war turns out okay, he'll be regarded well by history.

If the war turns out poorly, he'll be an LBJ.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are you the new cyanide?

I'm not a troll. I just hoped for more out of this presidency. We didn't get the conservative we hoped for.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don't have an issue with the war. It's those other things...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Bush campaigns on "No more nation building", and we are now re-building two nations and have troops training anti-terrorist forces in many more nations.

Bush claims to be anti-big goverment and has increased the size of goverment in ways Clinton could only dream of.

No, Bush isn't Nixon, he is worse.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Bush is no Nixon!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

are you talking about the war in Iraq or the war we are fighting in the southwest with the aztlan invaders? we're winning the first one but badly losing the second.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Bush campaigns on "No more nation building", and we are now re-building two nations and have troops training anti-terrorist forces in many more nations.

Bush claims to be anti-big goverment and has increased the size of goverment in ways Clinton could only dream of.

The only thing worse is your disingenuous twisting of reality.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you the new cyanide?

I'm not a troll. I just hoped for more out of this presidency. We didn't get the conservative we hoped for.

M4-AK

I never thought Bush was a conservative.  I just thought he was better that the lying sacks of leftist shit that ran against him.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:10:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pray tell, what is the reality then?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm not a troll.

Very Nixonesque of you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bush is no Nixon!

I basically mean Bush is becoming as unpopular as Nixon during his last days. Not necessarily mimicing him.....He's alienated many conservative to the point of writing him off.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reality is that a hell of a lot of things CHANGED about the world situation between the time he was campaigning and the time of the two wars SS109 was talking about.  I am dead certain sure if we weren't making such anti-terror efforts, you and SS109 would be the first ones bitching that we weren't doing enough.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol... You're asking RikWriter?!?

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol... You're asking RikWriter?!?

He has more sense than you.  Although that's damning with faint praise.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reality is that a hell of a lot of things CHANGED about the world situation between the time he was campaigning and the time of the two wars SS109 was talking about.  I am dead certain sure if we weren't making such anti-terror efforts, you and SS109 would be the first ones bitching that we weren't doing enough.

Good point.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bush=Nixon?

Hardly.

Geez, I voted for Bush too, but what part of his administration are you proud of? Immigration? Arabs running the ports? More Nafta? The Patriot Act?  

M4-AK

...again, any of you proud of those accomplishments?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bush=Nixon?

Hardly.

M4-AK

You didn't get the e-mail did you?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Nixon had much higher ethcial standards
Was a lot smarter too
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Was a lot smarter too

WOW

If Nixon was smarter did he attend Yale and get a MBA from Havard like Bush???
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Well boys, all I can say is
You run the country with the President you have, not the President you want to have.

Thanks for eight years of the shaft.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you the new cyanide?

I'm not a troll....  

"...I just play one on the internet."
Sorry, it was there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you have been wiretapped, arrested and held without bail, detained without cause, tortured in a secret prison in Eastern Europe, had your library records searched....?

Or was your job given to an illegal alien?

Methinks you listen to way too much of the mainstream media lies. And believe about half.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#29]
....again, if you guys are happy with the immigration issues, the port issues, the patriot act issues and nafta issues, then you guys are more liberal than I am......

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
....again, if you guys are happy with the immigration issues, the port issues, the patriot act issues and nafta issues, then you guys are more liberal than I am......

...and you'll probably be happy with John Mcain for President too. Me, give me a real conservative.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point.

I agree also.  Everything changed.  Bush has a lot on his plate.  He was a good governor and as President, he has worked hard for us.  If you think otherwise, you have been taken in by the liberal media.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You run the country with the President you have, not the President you want to have.

Gore would have been so much better:

theblacksaint.com/img/gore.jpg

You obviously don't have a clue what a real shafting is.

Gore is the human mine shaft.  Look how large the portal is.

There's your basic three hole shafting, two hole shafting and one hole shafting. I'll take the one, but it still has a little too much spam in it and would prefer no shafting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#34]
M4-AK

Stop listening to the "Liberal press" or "drive by media"

The drive by media greatest moment was the impeachement of Nixon. The media was the one who brought down a US President. And they were the hero for the next 30 years.

Granted Nixon ruined his 2nd term by his own actions, but it was the media that exposed him and their focus forced him to quit.

Today,

The liberal media is doing the same thing.....but this time it is not working. The liberal media works for those who listen to the news for about five minutes a day, if you follow the news for five minutes a day you will think the sky is falling and Bush is the worst President ever.

But listen to the news more, and listen to other soruces and you will quickly see the Lib media has an agenda and you are going to be duped if you think NBC, CBS CNN ABC is reporting the factual news.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gore would have been so much better:

[theblacksaint.com/img/gore.jpg[/

You obviously don't have a clue what a real shafting is.

Gore is the human mine shaft.  Look how large the portal is.

I guess in 2 more years you'll be lining up to fellate jeb
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was a lot smarter too

WOW

bush's yale grades

political ties can get you anything

our president has had a hell of a ride.  9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, border security, CIA leaks, senate corruption, Homeland Security Act, etc.

I don't think we have all the information we need to make a judgment on the whole of his presidency.

Although I'm certainly less than thrilled about his performance

A couple years from now the whole truth will be known to us lowly civvies.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#37]
BTW, knowing what I know now I still would have voted for Bush.

Kerry & Gore would have handled 9/11 so much worse.

I would like Bush to veto more pork, guarantee more freedoms, & penalize companies that hire illegals.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
....again, if you guys are happy with the immigration issues

Remind me again of what Bush has done with the Immigration Issue.
Has he put forth any plans?
Executive orders?

, the port issues
The "port issues"?
Did you fall for that one too??!

, the patriot act issues
Yes, it is unfortunate that he allowed the Patriot Act to be weakened before it was made permanent.

If you have a specific problem with the Act, I'm willing to be that you can't cite directly from the Act the part that bothers you.

and nafta issues
NAFTA?
Are you sure you've got the right president?

, then you guys are more liberal than I am......

That I doubt, considering the fact that you are echoing leftist talking points.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Media Bias, and Barone's Conversation
by Joe Katzman on April 6, 2006 12:52 AM

This was priceless. The writer is Michael Barone:

"I remember a conversation I had with a broadcast news executive many years ago. "Doesn't the fact that 90 percent of your people are Democrats affect your work product?" I asked.

"Oh, no, no," he said. "Our people are professional. They have standards of objectivity and professionalism, so that their own views don't affect the news."

"So what you're saying," I said, "is that your work product would be identical if 90 percent of your people were Republicans."

He quickly replied, "No, then it would be biased."

Winds has a post with a bunch of links if you're looking for the surveys that back those lopsided ratios (Hat tip: Instapundit).

lpyeuvp
Direct Link | Comments (7) | TrackBacks (0) | Printer-Friendly | E-mail This!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

As for the port deal that was a NON issue.

The US ports were owned by a British firm which wanted to sell their rights to another firm. The other firm was DP world which was owned by a UAE firm.

This was not going to mean that Arabs were going to control the ports and security and checks. All it was going to mean that at non U.S. firm was going to own the rights to the ports but the U.S. would still be in TOTAL control.

The DP World deal was Killed a few weeks ago. So now this British firm will find another firm to purchase these rights.

I say it should go to Haliburton.

Let the Lib media choke on that one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Libby's latest revelation that Bush instructed him to leak Valerie Plames CIA status, and Bushes earlier denial of knowing anything about it makes him a liar in my book, and not a particularly good one.

He could take a few lessons from Bill Clinton on how to lie in a cagey manner.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was a lot smarter too

WOW

bush's yale grades

our president has had a hell of a ride.  9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, border security, CIA leaks, senate corruption, Homeland Security Act, etc.

I don't think we have all the information we need to make a judgment on the whole of his presidency.

While Bush's grades were not the best.....they were better than Kerry
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was a lot smarter too

WOW

bush's yale grades

Yeah but kerry has 3 count em 3 purple hearts.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Libby's latest revelation that Bush instructed him to leak Valerie Plames CIA status, and Bushes earlier denial of knowing anything about it makes him a liar in my book, and not a particularly good one.

He could take a few lessons from Bill Clinton on how to lie in a cagey manner.

Libby did NOT reveal that "Bush instructed him to leak Valerie Plames CIA status".
That is a lie. Prove it otherwise.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I think you owe us all an apology for lying.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you have been wiretapped, arrested and held without bail, detained without cause, tortured in a secret prison in Eastern Europe, had your library records searched....?

Or was your job given to an illegal alien?  Sure have been a lot of jobs go off shore in the last 6 years  We will be seeing cheap mangos tho...

Methinks you listen to way too much of the mainstream media lies. And believe about half.

The question is, under this administration, can any of those things happen to you or me?  

This is the most corrupt, lying, stealing, cheating administration since Nixon.  They will do just about anything to win.  That was the Nixon administration I remember.

Remember when gas was $1.25/gal? The budget was balanced?  The Demo's were in control?

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

M4-AK

When I look back, it was quite obvious that Bush was never a conservative.  As he has shown over the last 6 years, he and his people are quite adept at pandering.

I regret voting for the man twice.  Not that I would have even dared to have cast a vote for Gore or Kerry.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

The immigration issue is far more complex than both sides have mentioned.  Would you like Mexico to undergo a Marxist revolution?  It is more than just a passing fancy.  I prefer Fox over a Chavez butt-buddy, ANY FUCKING DAY.

The port issue was very similar.  Inadequate medial coverage.  Are you concerned a Chinese government owned corporation already controls ports in California?

The Patriot Act is much maligned but never credited.  How many times in the past 4 years have you been held in violation of the PA?

NAFTA.  Either we trade or we die.  Did you know that US grown corn is exported to Mexico since NAFTA passed?  Well, that is one reason we have a greater immigrant issue because cheap US corn forced many Mexican farmers out of business.  But in the end, NAFTA has been good for the US.

I am not liberal, I am a realist and I have a bit more knowledge on these subjects than the MSM wants us to know.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was a lot smarter too

WOW

bush's yale grades

Yeah but kerry has 3 count em 3 purple hearts.  

Yeah.
In Iraq, we called superficial wounds like those, "John Kerrys".
Wounds that require very little medical attention, and do not keep you from duty. (all of his).

That HE, an officer would use those lame scratches as a loophole to leave his men in the field, and THEN before they're even home, he bad mouths them from America.

Disgraceful.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Libby's latest revelation that Bush instructed him to leak Valerie Plames CIA status, and Bushes earlier denial of knowing anything about it makes him a liar in my book, and not a particularly good. He could take a few lessons from Bill Clinton on how to lie in a cagey manner.

"Another one bites the dust" with apologies to Queen(?).

So you don't think that Scooter would say anything almost anything to stay out of Federal prison?  You don't think that the media would then blow this possible fabrication, without any fact checking, completely out of poroportion?  You obviously believe everything fed to you by the liberal media, don't you?

Do you believe everything that they say about guns, too?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Nixon was actually a very intelligent guy...that made some stupid mistakes...
this administration hired a "Libby" which was part of the problem in the Nixon years...you never want to hire guys with the name of Hitler, Stalin, Dillinger, Capone, etc...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top