BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:33:58 AM EDT
Any ideas?  Ordered today.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I always wondered what it would be like to do business with thieves.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I always wondered what it would be like to do business with thieves.

i was getting ready to ask him if he's been to the ammo forum lately
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
ammoman kicked my dog, raped my wife and shot wolf ammo through my AR!  and he turned me into a newt!
i got better...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you think to

ASK THE VENDOR?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did you think to

ASK THE VENDOR?

neverfucking mind..

worse than women..
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you think to

ASK THE VENDOR?

neverfucking mind..

worse than women..

im proud of it
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#7]
AMMOMAN KICKED MY DOG ATE MY LAST FROZEN BURRITO AND PISSED ON MY COUCH!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I know about the issue of Ammoman.  But cheap ammo is cheap ammo..  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Brilliant.  Just don't start a thread about how he fucked you over when/if it happens.  You will get no sympathy here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#10]
About 3 days when I ordered in the past.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Takes him 7 days to my get me my orders to Texas.

Order on mon., shows up next mon., (don't seem to matter what day, M, T T, F,  it'll be there one week later)

Mike

ps - the more they bash him, the more that leaves for guys like myself.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

where is the cheap ammo on his site?  all i can find is the overpriced stuff.  sure he has some good stuff (XM855 among other stuff) but his prices are 10-20% over what other sites charge
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brilliant.  Just don't start a thread about how he fucked you over when/if it happens.  You will get no sympathy here.

There's risk associated with any monetary transactions.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Did you think to

ASK THE VENDOR?

maybe the guy doesn't want to take the vendor's word on it

maybe he wants some actual test data

you guys don't have to come up with a witty sneer for virtually everything that gets posted.  take a break for a day.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=451943

As I said in the other thread, for too many people here at ARFCOM, it's all about economics.

Morality doesn't matter...until it's you that gets burned.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#16]
he has to ship it to Vietnam first....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where is the cheap ammo on his site?  all i can find is the overpriced stuff.  sure he has some good stuff (XM855 among other stuff) but his prices are 10-20% over what other sites charge

Which other sites?  Please share!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Any ideas?  Ordered today.

I've never had to wait more than 48 hours to get a shipment notification from him whenver I've ordered, and I've ordered a lot from him. Still do.

I ordered 7pm on a Sunday, and had the shipment notification by 10am on a Tuesday. I had the shipment at the end of that week. This was my most recent buy. Previous ones were just as smooth.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You can get it cheaper. It's called shopping.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Took mine about 4-5days.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yet you still ordered from him.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Then why buy from ammoman?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you think he pays for the "free" shipping?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Order on mon., shows up next mon., (don't seem to matter what day, M, T T, F,  it'll be there one week later)

Mike

same here 7 days.

I have ordered $$thousands of dollars of merchandise from Eric over the years, always great service.

And all of you who are bashing Eric who have not ordered from him, your opinion means absolutely nothing on this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Subject: Order now at Ammoman.com
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 07:52:36 -0800

We expect a 4 to 5 percent UPS rate increase starting 2006
We also expect the major manufacturers and importers to raise prices.Most websites do not reflect these price increases and also do not have most of what they advertise in stock.
We have in stock what we list in stock.
Order before 2006 to beat any potential price increase.

Reading between the lines, it says, "Order before 2006 because when UPS raises their prices, we raise our prices because the cost of shipping is included in our sales price."
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#26]
never ordered from him because he was/is not competitively priced.  i always thought he had 50 accounts here.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really. Then please tell me where you can get 20 round boxed XM193 cheaper (and don't forget his shipping in included in his displayed price, so count that in).

I would really like to know, and I sure haven't seen it anywhere else for that price.

And I'm not talking about the loose packed stuff, either.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#28]
All of the orders I've placed with Ammoman have only taken 3 days.  Fast enough for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

same here 7 days.

I have ordered $$thousands of dollars of merchandise from Eric over the years, always great service.

And all of you who are bashing Eric who have not ordered from him, your opinion means absolutely nothing on this.

I've ordered from ammoman a few times in the past, but I never liked it....I needed a brick of federal match gold for a weekend shoot so I paid dearly for it.

His prices were never competitve for "commodity" ammo (5.56, 7.62x39, etc)

Cheaper places I've bought from: Sportsman Warehouse, Natchezss, Cableas, Bass Pro, and a dozen gun show vendors

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I recently bought almost $3,000.00 worth of ammo from him, no problem.  My experiences have been good, so I just don't understand some of these other postings.  MournSword
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I recently bought almost $3,000.00 worth of ammo from him, no problem.  My experiences have been good, so I just don't understand some of these other postings.  MournSword

There are a few posts accusing him of being a theif. Run a search on it. If true, Im shocked that people still run business like that.

Personally I have never used ammoman so I cannot answer the original poster's question.

I am too impatient to wait for ammo... When I need ammo I get it NOW! I have a place called Ammo Bros. near my home... good prices.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#32]
I've bought plenty from ammoman though due to recent posts I will probably not in the future. Too bad.

In any event, Usually about 4 days, IIRC. Never really tracked it but then again, I never let myself run out so a wait has never been a big deal.

And,
Of course the price of shipping is figured into the price. WTF you think he sells ammo out of the goodness of his heart?  I don't understand the bitching about that at all.

I do also buy from Natchez, Sportman's Guide, Ammunition Store, Dan's Ammo, Wholesale Hunter and AIM.  All good.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:07:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Did you think to

ASK THE VENDOR?

Can't or he will sick his lawyers on you
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What do you get when you sleep with the cheap street walkers, cheap is cheap
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Why???

I've ordered from him in the past & will never again order from him.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=335943
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

And,
Of course the price of shipping is figured into the price. WTF you think he sells ammo out of the goodness of his heart?  I don't understand the bitching about that at all.

I agree 100%... This is a pet peeve of mine. A man can charge WHATEVER he wants.. dont like the price.. go somewhere else... that is the beauty of living in a Capitalist society.

i had a competitor that literally charged over 2X  my prices... customers of mine were pissed. I asked them "Why are you pissed?... he can charge whatever he wants. It's YOUR job as a consumer to shop around."
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Did you think to

ASK THE VENDOR?

Why, the vendor in this case will just lie.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really. Then please tell me where you can get 20 round boxed XM193 cheaper (and don't forget his shipping in included in his displayed price, so count that in).

I would really like to know, and I sure haven't seen it anywhere else for that price.

Like most ammo distributors, Ammoman has good prices on certain things and high prices on other things. I recently ordered some Federal boxed XM193 and got it from Ammoman because he had the best deal. However, I have never found Ammoman to have good deals on surplus .308 or .45ACP and most of the other calibers that I shoot.

I have placed about 5 orders from Ammoman in the last 3 years. All were good experiences except one. I ordered some of what he claimed were "Original IMI UZI 32 round mags". When they arrived, they were unmarked. I called Eric and he became a real smart_ass dick-head in about 3 seconds of me questioning if the mags were really IMI. He said I could return them if I wanted, but he was a total asshole about it. After that experience, if another compnay has an equal deal on ammo, I'll make it a point to not buy it from Ammoman. If Ammoman has the best deal, I'll still order it from him.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
AMMOMAN KICKED MY DOG ATE MY LAST FROZEN BURRITO AND PISSED ON MY COUCH!

Been raping us for years too.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like most ammo distributors, Ammoman has good prices on certain things and high prices on other things. I recently ordered some Federal boxed XM193 and got it from Ammoman because he had the best deal. However, I have never found Ammoman to have good deals on surplus .308 or .45ACP and most of the other calibers that I shoot.

I have placed about 5 orders from Ammoman in the last 3 years. All were good experiences except one. I ordered some what he claimed were "Original IMI UZI 32 round mags". When they arrived, they were unmarked. I called Eric and he became a real smart_ass dick-head in about 3 seconds of me questioning if the mags were really IMI. He said I could return them if I wanted, but he was a total asshole about it. After that experience, if another compnay has an equal deal on ammo, I'll make it a point to not buy it from Ammoman. If Ammoman has the best deal, I'll still order it from him.

Exactly. If he has some stuff I can't find anywhere else, or at a better price, then I buy from  Eric. If he doesn't I go elsewhere. I call bullshit on those calling him a thief because he has always offered a refund. Thieves don't do that.

I don't have to swear allegiance to anyone to buy ammo, I just buy from the source that is best from my standpoint, that means cost and delivery and specific items.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I call bullshit on those calling him a thief because he has always offered a refund. Thieves don't do that.

You are aware of the case in question, right?  The one where he grossly misrepresented a rifle, and then refused to take it back - and lawyered up, over a few hundred bucks.  Seems like a really clear-cut case.  It played out in public here, and Eric got booted off the site because of it, IIRC.

I've always gotten prompt service from him when I've ordered ammo - but that particular case did really make me pause and wonder if I will ever order from him again.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I call bullshit on those calling him a thief because he has always offered a refund. Thieves don't do that.

You are aware of the case in question, right?  The one where he grossly misrepresented a rifle, and then refused to take it back - and lawyered up, over a few hundred bucks.  Seems like a really clear-cut case.  It played out in public here, and Eric got booted off the site because of it, IIRC.

I've always gotten prompt service from him when I've ordered ammo - but that particular case did really make me pause and wonder if I will ever order from him again.  

No wasn't aware of that one. Got a link for the details?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
ammoman kicked my dog, raped my wife and shot wolf ammo through my AR!  and he turned me into a newt!

Shit, and I was hoping newts couldn't type.
i got better...

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't pay attention to the sissybabies crying on this forum.

I bout about 4k worth from him 2 weeks ago and got it in 5 days.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No wasn't aware of that one. Got a link for the details?

READ ALL ABOUT IT
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in the same boat DK. Some of the complaints I've seen about him have been the sand in the mangina syndrome. That particular one, however, has given me some serious doubts. I ordered from him four times last year. I'm not sure if I'm going to repeat that this year.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#48]
OK I read all about it.
It seems it was a "Viet Nam" Bringback Chinese SKS, but brought back by an importer, not a vet.
He never claimed to have papers or stated that it was brought back by an individual. I know what the common understanding of the term "Bringback" is, but most Vet wartime bringbacks I have seen have papers with them.  However since the term "Bringback" has no legal definition, I doubt any legal recourse would be possible as it was in fact "brought back".

Buying used guns on the internet is always a tricky business, especially ones that are deemed to have historical value. That said, Eric's dealing here wasn't 100% above board, to be sure.

I don't think it will keep me from buying ammo from him, as long as he has something I need that no one else has.

Perhaps he would be better off sticking to ammo as that seems to be what he does best.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#49]
So... how many of you band wagon jumping ass fucks actually got ripped off by ammoman or even had one transaction with him?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I've ordered from ammoman before and,

#1:  Never felt the need toask what his shipping time is on a site
that is unconnected to him.

#2:  Never had him fail to fill an order on time, on price.

There has been enough negative scuttlebutt about him to make me use another source.

If you think he's markedly cheaper than Nantchez...Do
some research.

I did before i bought my last bunch of .223.

This board brought me to him, and, the bad CS on his part to members of this
board have pushed me away.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top